What do you guys think of Air pots instead of fabric pots......

• Thread starter Domon8n30
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Domon8n30

Domon8n30

I got these new grow pots, there called air pots and they are supposed to dramatically increase root growth and overall yield...
What do you guys think of air pots instead of fabric pots

What do you guys think of air pots instead of fabric pots 2
What do you guys think of air pots instead of fabric pots 3
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

I am down with those 👍 . Don’t really like the floppiness of the fabric pots. Drilled some extra holes in my regular plastic pots and that is what I am using right now.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I'll be using those for my next grow as well, using canvas pots now and they're fine but the air pots I'm hoping to get same results but using 1/3 smaller pots and they're a little more flexible for moving around.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
airports have better air circulation and the soil dries faster. I've got one and use it when i've got no other pots available. I've also noticed a better root system in them.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I dont really get why anyone wants their soil drying faster. Patience in watering and timing it right is key. Its less work. I dont see better results with other growers in in hydro or coco so why is it necessary to speed up watering/feeding? The plants sure dont need the extra stuff.

That said. If you use air or cloth pots i assume you still need to time the waterings properly so same learning curve and same results when correct.

if faster growth is desired coco seems to be way more advantages for drainage than any different pot.

sambapati

sambapati

I dont really get why anyone wants their soil drying faster. Patience in watering and timing it right is key. Its less work. I dont see better results with other growers in in hydro or coco so why is it necessary to speed up watering/feeding? The plants sure dont need the extra stuff.

That said. If you use air or cloth pots i assume you still need to time the waterings properly so same learning curve and same results when correct.

if faster growth is desired coco seems to be way more advantages for drainage than any different pot.
The thing I like about the holes is sticking a wood stick in in the middle to check real dryness. Have the 3 gallons outside and 5 gallons inside.
20210107 094224

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

We use both. They both do excellent in our facilities. Htg has been selling fairly cheap air pruners. We have bought about 200 and no problems with excellent growth.

did one type do better?

Domon8n30

Domon8n30

I think there good I don’t use that type I make my own or use these ones outdoors .
I tried this myself it does not seem to work the same as the airpots ... I just transplanted my plants into airpods and they rebounded and what seemed like a couple hours...

Domon8n30

Domon8n30

It's not for easier watering or faster drying, it helps the root system to grow more and become stronger.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

says wont become as root bound. I have never seen a plant become root bound. I still see no reason for the made up “air pruning” thats just a marketing term.

Fabric pots were designed for tree transplants so the roots could rip through to the ground below.

Crap forgot we are talking air pots now. They further tried to bank on the fabric pot hype.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

My opinion is the soil gets more exposure to air so a bit better gas exchange. Air pruning roots basically signals the root to grow in a different direction. The pruning itself doesn't do anything beneficial IMO.

Top Bottom