What do you REALLY think about selling to dispensaries under the new guidelines

• Thread starter Kendo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CobbCreekBob

if it tests out and they want to buy it and you are a legal patient, I'd say go for it. Denver is not having too bad a problem, they knocked some of the mom/pops at the beginning, but now they claim it rocks. I've also heard while people are waiting, scared or not ,sure or whatever, there are already Cartel clubs in Denver, not up front, the big money behind. Better it be local folks, IMHO, then letting them boys into it. I"d be curious to see how many growers test their gear and what it tests out to and see if they even get an offer. From the way the law reads to me, your gonna have some big production places either directly or indirectly involved with the clubs, hopefully putting out some serious strength meds. Hopefully that will make most that can't afford the good shit to have to grow their own or have a grower that has some integrity,etc. and has to up the ante for quality. If they can't hang, peeps can hit the clubs. The proof will be in the meds, imo.

C

CobbCreekBob

goes into effect Mar 1

need to keep up, a fourth version was gone over Dec 11, it was posted in the other grower thresad, but Im sure you didn't bring it up by mistake, lol

Dr.Trichome

Dr.Trichome

I'm with ya. Could be a pain. But it should up the ante for sure. I just can't bear not doing a quality job at all anyway, and don't see why others can put in the time and effort to grow, then don't do quality. Hoping the testing and so forth will turn folks on to expecting quality. Hopefully, anyway.

Kendo

Kendo

I'm with ya. Could be a pain. But it should up the ante for sure. I just can't bear not doing a quality job at all anyway, and don't see why others can put in the time and effort to grow, then don't do quality. Hoping the testing and so forth will turn folks on to expecting quality. Hopefully, anyway.

It's like I was tellin ole Bob there will be a lot of black market room for the undercover crowd for a time. The schwagg will continue to flow.
I think that once the general public gets a taste of real quality meds either the black marketeers will step up their game or the GP will find a way to get quality.......

C

CobbCreekBob

unless the black market lowers their price or ups their quality, they have ruined it themselves, the outdoor boys will go to processing only as that will sell at the dispensarys, not haylike quality, early pulled outdoor. Once the public goes inside a club and figures out they can budget the good shit in their life budget and not have to put up with what they have been putting up with outdoor schwag, it'll last for processing and medibles, it won't stick around much for smoking, JMHO.

Kendo

Kendo

unless the black market lowers their price or ups their quality, they have ruined it themselves, the outdoor boys will go to processing only as that will sell at the dispensarys, not haylike quality, early pulled outdoor. Once the public goes inside a club and figures out they can budget the good shit in their life budget and not have to put up with what they have been putting up with outdoor schwag, it'll last for processing and medibles, it won't stick around much for smoking, JMHO.

Now we are talkin. I surmised long ago that there will always be a market for schwagg, even if it just for processing.
Many. Many moons ago a friend got a shipment from mexico. A boxcar full of bricks. A lot of the bricks were shake and seeds. He did not care he got the boxcar for SHIT CHEAP.
I took probably 2 tons of schwagg and turned it into keif then pressed it into hash...TOOK ME MONTHS to do, ( PRE bubble bags ) the hash was excellent and the metric shit ton of shake went to another freind who had an old school ISOMERIZER. He made little batches of ISO oil forever LOL.Prolly still makin it.

C

CobbCreekBob

Isomorizor, lmfao, that's an old tool that many might or might not remember, suckers worked. I hated to see em quit sellin.. I will say one thing, no offense to anyone, but that ole seedy brick and Mexican made the best butter and to this day, I"ve yet to have any medibles compare, made wth oil, hash, etc. That ole brik weed butter was one or two cookie wholeday then nap time, meds lol, you had the hangover also later, so I suspect seeded and all, it was high cbd, and such, but there was more to it than that, had to have a chunk of thc in there to match that for that effect. And you mentioned elsewhere, my respect comes from the ole PG days, lol, remember doc, P730 or like that, I loved that guy and you too, you give it like you get it in a respectable way. Happy New Year

Kendo

Kendo

the good ole days
Sharkdog

Jboys3

Jboys3

Lots of paper trail, Color CCTV, Taxes, Patient paperwork. HMMM!!!
Is it legit enough to jump into?
What are your thoughts?
Not going to do it yet. Don't trust the Feds. I will pay my taxes if I decide to start 'selling' my meds, but I am waiting to see how the Feds react on the enforcement and tax level first in Washington and Colorado.

I have been asked to start a dispensary because of my background too. I will not consider this as an option either for the same reasons.

In the meantime I will continue to grow my meds for me and my cardholders...

C

CobbCreekBob

WA and CO are apples and oranges in the way they are going about their legalization. WA looks like its trying to minimize or get rid of medical or make it hard, or you can just grow your own and CO is wide open, keeping medical, making it cheaper, do you realize instead of a 175 ten minute office visit for a sig, like in ORegon, their docs don't charge near that much, the state dropped their fees a bit, but the doctors didn't, don't they remind you of the cash croppers, and you can't find one mmj dr down south that will be your primary, they really believe, don't they? I hope Oregon passes the legalization law and gets the club law in order, but any state that would put 4 people in charge of running the whole club operation and tells folks for the first year, there won't be any physical inspections if your paperwork is in order, what kind of stupid enforcement is that, how would you know they are actually testing, and that stuff the law says to do, they are doing it, if there is no enforcement? Oregon is the backwoods armpit of the West Coast, when it comes to the easy and hard way of doing things, seems like. They don't even bother to look at what works in other states and such and adapt, they just gas it and go, lol

Kendo

Kendo

Are you Kiddin me Bob...REALLY!!!!
That's not a soap box Bob, it's quicksand sucking your logic in.
I am Sooooo stoked that Oregon is taking such a hands off approach.
And what works in other states Bob. NOTHING!!!!!!
CO is a ridiculous debacle that left the vast majority of Coloradans out the running and will have little effect on the black market cash croppers..., Washington screwed the pooch and everybody is fooked..
There is no physical oversight in Cali, so does that make Cali the Butthole of the West since Oregon is north and the armpit....
You really make me laugh Bro. Everybody is a cash cropper... The Dr's, the Outdoor growers, the dispensary operators. It's like nobody is allowed to make money from pot, WTH! C'mon man! that old school hippy dippy crap about free weed is just that.. Pot is not sacrosanct my friend.

C

CobbCreekBob

to each his own, lol. I never said anything bad bout the club owners, as they will be the one place to bypass a shady or bad grower, or be the place a person can get quality meds if they can't grow their own and get tired of some of the compassion meds for donation around, and yea, I was bitchin bout a 175 supposed DOCTOR visit, lmfao, and they don't even check your BP, but yet its medical, LMFAO. That's what makes me laugh, it supposed to look medical, sound medical, its not abused medical, lmfao, and people wonder why their are skeptics on the medical aspect. By the way, Kendoman, did you see the new poll out today, the country overwhelmingly wants it legalized, not medically, recreationally legalized, lol,, do you think its because of the horror stories told by the med states, ya think that has anything to do with it?LMFAO You'll do just fine in Oregon, Kendoman, nobody wants it free, they just want it potent and well grown. Pretty simple really. lol. And slingin far and wide. Yep, you'll do fine, sir............!lol

BrotherGreen

BrotherGreen

And what works in other states Bob. NOTHING!!!!!!
CO is a ridiculous debacle that left the vast majority of Coloradans out the running and will have little effect on the black market cash croppers..., Washington screwed the pooch and everybody is fooked..
There is no physical oversight in Cali, so does that make Cali the Butthole of the West since Oregon is north and the armpit....
You really make me laugh Bro. Everybody is a cash cropper... The Dr's, the Outdoor growers, the dispensary operators. It's like nobody is allowed to make money from pot, WTH! C'mon man! that old school hippy dippy crap about free weed is just that.. Pot is not sacrosanct my friend.

Agreed! The only way to make any money at this would be to manage the process from start to finish or stun and run. I have been watching things unfold since the Blunt Brothers opened up shop in Vancouver BC over a decade ago and if history repeats itself, what we do will shortly be a thing of the past.
Growers today have options, the best being to buy a dispensary. Grow in the basement and sell it up top. You make all the money (and squeeze out all the profit) off the entire operation from cutting to customer (kinda like we are doing now).
This is why we must adapt. If dispensaries are selling weed to the public at $150 an oz how much do you think the grower is gonna get from the dispensaries for that oz? A hundred bucks? How about when competition picks up and everyone is undercutting everyone else's throats and the price gets cut in half? Now you are getting $50 an oz for your product and the feds (IRS, FDA, ect) and the state haven't even extracted their pound of flesh yet.
I think pot will end up like beer. Not a lot going on with black market beer, not a lot of money in it for small time operations, you will have variety but in order to remain competitive the price will pretty much be set by demand.
The second the feds see how much money is being made, every department that can muscle their way into it will be there with their large hands out waiting to bleed every nickel they can legally take from us.
Plan B is to invest in multiple startups and sell them off quickly for massive profits then retire and grow my own as a hobbyist. Haven't been able to find much out there that is better than what I can grow and I sure ain't gonna pay for the rot lung dirt weed that will be available in the produce section at Walmart!

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
You guys are depressing... I would stay out for now ...grow good weed you will always have someone wanting it..there's a lot of people not going thru the hassel of getting a card. $380.00 just to get card..ridiculous. And now you have to get permission from your cardholders to sell excess weed..I am sure all the patients are going to say well i want my profit from it ..they already think they should not pay for any and get 2 oz free a month.. Don't know about you but it cost lots of electric etc to grow ..patients drive me nuts and the disp usually don't even kn ow how to grow and are making a profit on us growers .. Sure now we can charge for our time ... can't see them wanting to pay that.. I personally will kick back ,grow good weed and see what happens..

jaredman

jaredman

i don't think it will be like beer at all, more like liquor. Sure you can buy a seven dollar bottle of cheap shitty vodka but i would rather drink grey goose or similar top shelf. There are many others who can and will always notice quality and the price of weed will never rival the price of beer. My point being it is more a valuable commodity than that so people will be deciding how to spend and many will choose top shelf. I also agree that commercial warehouse grows can't compete with basement growmasters and so the quality in the stores will not match what a true greenthumb can produce in his or her basement. However, if some people that get a production license choose to keep their operations small they will be banging out top shelf and it will be available in stores. I think there will be in the future a variety of selection of quality ranging from c to aaa grades and the price will be reflective of the product.

Top Bottom