What do you recommend for me to start my hydroponics journey?

• Thread starter nomis44
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nomis44

nomis44

HI guys, I'm ready to start my first hydroponics grow. What stores do you recommend for me to buy my supplies?

Jakecan

Jakecan

HI guys, I'm ready to start my first hydroponics grow. What stores do you recommend for me to buy my supplies?
If you're in Canada I would highly recommend the one part Mantis buffered Nutrients. Simplest nutrients I've ever used and I grow in coco. If you are going DWC direction I've heard of some people setting it up using Mantis where it's pretty much automated. just top up your tank when it gets low and let it grow... not trying to be a poet 😂

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Support your local gro shops if possible. If not they won't be around.

Don't need to make Bezos more wealthy.

I understand what you're saying, but Bezos created an amazing service. Also, my local hydro shop owner is such an annoying salesman ALWAYS trying to sell me some bullshit and it pisses me off 😂 If I had a cool hydro shop guy I would go there more often.

Ponky

Ponky

The grow store with the most bales of promix in stock. Where they sell buckets and basket lids.

Habosabin

Habosabin

I understand what you're saying, but Bezos created an amazing service. Also, my local hydro shop owner is such an annoying salesman ALWAYS trying to sell me some bullshit and it pisses me off 😂 If I had a cool hydro shop guy I would go there more often.
Yeah.. I was trying to get a few basic parts for my drip irrigation and the owner helped me find all the parts and then just told me I could have them. So little stuff like that is pretty cool. I buy from them if they are reasonable close to Amazon. there was one thing recently I ordered because they were double amazon, but I think there was a mislable or something. But stuff like rockwool cubes they are cheaper than Amazon.

Ponky

Ponky

The 8 outlet pumps from hydrofarm for 75 CDN are a decent price. And cloning collars are ok priced. Lights and tents are decent on Amazon. But that's it.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Yeah.. I was trying to get a few basic parts for my drip irrigation and the owner helped me find all the parts and then just told me I could have them. So little stuff like that is pretty cool. I buy from them if they are reasonable close to Amazon. there was one thing recently I ordered because they were double amazon, but I think there was a mislable or something. But stuff like rockwool cubes they are cheaper than Amazon.
My grow shop guy tried telling me I wasn't running a live environment with microbs. He suggested running H202 because he didn't have hydroguard in stock.

I am contemplating opening a hydro store because all the ones around here are horrible.

I just dont know how alibaba works lol.. Or if it's reliable. I already got the building lol..

Anyways, if store owners are not price competing with Amazon, they deserve to go out of business. You got so many people with the wrong mentality. Like why would you work at a place 20 years just for the benefits. What about skills? What happens if they close.. How many fork lift drivers does the world need lol..

Anyways, I somewhat enjoy telling businesses how much cheaper I can buy it elsewhere.. . Guess I'm a dick :(

Top Bottom