what does it mean when ph of ruoff is lower than what go inn?

• Thread starter ballisticsurf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

ballisticsurf

is this good or bad or does it not matter. ?
thank for all the help?

A

Alekiboy

It means that your Soil pH is acidic and lower ph than your water source...
What is the pH of your runoff?

Rushoe

Rushoe

Had this issue not to long ago my ph was going the coco at 5.7 5.8 and coming out at 5.2 ph turns out I had tons of salt built ups and that was putting my ph outa wack even after a good flush was plain water my ph was still outa wack I had to ph my water at 6.3 and that seemed to have fixed my ph problem the run off after that was coming out at 5.8 on the dot. This happen to me from not giving plain watering in between feedings and froze my grow for a two weeks or so....Good luck pal

G

grnmountainboy

yeah, it is definitely salt build up. to avoid this from now on, give your plants a flush (3gallons of water per gallon of medium) once a week. this is one of the most important steps in growing and most growers overlook it as a simple fix to deficiencies and toxicities. a flush a week will be more than rewarding in yield.

I

ibTheMan

Up biuld up, but next time u water adjust the PH up to try to get to 6.0ph or whatever u want it at.

B

ballisticsurf

thanks and i have flushed since the problem occured and when i flushed my ppm of runoff was 5560! im back on track now and flush weekley. do you know can i use clearex in the middle of flower to help fush or no waite till preharvest. use ph RO water or use clearex flush weekley?

The Joker

The Joker

Interesting information. I've never used coco , recently made the switch to soil from hydro and think I'm getting the hang of it. Although I have a gallon of Clearex it seemed to slow my plants down.
I feed every other watering , less in the week before flush. What I have been using is diatomic humus which breaks down everything and seems to keep salt from building up.

3 gallons per gallon of medium sounds does not work with my soil mix. With a porous medium , of course. I tried it and my plants got stressed and did not need water for 5 days. Medium is promix with perlite and worm castings.

This round I'm experimenting with mycchos and Diotomic humus / molasses after week 6 to get rid of excess nutes. Visually , I can't tell. Plants look good. I'm hoping it makes a difference in flavor. I like the smoothness of organics but can't afford all the extra veg time and reduced yield.

Sometimes you can't see the over fert, you taste it in harsh smoke.

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

thats for real! whoops right

Im having the same problem right now too! Cant measure my PPM's but im sure they're right there. I've flushed twice with 2gals each of plain h20 pH'ed at 6.

Idk wtf to do! The runoff is still at like high 4's low 5's! WTF

Top Bottom