What does praying leaves mean? My plants are praying

• Thread starter MrC.A
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MrC.A

My plants are praying all of a sudden, i haven’t watered them today because I gave them abit much yesterday but not too much.

What does praying leaves mean my plants are praying
2Bad

2Bad

The leaf contours look fine other than that the plants look like they're stretching. Light might be too far away? Too me they look awful tall and skinny. Wait and see what others say about your leaves.
Agreed but it seems like the stretching happend a minute ago the new nodes are closer. I would just put alot more soil around the stem so it's not weak

2Bad

2Bad

I wouldn't bring the light closer I mean you can try but if you see any white/brown tips pull it back after. I think the stretching happened early on and you corrected it though. What's your soil type? Also How often are you watering?

M

MrC.A

Ok I’m using coco perlite 70/30 and I water once a day but only in the middle. Also I’ve been using the light at the lowest level I think 250 watts, should I increase?

2Bad

2Bad

Ok I’m using coco perlite 70/30 and I water once a day but only in the middle. Also I’ve been using the light at the lowest level I think 250 watts, should I increase?
Nice Im a coco guy too. If you increase the light intensity do it slowly. It's a guessing game unless you have a meter. I usually just keep increasing and keep an eye on my tips of the leaves.

Dudethatsweet

Dudethatsweet

Plants reach for light when they want more, they shy away if its too much. This is too long with too little light. Don't build up soil around the stem unless you want a sick plant. You will need a support stick in each of the pots if you want to keep them vertical for much longer.
What kind of light, HPS? Wattage? Distance from plant tops?
Adding applicable information can get you better advise.

Green side up^
DtS

M

MrC.A

The light is lumii black hps bulb 600. It’s 15 inches from it now, before it was more than 20 inches.

*extra info*
This has been my first week feeding nutrients, I have all the nutrients from the advanced nutrients master grow plan.

FFBB06FD 23F5 4971 8472 988284C3C3E4
N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Wow a 600w HPS for sprouts at that distance and they still stretch.
This is way too much light.
Seedling is 200ppfd Veg 4-600ppfd flower 800-1100 ppfd.
A MH bulb would be more fitting btw. Blue light promotes root growth, but HPS has only very little blue

M

MrC.A

600 watts is the max power, I have been using it at 250 watts

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

To answer you're question directly, praying hands or one type is an over, under watering issue or nutes. Which I believe is the one you were referring to. Another type, which is like a Y and in my opinion too much light. If you read about it guys like that Y and consider it healthy. Their theory is the plant is funneling light below where it's not reaching. I'm of the opinion it's receiving too much light and is doing that too protect itself. Either way neither theory has been proven least too my knowledge.

KushNAshn

KushNAshn

To answer you're question directly, praying hands or one type is an over, under watering issue or nutes. Which I believe is the one you were referring to. Another type, which is like a Y and in my opinion too much light. If you read about it guys like that Y and consider it healthy. Their theory is the plant is funneling light below where it's not reaching. I'm of the opinion it's receiving too much light and is doing that too protect itself. Either way neither theory has been proven least too my knowledge.
You want them to pray 🙏. It's a sign of happiness aka worship. They are praying saying thank you!! You'll notice one of the first things you'll run into when you have a pest issue or an irrigation issue you'll see them drooping as one of the first signs of unhappiness.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Nah , they are reaching for more light , mag toxicity will also make your leaves stand up

Moshmen

Moshmen

You want them to pray 🙏. It's a sign of happiness aka worship. They are praying saying thank you!! You'll notice one of the first things you'll run into when you have a pest issue or an irrigation issue you'll see them drooping as one of the first signs of unhappiness.
I disagree with statement as well you want those leaves flat and perky not praying - praying leaves there is usually a issue however small

KushNAshn

KushNAshn

I disagree with statement as well you want those leaves flat and perky not praying - praying leaves there is usually a issue however small
😁🤷‍♂️

I go by the basis of proof in the pudding and observe innovators and persons who touch thousands of plants and can afford to experiment and experience. If you guys haven't noticed professional cultivation facilities all have praying leaves. If you actually pay close attention some of these guys are getting 8foot plants with a 18 day veg time. Plants are healthy as hell and try the product you be the judge.

KushNAshn

KushNAshn

I guess it also depends on perspective. As long as they are ever so slightly above flat and pointing upwards with their own strength and not down then correct they are healthy.

2Bad

2Bad

Plants reach for light when they want more, they shy away if its too much. This is too long with too little light. Don't build up soil around the stem unless you want a sick plant. You will need a support stick in each of the pots if you want to keep them vertical for much longer.
What kind of light, HPS? Wattage? Distance from plant tops?
Adding applicable information can get you better advise.

Green side up^
DtS
Why would more soil make the plant sick?

Latest posts

Top Bottom