What Exhaust fan do you use?

• Thread starter Growgrowing33
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Growgrowing33

Growgrowing33

What exhaust fan do you recommend for 5x5 grow tent? I see the cloudline fans are popular, but I’m not sure which one would be best for my size. What exhaust fans do you use?

NairnM16

NairnM16

What exhaust fan do you recommend for 5x5 grow tent? I see the cloudline fans are popular, but I’m not sure which one would be best for my size. What exhaust fans do you use?
Work out the m3 of your grow tent or space and get a fan that can move 2x the amount of air, negative pressure is always better

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

I have a 5x5 and I run a pair of 300 watt lights.
I also run a carbon filter , so I would suggest an 8 that way you don’t have to run it too fast to keep up.
I started with a 6 and sure it would work but have added a 4 and run them in together and I think it much better now.

Madmax

Madmax

Yeah im running an phresh hyper fan in 5x5 .its over kill but the reason i bought it is because i can run it on low for more stealth .and if it gets too hot i just turn it up .i gotta b carefull as it near sucks me up through the carbon filter 😃its around 720 cfm and is up there in power consumption savings for its size..comes with controller..

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Like this on the roof and 6 coming in the bottom to balance the pressure.
This is nice although there are cheaper ways to do the intake filter since you don’t need to worry about the smell. Filter box with a MERV 13 filter is sufficient imo
Throw an 8x8 filter in and slap a grill on it and put it out side the tent. Technically you don’t even need a grill you could just put wire across the front or something. Just a thought

Last edited:
Smokey0418

Smokey0418

No not worried about smell, but i am worried about heat .
In the summertime using one in and out I could barely keep up with the heat.
Well off coarse if you wanted to run wide open all the time .
It would cycle every 10 minutes at 85 to clear the heat .
I don’t think a passive hole would work in my case.
airconditioned the garage to 68.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Nah you still hook them up to an intake fan just an alternative cheaper filter. They make dif sizes.

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

I like those, maybe I could put one on my intake to minimize dust particles coming in while the zippers closed.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I use bathroom exhaust fans and I box them so one side sucks and the other blows. I can get them for around $5. at second hand stores. I've had a couple running now for 2 years 24/7 and they work great. If they're good enough to remove the stink & moisture from a bathroom they're good enough for my plants.

Top Bottom