What features would you want to see in a hydroponic web grow app?

• Thread starter makesmarterthings
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

makesmarterthings

Hi everyone. For the past 2 months I have been building an automated system NFT system for growing baby greens and microgreens (not in a state where I can grow cannabis). The system takes sensor data (air temp, humidity, pH, EC, nutrient reservoir temp and water level), sends it over the web to a web server hosted on Raspberry Pi and turns on and off pumps. The web server can also display the sensor data to a webpage.

After doing all this, I have been thinking of building a web app for hydroponics. I want to make it something that cannabis growers could also use.

My question is what features would you like to see in the app?

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
A whole bunch of security so people don't get ripped

TaimerPots

TaimerPots

There has been control systems available since the early 90's. The problem is the cost. Most growers don't have a big budget, I have invested over $1,500 and still have what I consider to be just the basics.
If you can come up with something $150 or less and the user can control everything from an app on his/her phone you might have something.
Make it functional, easy to use and a durable control

DO IT

DO IT

There has been control systems available since the early 90's. The problem is the cost. Most growers don't have a big budget, I have invested over $1,500 and still have what I consider to be just the basics.
If you can come up with something $150 or less and the user can control everything from an app on his/her phone you might have something.

I think this is the ticket right here. Would it be possible for you to make an app that would be compatible with smart plugs, sensors and cameras?

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I don’t think you can put cheap and functional,easy to use and durable control in the same sentence.
There’s no way I’m counting on an app to take care of my grow.

Galvatron

Galvatron

How about an app that is local PC based? No cloud or internet needed. Phones are convenient but nobody (especially a cloud based app or database) needs to know my IP address!

Latest posts

Top Bottom