What happened to these so called buds?

• Thread starter Sashasrs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sashasrs

Hello. This was my first grows, and what happened to these buds? There are none. I had it outside in 5 gallon pot for a month. It did terrific unti I brought it in. It was in a 3x3x76 tent. 1000 light, and was in bloom sir 10 weeks. It was a bag seed, was just wondering if I was actually able to grow. I guess it didn’t happen. I use SNOOPS premium nutes, one time I had to open tent when in darkness, and after that the plant looked possessed. It’s been drying for 7 days.the branches don’t snap, but the very itsy bitsy ridiculous buds turn into powder when touched. What do I do with this? Can I use it to bake? There was no stickiness on the plant! Please help me figure out what happened?

What happened to these so called buds
What happened to these so called buds 2
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

as ole shaggy use to always say,its a mystery scooby do,were you drying for harvest ?did it just up and die?did you let it dry in a cool and little to nothing humidity,from the looks of it the stem should just snap,powder from the bud is saying i dried way to fast

S

Sashasrs

as ole shaggy use to always say,its a mystery scooby do,were you drying for harvest ?did it just up and die?did you let it dry in a cool and little to nothing humidity,from the looks of it the stem should just snap,powder from the bud is saying i dried way to fast
hi. The buds were really strange looking from the beginning. I took her down for harvest. The buds have only been hanging for 5 days . Some small stems snapped where as main stem did not. They shrank to nothing. Should I use it for baking? The plant was thriving. Temp for drying was at 70 . This was the plant

A5A27C41 C3ED 4FB2 BBC4 742860E4A988
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

at this point i would just make hash from it,you could put in fridge and it might help dont know for sure ,but the buds disolving id just make hash then compost it,sorry for bad news maybe someone that has done this can chime in and help you out,i think @Jimster uses a fridge for drying,but as @MIMedGrower stated to any nutes if you can smoke it gonna be harsh and taste like hay

chemistry

chemistry

hi. The buds were really strange looking from the beginning. I took her down for harvest. The buds have only been hanging for 5 days . Some small stems snapped where as main stem did not. They shrank to nothing. Should I use it for baking? The plant was thriving. Temp for drying was at 70 . This was the plant

You can see tip burn in these pics.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I see a few issues looking at the first picture. To me, it looks like it has been slightly overfed, but not to the point that it killed your plant. The buds look like they didn't get enough light, even though you mentioned a 1000w light. Is that a 1000w LED light or an actual 1000w HPS or MH? I know you said that it was flowering for 10 weeks, which should make for a much larger bud. The plant doesn't look too burned, so I think it is mostly just low on light. When given plenty of light, the buds typically are much denser and larger in size. The dried leaves make it look worse than it is, but your buds just don't look like they are getting enough direct intense light. Do you have any type of photo meters or nutrient meters? A 5 gallon bucket and a 1000 watt light should provide you with large buds. 3 months total isn't too much, but the buds should be much denser after 2 months of flowering.
I think that you have done decent for a first grow, but you need a few upgrades. I think you are a little heavy on nutrients, although smaller plants use a lot less nutes. What type of lights are you using... I think that is where the answer lies.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Should jar once small stems snap and at 5 days they dried to fast. I think @Jimster is onto the cause of the smaller buds. Looks like you have an led running only the red spectrum so not full intensity and add to that it's an Amazon special it's likely only 280-300w with both switches on and can prob cut that in half when running only red makes for very little light intensity

S

Sashasrs

Wow! Thank you. I screwed up. I just bought white widow seeds. I’ll try again. Yes the light is LED. Should I not use the bloom switch during bloom? The light has a switch for veg and bloom. And how far should the light be from the plant?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Wow! Thank you. I screwed up. I just bought white widow seeds. I’ll try again. Yes the light is LED. Should I not use the bloom switch during bloom? The light has a switch for veg and bloom. And how far should the light be from the plant?

Use both switches on in flower, maybe only the veg for early veg but I would run both the majority of the time.

This is not ideal but for a new grower it the cheapest way to get ya close to where ya want to be. (i need to copy paste this to a dam clipboard already lol.)

Download "Light meter" by "my mobile tools dev" (only works on android)

This is what i do others often make increases much faster.

seedlings/clones 5000-10,000 lumens (first 2 weeks of growth) 5000 first week and 10,000 second week.

Veg week 1 15,000 lumens then increase 5000-7500 lumen each week.

Flower 40,000+ lumens

With Co2 i am able to run as high as 80,000 lumens but i would say 60,000-80,000 will give you the maximum quality and yields but you also run the risk of burning plants so leaf temps need to be monitored. Anything over 40,000 will produce great results.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The LED lights don't have any standards, so the actual amount of light they produce has nothing to do with the rated wattages... it's more of a gimmick to sell LED light because 1000w sounds a lot better than 250w! There isn't a need to buy the best or most expensive LED lights available, but do a little research and you can find good deals for decent money. I use HID lighting, but I think that LEDs are getting pretty close.
When using your LEDs, hit them with whatever the light will produce on the maximum setting. During flowering, the addition of reds is desired but they also benefit from blue light as well. During Vegging growth, more blue is preferred than red, but as long as you have both present, you should be OK... just use more of them!

S

Sashasrs

Use both switches on in flower, maybe only the veg for early veg but I would run both the majority of the time.

This is not ideal but for a new grower it the cheapest way to get ya close to where ya want to be. (i need to copy paste this to a dam clipboard already lol.)

Download "Light meter" by "my mobile tools dev" (only works on android)

This is what i do others often make increases much faster.

seedlings/clones 5000-10,000 lumens (first 2 weeks of growth) 5000 first week and 10,000 second week.

Veg week 1 15,000 lumens then increase 5000-7500 lumen each week.

Flower 40,000+ lumens

With Co2 i am able to run as high as 80,000 lumens but i would say 60,000-80,000 will give you the maximum quality and yields but you also run the risk of burning plants so leaf temps need to be monitored. Anything over 40,000 will produce great results.
May I ask you a question what are lumens?

Top Bottom