What happens if I top this plant now?

• Thread starter beebud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
beebud

beebud

I have been lsting this plant and have thought about topping it. Would it react as if this is the first time its been shocked like this, or will it barely be hindered. Would I have to top all the nodes for it to work properly?

What happens if i top this plant now
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

What's the goal here in topping? It's been topped before, right?

I think you should start getting more growing points stimulated to branch, the way it's going now.

beebud

beebud

What's the goal here in topping? It's been topped before, right?

I think you should start getting more growing points stimulated to branch, the way it's going now.
Nope never topped it. Just been bending it. Dont know how to google this, but its a plant that is mature and has had apical dom broken. I was considering topping it to get more lower nodes juiced up. Mite just let it be and super crop it as it gets bigger

Madmax

Madmax

i do sorta similar outdoors and keep staking those main branches down and all those smaller branches on inside will catch up but its pretty hard to do indoors unless you put a net above them ..it will turn into abit of a jungle ..

Last edited:
elduderito

elduderito

I would top the 4 big branches on the left/bottom in your photo .. they are far bigger than your other branches and that should help even them out

Madmax

Madmax

O ok I think I got my answer. Im gonna get my rockwool cubes ready and try and clone the tops. I doubt itll get that big in my tent but yes, thank you. Same deal too, pretty much 6 main branches right now
I dont think i explained it properly bro....at beginning the plant grew 3sets of nodes 6 branches and i bent it over and tippped the top main apical and didnt touch it again just training branches horizontal for like 3 months then let it all come up...thats what i meant brother 😃
But i have done what your suggesting and the plant grew fricken huge but it was a real mess and never done that again .

Ponky

Ponky

Plants get eaten by animals. They don't suffer harm by being topped with scissors. They just respond by making more growth.

beebud

beebud

I dont think i explained it properly bro....at beginning the plant grew 3sets of nodes 6 branches and i bent it over and tippped the top main apical and didnt touch it again just training branches horizontal for like 3 months then let it all come up...thats what i meant brother 😃
But i have done what your suggesting and the plant grew fricken huge but it was a real mess and never done that again .
Gotcha, it just seems the best way to get this flower and lessen my larf. I honestly wanna let them just grow tall fat colas, but it doesnt fit in with what Im doing this grow.

beebud

beebud

Plants get eaten by animals. They don't suffer harm by being topped with scissors. They just respond by making more growth.
Thats true but I found out topping just splits the size of the cola and you dont gain more weed. But I do want a more even canopy so I might have to top this one.

beebud

beebud

There's no harm in experimenting with topping, but what you have going looks pretty good, as is.
Well thank you, its my most squat plant, but it has had the least problems by far. It even had a container buddy before I uppotted it.

IMG 20210819 050911 HDR
Ponky

Ponky

Thats true but I found out topping just splits the size of the cola and you dont gain more weed. But I do want a more even canopy so I might have to top this one.
Topping has never reduced my yield.

beebud

beebud

Topping has never reduced my yield.
I didnt say it reduced yield, I said it doesnt give you more weed. If you let a cola grow and never top it you get the same amount as a topped plant just not split into two smaller nugs. You can break apical dominance with just lst and get a plant to grow wide. I was referring to just the single colas themselves. But ya idk nor care were both right

Top Bottom