What help do help my girls need?

• Thread starter jpcville
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jpcville

jpcville

So I have been away from home for the last two weeks for the most part. My wife has kept an eye on our indoor "micro grow" - 2 x 2 x 4 tent with two plants. Leaves are yellowing and there are some spots on a few. See photos. Trying to figure out what the issue(s) is. Here's the run down:

1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Seeds - autos
2. How old are your plants? 7.5 weeks
3. How tall are your plants? 9 to 11 inches
4. What size containers are they planted in? # 3 grow pot
5. What is your soil mix? Fox Farm Happy Frog Potting Soil – no additives
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? Ph'd bottled spring water
7. What is the pH of your water? High – using pH down
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? FoxFarm Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formula: Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom. I treated the plants with Grow Big (6-4-4) maybe two times; since they started flowering, I have treated it twice with Tiger Bloom (2-8-4).

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? Not yet
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") Vivosun 300W LED
11. How close are your lights to the plants? were about 12 to 14". I moved the light up today to 18 to 20" above.
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 4
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? High 75 to 78 degrees, 48 to 52 RH
14. What is the pH of the soil? Not sure
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? Saw a small fly or gnat last week. Some of the leaves do have holes in them
16. How much experience do you have growing? 3.5 months. Historically, I have a brown thumb when it comes to house plants and gardening.

Additional - These seeds started out very stunted. I think I was overwatering them until I started reading posts on this forum. Once I figured out that I wasn't watering the correctly, they started doing much better.

Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

JP
Indoor grow1jpg
Inddor grow2jpg
Inddor grow 6jpg
Inddor grow 5jpg
Inddor grow 4jpg
Indoor grow 4jpg
Inddor grow 3jpg

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
no idea, i mostly see the environment type things.

but...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE that you answered all those questions!!!!!! i will help by bumping this till someone helps. maybe @Aqua Man or @GNick55 or @growsince79 or ... any of the people in the know

using that was the key to my heart!!! thank you!!!!!

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You are in flower. Did you cut your nute feed by the percentage of light the plants are not getting anymore? 18/6 vs 12/12
Or did you just stay with 18/6?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Only fed them twice once flower started and last time was two weeks ago. Should I flush them?

thanks
Tough call. That tiger bloom is always causing issues so maybe worth it but maybe not. With 2 uses of it Probably ok but you may want to anyways to be sure.

Need to let them dry out a bit more and maybe worth poking some holes in the soil from top to bottom with a coat hanger or skewer.

If/when you feed next only use 1/4-1/2 the recommended doses max.

Are you using cal mag?

Check the ppm of the spring water if it's high in minerals and can affect the PH of your soil over time.

A few threads you may find helpful.

jpcville

jpcville

Tough call. That tiger bloom is always causing issues so maybe worth it but maybe not. With 2 uses of it Probably ok but you may want to anyways to be sure.

Need to let them dry out a bit more and maybe worth poking some holes in the soil from top to bottom with a coat hanger or skewer.

If/when you feed next only use 1/4-1/2 the recommended doses max.

Are you using cal mag?

Check the ppm of the spring water if it's high in minerals and can affect the PH of your soil over time.

A few threads you may find helpful.

I don’t really understand the whole cal-mag deal but will read up on it. Thanks did the suggestions and links.

jpcville

jpcville

BTW, I started with three plants for the grow. Three different strains. One wasn’t flowering so I put it outside to give more room for these two. The one outside is doing great and is flowering now. I haven’t given it any nutrients since it started flowering. I’m just going to it run it’s course as is.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

I don’t really understand the whole cal-mag deal but will read up on it. Thanks did the suggestions and links.
Maybe someone can correct me here if I'm too far off base. In my understanding it's about mineral content in the water. Some water sources are rich in minerals, some have very little. Distilled water has zero. Your plants need minerals. If your water doesn't have a good mineral content, you should add a supplement like CalMag to get plant all it needs. You can start to get some idea of your waters mineral content with an EC/TDS meter.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok all information above is good and correct..
in that soil you shouldn’t of used a chemical ph up/down.
no need to ph in soil or a soilless pro mix..
in your post do you see pest you said maybe a gnat? well you need to be for sure as their larvee will eat away at your roots.,
second now i’m unsure but you should know, as in flowering the plants will use up more water, have you been watering enough, maybe your letting it dry out too much the last couple weeks?
but first you need to know if you have gnats!!
so go sit and stare at the top soil looking for gnats..

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

I would check for possibly mites. I see signs like the glossy look to leaves and curling. Also if it’s by the fan by chance could be wind related. Also I would check where that leave is dying for mold.

Neezyweezy

Neezyweezy

ok all information above is good and correct..
in that soil you shouldn’t of used a chemical ph up/down.
no need to ph in soil or a soilless pro mix..
in your post do you see pest you said maybe a gnat? well you need to be for sure as their larvee will eat away at your roots.,
second now i’m unsure but you should know, as in flowering the plants will use up more water, have you been watering enough, maybe your letting it dry out too much the last couple weeks?
but first you need to know if you have gnats!!
so go sit and stare at the top soil looking for gnats..
Hey Gnick. So ph ing for pro mix is not needed? I was told to ph to 5.8 and been doing that . May actually be bad ?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Hey Gnick. So ph ing for pro mix is not needed? I was told to ph to 5.8 and been doing that . May actually be bad ?
yes you don’t need to ph with soilless that contains dolomitic limestone which buffers for the whole grow as long as you don’t over feed, water with lots of run off etc..
don’t use synthetic nutrients, if you do than you will have to ph.
sure it’s ok to keep testing the ph and if needs adjusting than don’t use a chemical solution if your feeding with an organic nutrients only use if feeding with synthetic nutrients..
i’ve never ph anything, don’t have a clue about my tap water.
i try to keep things as simple and easy as i can but while getting great results.

Latest posts

Top Bottom