What helps makes a special strain.

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
we have all gone deeper into this discussion. I didnt get the feeling there was a fight.

Yea, I apologize if I came off in any inappropriate way. That wasn't my intention, and I guess sometimes I don't choose my words carefully enough. If I offended anyone, (especially dirtbag) I offer my sincere apology if anyone was offended.

Everyone is entitled to opinions, and I have to say I really do value dirtbags opinions, and highly respect his growing prowess.

linde

linde

grower and environment will only effect the plant as much as it's genetics will allow it to. shit genetics will always be shit genetics. end of story.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
grower and environment will only effect the plant as much as it's genetics will allow it to. shit genetics will always be shit genetics. end of story.
You could easily reword that like this:

genetics will only effect the plant as much as it's grower and environment will allow it to. shit environment will always be shit environment. end of story.

linde

linde

genetics will only effect the plant as much as it's grower and environment will allow it to. shit environment will always be shit environment. end of story.
I tell you what, I've got some seeds I'll send you and you can do your magic to them. deal?? all I ask is that you don't send me any of the finished product in return.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I tell you what, I've got some seeds I'll send you and you can do your magic to them. deal?? all I ask is that you don't send me any of the finished product in return.
🤣 What are they?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I'll send you my 10w blurple in return and you can use your magic strains and see what you get.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I've got tons of stuff that I wont grow. average quality stuff. lemon skunk, grapefruit, the purps, sour diesel, mazar Afghan, fucking incredible, burmese....and a bunch more. I'll send you all you want.
Oh, you were serious?

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I've got everything I need and don't need any new seeds.. thanks anyway. I'm serious though PM me I'll set you up.

Sure, I'll bite. If your serious you can send them too me.

funkychicken

funkychicken

If you were getting different results using CLONES of the same strain from the same mom, that would be one thing. But getting different results from seeds of the same strain is to be expected.
I’m getting different results from clones from the same mom. I just switched my lights and tent this time around, all other factors are the same, but 1/3 clones was showing differences, today I noticed it had started to turn purple, which is a characteristic I had not previously witnessed in other runs. Identical plant, identical nutrients, identical soil, watering, lighting etc... differing presentation. They won’t be finished till around the new year, so it’s possible the others will purple up as well... but the bud coloration has been different on this plant the entire run, and I’ve run this cut for

funkychicken

funkychicken

I’m getting different results from clones from the same mom. I just switched my lights and tent this time around, all other factors are the same, but 1/3 clones was showing differences, today I noticed it had started to turn purple, which is a characteristic I had not previously witnessed in other runs. Identical plant, identical nutrients, identical soil, watering, lighting etc... differing presentation. They won’t be finished till around the new year, so it’s possible the others will purple up as well... but the bud coloration has been different on this plant the entire run, and I’ve run this cut for a while now.

E48831F2 04C0 4BC6 AA11 E54517A0B2CE
CBA40385 6AC7 4252 B025 60F6F2454B4B
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I’m getting different results from clones from the same mom. I just switched my lights and tent this time around, all other factors are the same, but 1/3 clones was showing differences, today I noticed it had started to turn purple, which is a characteristic I had not previously witnessed in other runs. Identical plant, identical nutrients, identical soil, watering, lighting etc... differing presentation. They won’t be finished till around the new year, so it’s possible the others will purple up as well... but the bud coloration has been different on this plant the entire run, and I’ve run this cut for

Yea, I notice this is a trait sometimes that only comes out of certain strains when it's allowed to fully mature and fully flower. It also a temperature related phenomenon, whereas only certain molecules are being synthesized when certain temps, lighting, nutrients among other conditions all align themselves and allow these chemicals to be created in significant amounts, making major change to the end product profiles.

Much of this is occurring only in the last few weeks of flower, so it either happens, or it simply doesn't. Some plants will harvest with a more robust and complex chemical profile, others will be the same.

Adding in things like UV in the A/B range enhance these results also, I suspect. At least it appears in the short time I've been running them. Having strains under MH, or HPS or different spectrum LED's or Sunlight is going to produce different results also, there's much to be learned about various environmental conditions, and if you've got an excellent cultivar, its worthwhile to run things a few times to try and dial in those parameters.

Unless you've got really strict environmental controls, I think planning your grows of different strains, under different conditions, (aka seasons) is a pretty smart strategy. Some plants tolerate heat and stress, others can tolerate cold and/or wet conditions, but still thrive. IMO, Some plants are simply going to produce a superior product in the winter months, during cool/dry periods, that are otherwise impossible during the hottest summer months.

Last edited:
Truebluefin

Truebluefin

Bodhi gave an interview a few years ago stating that he would like to get his dragons blood trait through all his lines as a genetic marker. Now that would be special.

So I would say in no particular order

Breeder
Genetics
Environment
Grower

growsince79

growsince79

That statement is just so wrong I had to respond. I just harvested a volunteer outside that grew in the worst possible environment you can imagine. 110 in the shade and 18% humidity some days, and 45f @ 80% in the same week. No food. No insecticides. No covering in the rain. The plant just grew all by itself. The buds are awesome.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
That statement is just so wrong I had to respond. I just harvested a volunteer outside that grew in the worst possible environment you can imagine. 110 in the shade and 18% humidity some days, and 45f @ 80% in the same week. No food. No insecticides. No covering in the rain. The plant just grew all by itself. The buds are awesome.
I stand corrected.

Top Bottom