• Tagged users None
T

tonexbone

1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Clone
2. How old are your plants? 3-4 weeks
3. How tall are your plants? 8-14 inches
4. What size containers are they planted in? 6 inch rockwool
5. What is your soil mix? N/A
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? twice a day, filtered tap
7. What is the pH of your water? havent been able to get a valid reading.
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? N/A
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? just water
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? t5 HO 4 bulb 4Ft light, on cycle at 16 on 8 off
11. How close are your lights to the plants? 10 inches
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? closet, 4ft x 2ft
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? no thermometer (cool room in so-cal). Humidity? Do not know.
14. What is the pH of the soil? growing in rockwool. can I pH test the blocks?
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? only the larva i found yesterday
16. How much experience do you have growing? this is my second grow :)
17. What strain? Master Bubba Kush

And i am using a mixture of roots organic "buddah grow", and grotek's monster grow.

So i had some algae growth along the top of the rockwool so i decided to scrape it off when i found em.. the clear little larva devils. and now, less than 12 hours within finding the things my plants have deteriorated rapidly.
i attatched pictures so u guys coud see whats up!!

thank you!!! any other info i can provide!

What i believe to be root aphids
What i believe to be root aphids 2
What i believe to be root aphids 3
What i believe to be root aphids 4
What i believe to be root aphids 5
What i believe to be root aphids 6
What i believe to be root aphids 7
What i believe to be root aphids 8
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ohhhh..... man... I think you're right. Hopefully lil miss or cemschris or someone else who's had this same experience will chime in, but I think it's them.

We need a new code name for these things, they are quite literally worse than the Borg, and the Borg are supposed to be the worst there is.

Plant-sassins.

T

tonexbone

ughhh yea im pretty sure its them :( literally the black plauge for plants. So at this point
i am slightly confused on how to treat them. ive done so much research i cant decide on what to do. any ideas where to start?

Thank you all so much for the help

and i agree! there needs to be a new code name for these things!! they are aweful :/

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I would do a triazicide root drench, as I described in the other thread. It's not systemic to the plant in the same way the imidacloprid (sp?) is for a full 60 days, it allows a harvest window similar to liquid Sevin (but Sevin is not directed for root drenching at all) and can be used on food crops. It's what delivered the fatal blow, I still see no flying things in my growing area.

T

tonexbone

idk if this will come out, but i took a picture of the larva so anyone whos had these could see

ty

IMAG0333
T

tonexbone

Seamaiden thank you for all your help!! im gonna try the triazicide drench today and see what happens! any insight on preventative measures i could take next time/after drench?

ty

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Monitor and be ready to make war. You might want to check out the Grower's Biggest Headaches thread in the Planning Stages section.

T

tonexbone

yea definitely will do that thank you. any specific products i should research for prevention?

ty :)

T

tonexbone

could i use imidacloprid as a preventative measure to make sure they dont get RA?

T

tonexbone

SM could you point me in the direction of that thread for the root drench? :) thank you!!!

L

lil miss lone

Yes bro that is definately root aphids. I did a thread on them, check it if you like, but I ended up chopping everything cause the aphids gave my plants a virus.

What are you using as far as chems?? Surely your not trying to rid them organically?

T

tonexbone

i am going to do a triazicide root drench and see what happens from there... :/

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
there so small yet i honestly would scrap them and start over you will be way ahead of the game. unless there is soemthing there u really have to save i wouldnt bother. get rid of them clean everything real good and start fresh stuff that you dont have to worry about if u got rid of them or not.

L

lil miss lone

I didn't want to say it earlier, but I should have. I agree with Kid. I was in the exact spot you are in, 5 months ago. I battled them for that long, after realizing that I may have had them for a very long time. I wasted nutes, electricity, money all for nothing. Not to speak of the heartache and headache of having to deal with those things. I did eventually chop, and although I lost alot of stuff, I'm glad I did it.

T

tonexbone

Damn, yea i drenched the cubes in a Triazicide solution and am gonna do it once more tonight and see what happens. i think after im gonna transplant them outside, clean the room out and start over. :( this is my first time growing in rockwool, so im experimenting. How do i (or can i) take the clones out of the bigger rockwool cubes? any feedback is much appreciated, thank you all who have responded.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've never worked with rockwool outside of using it for aquarium plants, I cannot answer your questions on that.
yea definitely will do that thank you. any specific products i should research for prevention?

ty :)

could i use imidacloprid as a preventative measure to make sure they dont get RA?

SM could you point me in the direction of that thread for the root drench? :) thank you!!!
Sorry my friend, I'm an early morning visitor, got busy and never checked back til now. I honestly could not tell you what you should use to prevent root aphids (plant-sassins). The Triazicide is a product I got at Lowe's, everything is in the basement growing area and all I remember is that it comes in a black plastic bottle. I believe you *could* possibly use the imidacloprid as a prophylactic, but I don't fully understand the mechanisms, and so don't know if it's possible to create super-plantsassins via resistance. For me it's going to be treating on an as-needed basis, I'll be reintroducing No Pest Strips to the VEG-TABLE, definitely not to the flowering room (those things are dangerous, gotta be very careful), though.

Follow the bottle directions for the Triazicide for soil drench, damn if I can remember what the application rate was for that.

T

tonexbone

thank you SM!! i did a root drench on the ladies yesterday and im gonna do one more tomorow but yea i got that triazicide stuff at home depot the same stuff as lil miss used in her battle but im thinking im just gonna transplant em to the backyard or something and start fresh. im just not sure of the origins of root aphids so i dont know how to prevent em :/

C

crippled1

It took me awhile to learn the difference between fungus gnats and root aphids.
The difference is the babies.
Fungus gnat babies look like little worms as seen in your last pic.
Root aphid babies look like little root aphids.

Root aphids do not have a stage where they look like worms.

Top Bottom