What I want as a consumer.

• Thread starter Ace9137
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Which bulb were you using? Philips or a different brand? 3100 or 4200k?

I think i listed above. Its a phillips 3100k with a galaxy ballast and remote reflector.

The 600’s are hortilux super hps in a blockbuster reflector with galaxy grow amp ballasts.

I do believe the all in one sun system unit may put down a little more light with the special reflector and phillips ballast.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

CERAMIC HIGH PRESSURE SODIUM !?!?!??!!
Wtf is this now?

!

View attachment 886982View attachment 886981

I might try these but they call for higher placement and i have low ceilings.

Would love the more natural light like cmh has.

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
CERAMIC HIGH PRESSURE SODIUM !?!?!??!!
Wtf is this now?

!

View attachment 886982View attachment 886981

I've owned and used this light for two grows then sold it.
Great light but it was a sumbitch in regards to radiant heat output. Might need a minimum of 10' ceilings with 12' being preferred or plants will need to be LST'd.
It needs at least 30" between light and canopy. Grows some really good weed but that heat needs good management in a room with AC and good heat exhaust.

Here's a pic of my first test plant under the SE600. It was a strain from Cult Classic grown in soil with no added nutes ever. Just kept it watered.
To me I really did'nt see much advantage over a common 600 watt HPS. I like my LED better than it by a lot and if given a choice would go with 630 watts of CMH over the 600 watt CHPS

Chps test pic

Chps test pic2

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I've owned and used this light for two grows then sold it.
Great light but it was a sumbitch in regards to radiant heat output. Might need a minimum of 10' ceilings with 12' being preferred or plants will need to be LST'd.
It needs at least 30" between light and canopy. Grows some really good weed but that heat needs good management in a room with AC and good heat exhaust.

Here's a pic of my first test plant under the SE600. It was a strain from Cult Classic grown in soil with no added nutes ever. Just kept it watered.
To me I really did'nt see much advantage over a common 600 watt HPS. I like my LED better than it by a lot and if given a choice would go with 630 watts of CMH over the 600 watt CHPS

View attachment 887001

View attachment 887002

There was a side by side on riu and we couldnt tell the difference either.

Think it would be managable at 18” like a 600 hps in a glass enclosed air cooled hood.

I use ac in summer as needed. When it gets above 80 outside i need it here.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Awsome job man. Glad someone tried it out with a good review. I wonder if you could glass cool those.

I think dont quote me I read you cant air cool CMH because it changes their spectral output or something.

They said it reduces the output but then they came out with air cooled 630’s. Lol

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
Awsome job man. Glad someone tried it out with a good review. I wonder if you could glass cool those.

I think dont quote me I read you cant air cool CMH because it changes their spectral output or something.

Something like that yes lol. I was told when CMH or LEC first came out it should'nt be aircooled then read more about that and turns out all HID should be able to run as hot as possible for best light output. Got very confused when all the aircooled CMH started flooding the market 🙃
I remember many years ago cool tubes were thought to block certain spectrum and lights did'nt put out as much light in them as other reflectors. Did some tests and never found it to block any light, just cooled the light too good and that's what lowered it's output.

Here's a good comparison in my room from one grow to the next with an idea of less is more, teamwork makes the dream work, and some lights just work better in some spaces than others for reasons only ganja gods may be able to explain

This is the SE600 teamed up with my LEDs

Stardawgs

Same space and roughly same age of plants from the same breeder, only the SE600 is out and a 315CMH is in it's place

IMG 0915

I cant explain it and dont know why a 315 works better than a 600 for me.
Reminds me of a quote from Joe Dirt's dad...How does positrack work on the read end of a Plymouth? Nobody knows. It just does :cool:

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Something like that yes lol. I was told when CMH or LEC first came out it should'nt be aircooled then read more about that and turns out all HID should be able to run as hot as possible for best light output. Got very confused when all the aircooled CMH started flooding the market 🙃
I remember many years ago cool tubes were thought to block certain spectrum and lights did'nt put out as much light in them as other reflectors. Did some tests and never found it to block any light, just cooled the light too good and that's what lowered it's output.

Here's a good comparison in my room from one grow to the next with an idea of less is more, teamwork makes the dream work, and some lights just work better in some space than others for reasons only ganja gods may be able to explain

View attachment 887013

Same space and roughly same age of plants from the same breeder, only the SE600 is out and a 315CMH is in it's place

View attachment 887014

Reminds me of a quote from Joe Dirt's dad...How does positrack work on the read end of a Plymouth? Nobody knows. It just does :cool:

Plants look great!

Ace9137

Ace9137

Here's a good comparison in my room from one grow to the next with an idea of less is more, teamwork makes the dream work, and some lights just work better in some spaces than others for reasons only ganja gods may be able to explain

View attachment 887013

View attachment 887014

Beautiful grow, I see the tight nodes with very little spacing, 3 or 4 weeks in?

Ace9137

Ace9137

-In canada were aloud 4 plants. No more than a meter tall roughly (Scrog anyone )
- some provinces only let u grow outdoor, some indoor, some both
-can only buy your seeds from designated dispensaries.
-cant drive high
-have to soak your weed before disposing of it
-can only keep so much of your harvest
-theres literally a rule book that's a ten year old could follow on Canada's rules

Most people who want to grow dont spend 13 grand in credit cards getting shit up and running that dudes an idiot

Most new growers get a little tent and a little light recomended by a hydro store.
Or amazon

You can get a tent, exhaust fan, and a light for under 1000 bucks and pay 100 extra for an electric bill..or u can spend 4500 up front.

I personally spent 4500 up front total coat of everything. . Reverse osmosis systems, dehumidifiers, environmental controllers, organic soil, blah blah blha..buuing lights and trying them and the getting rid of them and trying others..
You can go as big or small as you want. I dont know why he makes it sound like you have to do space math first.

That dude that wrote that article sounds like one of those social media fags coming up with a worst case scenario for everything

I have my tent exhausting outside my window. I live in suburbia. I own my house. Well with the bank. My exhaust is loud but just sounds like AC.
I dont use carbon filters. Cuz it's legal. I dont care if I smell my block up with white widow

If any scrubs wanna raid my house and threaten my families safety their welcome to catch a face full of buckshot. Me or my wife would oblige. All my firearms are legal of course.
I can talk freely about what i got and what I do cuz nothing I do is illegal. Sounds like a win win to me

And it's one fuck of a hobby. I literally check on my plants every hour when I'm home. I'm addicted to looking at them.

I think I'm more addicted.to growing dope than I am to smoking it to be honest
Different countries and in the states, different states. Cracked is also a joke mag as well. I am sure they were exaggerating everything to some degree. I actually check my plants hourly, I know there is no change, I just know I worked for that, and the plants themselves are just interesting, plus checking them as much as I do, I know if there is anything wrong I will find it and fix it, otherwise, it is no different when I go to a park or on a hike or a ride, I enjoy the nature. if cannabis was de-scheduled here in the US most of the law enforcement would be able to focus on the more dangerous stuff out there.

Ace9137

Ace9137

I hear that dude..its a joke that guys are serving lifetime sentences for weed in the states and someone pedophile who fucks an 6 year old gets back out on the streets in 5 years
Well, my uncle was busted for smuggling weed back in the 70's, narced out by the guy that he was smuggling for. My other uncle has multiple arrests for possession, was even in the top ten of his class, now he is strung out on harder stuff. I have spent many years myself hiding something that really should never have been schedule 1 and not as dangerous as opiods, yet, I am a criminal, no matter what, so if I joke around a little and have a sense of humor, the quality of my life, no matter how grim, will still be better, of course I joke about my diabetes as well, I face the constant probability of heart attack, stroke, or in general is something going to fall off me because my body betrays me. No as far as pedophiles, go, I am not fond of any form of rapist or murderer, now you know where my head is at and a little more, maybe you might just consider that we are on the same side, believe me "it is tough all over, man."

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Before I start, the first and most important statement I can make, " I don't Hate LED's". As a consumer in a market that is over saturated with a lot of the same tech, outrageous claims, and over priced product. Well that makes me mad, doesn't it make you mad? To be honest, I loved my LED's, I actually wish there was a more honest and consumer friendly market. I know that eventually the HPS will be phased out, I have no problem with that, I am not as tech savvy as I once was, mainly due to health issues and I actually have a personal life,(I know the majority can relate). I think failure of communication between customer and company(insert whomever), has become the major barrier in a market that could be an extremely profitable.
I was actually about to purchase some hardware from a company recently, I was going to plop down about six to eight hundred dollars, unfortunately this will not happen for this new company, and word of mouth goes a long way on treatment of your customers, whether potential or not. With this said, to all companies, no matter what you sell, TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS RIGHT. I understand sales has exaggeration in it's product, there is pride in the company, ect. To be fair, I am a extremely hard sale, I will make sales man sweat bullets, I know how to do that as I have worked in sales for multiple companies, any company that knows this avoids people like me, I understand though, seriously, you have to make money.
So here is a list for companies that want to make the sale, clench the deal, or hit mark and stay in the red.

1) Cost, the cost alone does not appeal to the average person on the street, most people will also buy smaller to get proper coverage, so cheaper and smaller may be a market to look into.
2) Honesty, it is still important today, in sales, it can be the difference between starvation and filet mignon.
3) Longevity, if I spend five hundred bucks on the ultra bright mini sun deluxe(faux example), I want it to last more than two years.
4)Coverage, every grower whether in a tent or in a shopping mall,(more exaggeration for the point), wants every edge covered.
5)Spectrum, well what spectrum does a plant use, the general spectrum that human beings see in, very little comes from UV and IR which makes them pointless.
6)Interchangable parts, why? simple, if something fails you can replace a part of it without replacing the whole unit, especially in the middle of a grow, QB's are doing this and so far just reading what Mr. Jujitsu has said about them is extremely convincing, in fact I can find no argument, debate, and/or flaw with his statements.
7)Science in general, do not try this one, I am in the higher range of IQ, and well learned, most of my friends are also high IQ, one even has a minor in physics,( I literally pick this poor mans brain for info all the time).
I hope this clarifies some misconceptions and labels that have been placed on me, I think it is horrible when you are silenced for an opinion, ideal, or even for being different. I hope this helps, oh by the way, I might also point out that I am a type two diabetic that is dependent on medication, I also have arthritis that is getting progressively worse. My view in my statements is honest, as I feel lying is rude and disrespectful, not that I am perfect, remember, I AM A A-HOLE! So why do I smoke weed, I like to get high, does it help with other things, sure does, I still like to get high, and drinking is not an option.

I’m on board, literally 🤣😂 I like what your throwing down, and agree.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Adding 4 48led Samsung strips to my updated flower tent array. I removed 4 132 QBs tha where 2700k and swapped in 4 v2 in 3000k. Then the 4 strips are each a mix of red and deep red (spec available) which should more than make up for the loss in red spectrum. I can run 4 of these in paralleloff the same 24v supply’s that run my 120qbs, and since another tent I’m swapping 120s out for 132s I pulled I’ll have extra power supply to run it. Now I can run the red strips through a separate or same timer, allowing sunset dialing by simply adjusting two timers. This is the versatility I love. I got the 4 boards for under 100$. I can continually upgrade and change my lighting and spectrum, adjusting and tuning for perfection. I must regularly in my tents, my power supplies are outside the tents, these have held up incredibly with zero failures.

Ace9137

Ace9137

Adding 4 48led Samsung strips to my updated flower tent array. I removed 4 132 QBs tha where 2700k and swapped in 4 v2 in 3000k. Then the 4 strips are each a mix of red and deep red (spec available) which should more than make up for the loss in red spectrum. I can run 4 of these in paralleloff the same 24v supply’s that run my 120qbs, and since another tent I’m swapping 120s out for 132s I pulled I’ll have extra power supply to run it. Now I can run the red strips through a separate or same timer, allowing sunset dialing by simply adjusting two timers. This is the versatility I love. I got the 4 boards for under 100$. I can continually upgrade and change my lighting and spectrum, adjusting and tuning for perfection. I must regularly in my tents, my power supplies are outside the tents, these have held up incredibly with zero failures.
I do peak in on your threads every once in a while, and I am sincere in my interest with QB's. When you talk of price and versatility with the QB and even the longevity, this is what I look for in a product. I am waiting a year, and I may dip in by then.

Top Bottom