What In The? In The Name Of Science!

• Thread starter TimeLine
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TimeLine

TimeLine

What are things people are trying, want to try, saw others try

just to see what would happen

I am currently playing with the absolute lowest humidity levels before all heck breaks loose

below 35% seems to be really bad

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

This might sound crazy, but hear me out. I've seen people tape branches back on plants before. So it gave me an idea. I've always wanted to cut a branch off a plant, and replace it with a branch from a different strain. Maybe swap the branches and see if the buds develop differently than the rest of the plant. If you could keep them alive, that is...

P

PharmHand

This might sound crazy, but hear me out. I've seen people tape branches back on plants before. So it gave me an idea. I've always wanted to cut a branch off a plant, and replace it with a branch from a different strain. Maybe swap the branches and see if the buds develop differently than the rest of the plant. If you could keep them alive, that is...
Not crazy at all. Grafting is very commonly done in nurseries. There’s a lot of info out there ,step by step videos even. Pretty straight forward tho. Get u some pruning paste, some tie wire....

Freshone

Freshone

I saw someone graft like 5 different plants on to one mother in a thread here from like 2010 or 11?Not sure if it still exists,might have been lost in the changeover a few years back but the idea was that he could keep a bunch of cuts on one mother plant.You wouldnt want to do it and flower it out because you would just be shocking it from the get go which is never good but interesting for a multi mom.

TimeLine

TimeLine

with low humidity it seems that the plants(seedlings) don't like veg light t5 close as in under 10 inches and respond to light being around 18 inches more

have always kept close and been fine with regular reasonable humidity ranges
idk

Monster762

Monster762

with low humidity it seems that the plants(seedlings) don't like veg light t5 close as in under 10 inches and respond to light being around 18 inches more

have always kept close and been fine with regular reasonable humidity ranges
idk
Idk I have opposite findings. Mine barely hit 40 whole grow. But loving it.

TimeLine

TimeLine

currently 5 diff strains a few of each
below 35% wow oh no

35-43% maintaining slow growth though

above 44% seems ok
44-47%

52% and over (w/i reason) I never noticed any issues in past

this year trying to keep mothers..any other projects alive is a new thing during this dry inside time period

right now canopy humidity 37% with lights raised higher canopy temp 76* they seem to be a 4 in scale 1-10

TimeLine

TimeLine

put plants at what I can get to optimal 47%H and 70* canopy temp

2 hours later I hear from GF the test plants seem to be liking the bad conditions...lol

I understand why people get stressed and want the best really these suckas will take a beating

TimeLine

TimeLine

this is inregards to seedlings/young plants

my mother project is another story...that battle has been fun seeing how things react

NJPBG

NJPBG

I broke a pretty decent sized branch one and grafted it back on. I used medical tape it ended up starting to grow again but was way behind the rest of the plant

TimeLine

TimeLine

remaking the wheel

hmmm no not really

if the dry area in my house during the winter creates a 32% humidity area and I don't want to run a humidifier to get to optimal 40% and I find strains that maybe not thrive but more then enough survive for what my purposes are for them no I don't call it reinventing the wheel

I actually call that creating a wheel

Reddan1981

Reddan1981

I was given some plants, an emergency evacuation of sorts. They were nearly 21 days in to flower and was just finishing the stretch period. I wasn't really ready for them, having had a two year layoff from growing, I was without any of the equipment nessesary, bar a 300w mars hydro light that i dusted off, after forgetting I even had it.
I decided to repot them in bigger pots, give them a low dose of nutrients, then throw the plants under the light and re-veg them. I thought worst comes to worst, i could take cuttings, veg them out, then in the time that took, I would at least have the necessary equipment to flower them.

I left them for a week under 24hr light, in this time the timer arrived, so set the timer for 18/6 and left them for a further 2weeks.

In this period the lights arrived (600w cheap magnetic ballast and bulb set). I hashed a poly tunnel of sorts, out of tarpaulin.

Noticing new growth (non mutated leaves!!) Thought I'd flower them.

I half expected them to spontaneously combust with confused hormones, because secondary to all of these set backs, it was also winter and hitting below 0°c! So to say that I never had high expectations is an understatement.

But to my surprise, within the week of flipping back to flower, they had burst into flower, no stretch, just straight flower sets.

In this time I have now got the nessesary tent, heating and extraction and am about 2 to 3 weeks from pulling them.

I'll post pics later....

M

motz

Get with bombbp on this matter at another club he has a tutorial on this.
5 different strains on 1 plant.
He's the man

Reddan1981

Reddan1981

20200720 195549
20200720 195520
20200720 200020

Top Bottom