What in the world is going on now. Please help me out.

• Thread starter TheOhmOne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheOhmOne

TheOhmOne

I just can’t. Everything was perfect. Growth so crazy and eating so much I had to change out the Res early and increase ppms from 300/400 to 700ppms.

24 hours after the change and the roots have gone from completely white, to nearly all dark colored.

please tell me this is nuts stain from one of the following:
Aqua Flakes A/B
Cal mag
ProTekt
Hydroguard
GH PH down

Room temp steady at 77f
Humidity low at 35-40%
Res Temp 65-68f
PH 5.8-6.0
25k Lux of Growers Choice LED ROI720

Everything looked perfect up to the Res change except a minor showing of Calmag deficiency.

After the Res change and the now dark roots, I also noticed that the top growth on both plants looks a little wrinkled as well.

It really looks like root rot here.

One other odd thing though, the roots have just nearly doubled in size since the Res change. The Dark areas are essentially almost all the roots from 24 hours ago, and the white stuff is all brand new.

The plants are still going wild as well.
With rot I normally experience very very slow growth.

Any thoughts? If you need any more info just let me know please.
Thank you all

What in the world is going on now please help me out
What in the world is going on now please help me out 2
What in the world is going on now please help me out 3
What in the world is going on now please help me out 4
What in the world is going on now please help me out 5
What in the world is going on now please help me out 6
What in the world is going on now please help me out 7
What in the world is going on now please help me out 8
What in the world is going on now please help me out 9
What in the world is going on now please help me out 10
What in the world is going on now please help me out 11
What in the world is going on now please help me out 12
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Aqua Flakes appears to be properly chelated, although I have never used it. It only mentions iron

including Eddha-Fe (Iron)

so some proper research should be done first, but if the nutes are properly prepared, there is no need for bacteria in the root zone. H2O2 will clear up root rot like magic.

TheOhmOne

TheOhmOne

Aqua Flakes appears to be properly chelated, although I have never used it. It only mentions iron

including Eddha-Fe (Iron)

so some proper research should be done first, but if the nutes are properly prepared, there is no need for bacteria in the root zone. H2O2 will clear up root rot like magic.

So this is the 4th run that ends up getting root issues in a row.
Before the Res was completely sterile. I decided to try the Hydroguard as the H202 was doing nothing to prevent the dark roots on previous runs for me.

I really am at a loss here....

I’ve never had root rot issues and this setup is hands down better than any of my others.

what’s weird too is it keeps occurring in the same manner. First few weeks it grows like crazy, then all the sudden,the roots start to essentially“clump” together and start transitioning from very white all over, to greyish tan colored, then very dark all over a few days.

here is the roots 24 hours before any signs of root rot.

10089B3A 5C96 4A19 85B6 591A5E08E58E
BDBEBB12 B136 413C B9ED 19D0BD5ADA09
A737E4C3 BAFA 462C BCE2 5DF5285D6D93
A65E5B97 7A38 4763 8071 AFF733BA1284
TheOhmOne

TheOhmOne

In this stint of failed runs due to root issues, I have tried

GH Lucus formula
AN Sensi series
Aqua Flakes

I’ve tried sterile with the H202
And Hydroguard

both pretty much the same results.

The water used is RO water that also get UV treated during the last step.

Res temps have never been above 67 on this run in particular

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Exposure to air for longer periods will damage roots. Good practice is have buckets to place em in while changing the water.

Notice the root rot is above the water line?

Raise water and try to maintain it 1 inch below the net pot.

When doing a res change pour a couple cups of nutrient solution (with hydrogaurd) over the hydroton. This allows the bacteria in hydrogaurd to inoculate the roots above the water and prevent any root rot.

Just some tips I think may help.

TheOhmOne

TheOhmOne

Exposure to air for longer periods will damage roots. Good practice is have buckets to place em in while changing the water.

Notice the root rot is above the water line?

Raise water and try to maintain it 1 inch below the net pot.

When doing a res change pour a couple cups of nutrient solution (with hydrogaurd) over the hydroton. This allows the bacteria in hydrogaurd to inoculate the roots above the water and prevent any root rot.

Just some tips I think may help.

Thank you aqua man, always coming through with feedback. I appreciate you.

Its been 3 days since the roots turned dark, and 4 days since Res change.

When changing the water I never leave the roofs exposed for more than 5-10 min. Do you think this is a major concern? I’ve normally have not needed to flush often in the past, but with the recent root issues, I have been flushing religiously every 8th day.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thank you aqua man, always coming through with feedback. I appreciate you.

Its been 3 days since the roots turned dark, and 4 days since Res change.

When changing the water I never leave the roofs exposed for more than 5-10 min. Do you think this is a major concern? I’ve normally have not needed to flush often in the past, but with the recent root issues, I have been flushing religiously every 8th day.
If root rot is there inspect daily and rinse daily if there is slime or dark brown in temp adjusted water.

Then put back in res. 5-10 idk I would think ok but not done it.

Akabudz

Akabudz

Just a May be?....
My run in dwc (first grow in 15 yrs plus earlier this year) I had similar problems.. Turned out my calmag was almost black in colour and this gave roots that colour that you have..
Are you using any nutrients etc that may cause this colour change?

TheOhmOne

TheOhmOne

Just a May be?....
My run in dwc (first grow in 15 yrs plus earlier this year) I had similar problems.. Turned out my calmag was almost black in colour and this gave roots that colour that you have..
Are you using any nutrients etc that may cause this colour change?

Hello, yes the cal mag is black yes...

What do you recommend? Plants are still thriving

Top Bottom