What is best for seizures and pain with NO high?

• Thread starter Lacey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lacey

Lacey

I am not sure if there is a such thing. I know this is the place to ask.

My daughter has seizures.
I have major chronic back pain... Slipped discs, arthritis etc

It must not give us the "high" feeling. We have to be able to be alert and function at a moments notice. We homestead so animal emergencies happen.
I tend to be a bit paranoid if I smoke the "normal" cannabis along with my heart pounding and spinning/dizzy feeling. I get no enjoyment from smoking the normal cannabis.

What can I grow that will benefit us both?

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

I am not sure if there is a such thing. I know this is the place to ask.

My daughter has seizures.
I have major chronic back pain... Slipped discs, arthritis etc

It must not give us the "high" feeling. We have to be able to be alert and function at a moments notice. We homestead so animal emergencies happen.
I tend to be a bit paranoid if I smoke the "normal" cannabis along with my heart pounding and spinning/dizzy feeling. I get no enjoyment from smoking the normal cannabis.

What can I grow that will benefit us both?
I would look into Delta 8 tinctures but only if you can get them from a reputable, licensed dealer. There's a lot of fake Delta 8 on the market. Delta 8 is a non psychoactive compound derived from hemp. Some people who are sensitive might notice the tiniest "buzz" but it definitely won't make you high. Good for pain, seizures and anxiety. Probably one of your best bets outside of full spectrum CBD

Ponky

Ponky

If you can get CBD isolate for a good price people say it's effective. I tried it for a while. You don't get high.

If you want to treat pain with marijuana you would most likely have to get used to and overcome the paranoia and dizziness. When you first start smoking vs. When you smoke for chronic pain is very different. All cases vary yes. But I find that smoking regularly throughout the day keeps neuropathy at bay. And I don't feel out of sorts when I smoke because I'm used to it. I would say the first few months of regular use (usually prior to meals) would be the time spent getting used to the THC. Balance pain relief with effects. If you never smoke the first few times are pretty intense. But it is my anecdotal experience that smoking a ton of pot is better than taking prescriptions.

Lacey

Lacey

I want to avoid pharmaceuticals as much as possible. The seizure meds that most kids take really mess them up! I do not want to put my daughter through that.
I also want to avoid putting pain meds in my body. The drugs for nerve pain are addicting and do more harm than good.... And there is no way, I will be able to function.

That is why, it is important for me to find a strain that will keep us both functioning.

I just read up on CB Diesel from Sonoma Seeds.
I would like to find Charlotte's Web, but I can not find anyplace that sells the seeds. Is there another strain that is close to it?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

A med-user friend of mine, who supplies a number of patients with edibles, claims CBD is most effective when there is some THC in the medicine, as well.

If you are using something with a 1:1 or greater CBD:THC ratio, the likelihood of paranoia or other "high" effects are fairly low. You will need to experiment to see what works best for you.

If you are in a legal or medical state, you should be able to get products with various CBD:THC ratios.

BTW, the only thing CBD ever helped me with was pain from a pinched nerve.

Ponky

Ponky

I want to avoid pharmaceuticals as much as possible. The seizure meds that most kids take really mess them up! I do not want to put my daughter through that.
I also want to avoid putting pain meds in my body. The drugs for nerve pain are addicting and do more harm than good.... And there is no way, I will be able to function.

That is why, it is important for me to find a strain that will keep us both functioning.

I would like to find Charlotte's Web, but I can not find anyplace that sells the seeds. Is there another strain that is close to it?
There are CBD strains and some seed stores have a section just for those. Hard to be sure if they're legitimate. To be sure something is what it says I'd have to buy it from a government cannabis store. My mother in law uses there CBD tinctures. In Canada.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

You can start by going to the "strains" section of this website, and filter by CBD content. Many big breeders now include a few CBD selections.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
AFAIK the most effective Cannabis oils for Epilepsy/Seizures do contain some THC but you can get them where the levels will not affect learning ability etc. In kids

novazeus

novazeus

raw, non-decarboxylated, cannabis is as psychoactive as raw broccoli when consumed.
tastes terrible but without much effort u could top ur salads with fresh frozen flowers and see what u think.
easy peasy.

Fluffy

Fluffy

CBD and CBDV are anticonvulsants. A good strain to hunt for in clone form would be Huel Perkins Tonic, which tests around 20% CBD and 0.27% THC. For pain related to inflammation, perhaps a combination of cannabinoids. CBD, CBG, CBN, and THCA are all anti inflammatory. Combine those with peppercorn and some turmeric and I bet you'll see improvements over time.

raw, non-decarboxylated, cannabis is as psychoactive as raw broccoli when consumed.
tastes terrible but without much effort u could top ur salads with fresh frozen flowers and see what u think.
easy peasy.
I sometimes juice cannabis, which is a great way to get the medicinal benefits without eating plant material. I freeze the juice into cubes for smoothies and such. When I drink a bunch of the juice, it almost feels like I catch a slight buzz.

Lacey

Lacey

I will see if I can find info on the Huel Perkins tonic for my daughter.
I think Harlequin is a good fit for me.

2Bad

2Bad

I would look into Delta 8 tinctures but only if you can get them from a reputable, licensed dealer. There's a lot of fake Delta 8 on the market. Delta 8 is a non psychoactive compound derived from hemp. Some people who are sensitive might notice the tiniest "buzz" but it definitely won't make you high. Good for pain, seizures and anxiety. Probably one of your best bets outside of full spectrum CBD
I agree Delta 8 could be an option. There's gummies at headshops/smoke shops my sister takes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom