What is best grow technique...dirt or hydro?

• Thread starter BogartAmungus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Hahaha just kidding, we all know it's dirt!
But seriously folks I just thought I would rile you all up! Im sure there are many a pissing contest over that. I would imagine hydro would get best results but I am no way ready or confident enough to try hydro so I am going with what I know and have more faith in. I tried searching for dirt and got zero results in the search bar lol how is that possible?! Anybody have any advice and or helpful links? You all have been very welcoming to me so far and I appreciate that! I have found alot of generic common sense info but I have questions like should I test PH of my water and adjust? I see alot of reference to ph. My first grow is gonna go like this...
I am going with a home made mix of fresh compost from local compost company (OMRI certified) Spagnum Peat moss and perlite with some microbes. I am not concerned about 100% organic but I try to stay as much as possible with all my gardening. Going to germinate in wet towel and on to solo cups. Before they are root bound I plan on putting straight to 10gal fabric pots. Should I do like most house plants and pot up a couple times? I hate to disturb roots on such a cherished plant lol. Is 10gal too much? I think bigger is better imo. What is ideal temp and RH? In what parameters? Should I set EVERYTHING on a timer for 18/6 or just the lights until flower? Another huge pissing contest...training...LST Scrog HST like topping or main line. I am going to try various. I am only going with 5 plants. 4×4+ in a 4×8 tent. All the lighting I can afford now. Can 4 or 5 fit? Might do one outside. I know its an addiction and an adventure and I look forward to the challenge. I appreciate any and all advice and criticism as I am thick skinned and no bully is gonna hurt me! Hahaha JK Im 52 yrs old and still learning! Sorry for long post. Once I set everything up and get going I will post my grow thread. Probably a week or more away. My room is a cluttered mess and I am working 6 days a week now to pay for this latest OCD adventure ha!

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

I totally think everyone is ready for hydro just not to many people try. With that said, everyone know RDWC is the hands down best grow method... and if they dont they will soon.
I don't even know what RDWC stands for lol im sure its Hydro but what types of hydro are out there? 😁

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

I thought the title of my thread would grab everybody's attention but they are probably sick and tired of that BS OVER AND OVER HAHA. I would imagine a vast majority here used hydro or should I refer to it as RDWC?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I thought the title of my thread would grab everybody's attention but they are probably sick and tired of that BS OVER AND OVER HAHA. I would imagine a vast majority here used hydro or should I refer to it as RDWC?
There are many styles of hydro RDWC and DWC are 2 of them. There are many more.

What is your total budget?
Would you consider yourself a good plumber?
What tools do you have for taking measurements?

Observationist

Observationist

Aeroponics is the most advanced and efficient growth method there is.
I mean use that to grow food in space….you aren’t hauling up all that soil and microbes and extra water.

Afaik.

Last edited:
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Dirts useless. . just throw it away. .bury all the dirt at a landfill. I dont see why we even have dirt on this earth. Who wants to wait on microbes. And I like CO2, so how about we remove all the dirt, and burn all the oil. . get around 2000ppms ousside of c02, and no more dirt.

Thats how you grow ;)

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I can do that while drinking.

Hands free.

Doesn't smell the greatest but I figure the Sulfur helps with Terps.
Sounds like waterboarding to me. Im thinking the straw have to be in the nose lol. I dont think ive ever tried exhaling while taking a drink. Challenge accepted

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Sounds like waterboarding to me. Im thinking the straw have to be in the nose lol. I dont think ive ever tried exhaling while taking a drink. Challenge accepted
I’m talking about the other end. You know. A sphincter says what?

Latest posts

Top Bottom