• Thread starter Slickrick82
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Slickrick82

Slickrick82

Trying to get some pointers for drying and curing the good good

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

So temp like 60 to 65 is good. Now would it dry out fast and is it dryed whole or I cut down to steams etc.. I done it few time away but I'm doing something wrong last one into my enough. First time was on point and secound smelt like hay a bit idk. May e dry longer and cure longer.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Was good temp to cure or doent matter
Depends what ya mean by cure.... I dry then finish drying and curing in buckets... so they kinda run together. But yes same temps. There are many ways to do this... the lower the tenls the slower the dry... shoot for 10-14 days drying and you shouldn't be disappointed. Maybe 7 open air depending on temps/humidity and buds size/density then slow it even more by putting into buckets and burping until they are just right.

Toss em in buckets when the outside is crispy and the stems fold over crisp but not quite snap yet snap yet.

The cooler the tenps the slower the dry

Domon8n30

Domon8n30

I try to dry my bud real slow like Aquaman said for about 2 weeks at around 63 rh and 68 to 73 degrees if possible. So far I've got it to 12 days on 1 harvest and 12 1/2 days on another harvest. I use a small 2X4 closet with a humidifier set to 60 on the top shelf cuz the humidity drops. I dry it with all the leaves on it, usually adds a couple days of extra drying to the process. I've got excellent results drying it this way.

Last edited:
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

So temp like 60 to 65 is good. Now would it dry out fast and is it dryed whole or I cut down to steams etc.. I done it few time away but I'm doing something wrong last one into my enough. First time was on point and secound smelt like hay a bit idk. May e dry longer and cure longer.

There is no one way to do it. Some people trim when it's freshly cut. Some people leave the plant whole and hang it. Some people trim and cut off all buds and hang them in a rack.

It depends on your humidity and temp and how long it ends up taking. It should take 7+ days, in most opinions. I usually hang the plant whole, and trim off fan leaves only. Leaving bud sugar leaves on slows drying, which is good for me — maybe bad for someone in the humid southeast.

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

I am also getting ready to take down some plants. I used to use this thick-ish rubber wire that was also bendable to be able to run across the room and twist around some screws. I can't seem to find what the name of that thing was. Are there any suggestions of a similar product or what you guys use to hang the plants from? (I hang whole plant)

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Theres also sublimation cure 😱👀 highly debatable topic and im yet to also try it myself, but im seeing more & more growers swearing by it

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

60 60 whole plant 14 days
Trim and Seal in jars or buckets at 60 60 for storage.

That's it.

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

I’m on day 3 with 4 dwc grown wedding cake plants, I trimmed all fan leaves only and hung plants whole using the 60/60 method. I’m trying this for the first time, I still have bud leftover from my first grow last year so I’m in no hurry, just want the best smoke I can get!

growsince79

growsince79

I am also getting ready to take down some plants. I used to use this thick-ish rubber wire that was also bendable to be able to run across the room and twist around some screws. I can't seem to find what the name of that thing was. Are there any suggestions of a similar product or what you guys use to hang the plants from? (I hang whole plant)
clothes hangers or clothes line.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
Screenshot 20210321 120007 Firefox

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
I have this, it works for clothes and I can retract it when not used.

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

Depends what ya mean by cure.... I dry then finish drying and curing in buckets... so they kinda run together. But yes same temps. There are many ways to do this... the lower the tenls the slower the dry... shoot for 10-14 days drying and you shouldn't be disappointed. Maybe 7 open air depending on temps/humidity and buds size/density then slow it even more by putting into buckets and burping until they are just right.

Toss em in buckets when the outside is crispy and the stems fold over crisp but not quite snap yet snap yet.

The cooler the tenps the slower the dry
I read somewhere on a recent thread by doing 60 degrees and 60% rh no cure needed..? Idk about that but I’m trying it right now

Latest posts

Top Bottom