What is everyone's thoughts on time to top?

• Thread starter CanadianMillenialGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CanadianMillenialGrower

CanadianMillenialGrower

I was just wanting to get some other people's opinions on when I should top this lady. She is on the 6th node set(I believe). The stem is also getting very big and I'm excited to see what this plant will look like in about a month and a half when days start to shorten. And I'm thinking that I could top her now with very good results. Post pics of your topped plants and also please share your wisdom! Always like hearing what more experienced/better growers have to say. This is a continuous learning experience for me. Pics were taken today @230pm EDT.

What is everyones thoughts on time to top
What is everyones thoughts on time to top 2
Ponky

Ponky

I top 4th or 5th node¹. But I don't top outdoor.

1: most of my plants are about 8" tall when they are showing 4 or 5 nodes.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

If you top them when they are really small it slows them down more so your veg will be longer. Personally I'm not in a race so I top them as soon as I can. It definitely stuns them a bit if you wait it out they come back and keep on growing. As soon as she bounces back again I top again. Its a house of pain around here homie she gets no breaks! 🤣 I like to get as many of those Y splits as possible. Then I put it through the trellis for support like the picture below. I would let yours go just a tad longer then you can top it and make a nice clone off of the piece you remove 👍
IMG 2578

CanadianMillenialGrower

CanadianMillenialGrower

Yea I ment to have this one out in a 25g fabric pot already but there was some complications with the site. So I'm doing my big grow next spring(I'll start the seeds mid winter) and put them out when they are 3+'. That way I know they'll be some monsters. This year I just want to see how big I can get this lady in the 2g pot she's in.

Top Bottom