What is going on here?

• Thread starter 916Fisherman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
916Fisherman

916Fisherman

Hell might have been the shit ya spayed on it being contaminated and it not actually infecting the plant. Who knows but interested to see the end result
I was thinking this very thing. My spray bottle had some of the Monterey brand spray left over from a few days prior. I wonder if thatā€™s the culprit

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I sent the pics to a couple head growers and both said it looks like an outrageous infestation of russet mites. They said sometimes they dont appear to move because they're so small and can actually look like dust.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I sent the pics to a couple head growers and both said it looks like an outrageous infestation of russet mites. They said sometimes they dont appear to move because they're so small and can actually look like dust.
Iā€™m looking at some pics now and yes it is looking like RM . I have never see this in my part of the world sitting in to learn more .

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Wow I would say that's an outrageous infestation is right then. That's crazy not in a million years would I have thought that was bugs

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
If that's what it is. Youd have to get a few under a microscope or high power magnification to verify. But they both said it doesnt look like any fungus theyve seen, and one guy has seen RM infestations that looked like that. They both said it looks like RM's

Aksarben

Aksarben

Late last fall I had 2 plants inside getting close to being harvested. Jack Herer Auto, smaller plants in a 2 gallon pot. I saw what you showed in pictures and upon examining with a strong magnifying glass I saw that these 2 plants were literally covered in aphids... LOTS of them. No way to eliminate them so I put the plants outside for the rest of the winter in hopes of freezing the little buggers. No crop from those 2 plants. Too close to harvest for me for spraying. The aphids were on leaves, stems, flowers, everywhere. What I had looked a lot like your first posting of pictures.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Too cold in winter for the fan and our temps went from 60-90 in a week lol
You have to add fans, but you've got bigger problems now, check this out, those are Russet mites

Screenshot 20200509 125736 Google

20200509 130137

I've never seen an infestation like that and I've lost whole gardens to two-spotted mites and more than once, so good luck!!

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Dont tell me thats just a SHIT ton of two spotted mites. or is that waste they leave behind?
No no OP has Russet mites (hopefully I cleared up any confusion with an edit above)

I had the 2 spotted, & I was making a comparison because I had a dreadful infestation but it wasn't even close to what OP has going on

The mites I had put webs all over the top buds & they would do it overnight, it was unbelievably fast! In my opinion best to slash and burn sometimes

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah this was an interesting one for me too, I've never seen anything like it. Curiosity was killing me lol. The head grower from broken coast is the guy I sent the pic to, Kevin called it straight away.

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
No no OP has Russet mites (hopefully I cleared up any confusion with an edit above)

I had the 2 spotted, & I was making a comparison because I had a dreadful infestation but it wasn't even close to what OP has going on

The mites I had put webs all over the top buds & they would do it overnight, it was unbelievably fast! In my opinion best to slash and burn sometimes
ahh got it... either way RIP

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

Ya a couple local guys said russet right away as well. Time to scrap everything and start over I guess. I canā€™t battle these things for months on end. Time and money down the drain. Iā€™m still shocked they all rinsed away with water though. And havenā€™t seen them like that before or since.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
WOW! It looks like one of those spiders that, when you pokethem, you discover that they had about 1000 babies clinging to them and they all scatter. I have to admit that I've never come across anything like that before, but wouldn't a regular mite treatment, like Spinosad, get rid of most of them? An infestation is bad but shouldn't make them any less susceptible to some sort of treatment?
Any way you look at it... it's alearning experience!

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

A tough learning experience for sure. I will be treating regularly for pest now as a matter of normal course.
Saved a few plants but scrapped anything that looked like mite damage. Doing a sulfur treatment tonight. To the tent and surrounding areas.

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

Well sulfur treating is working well. Iā€™ve had a huge growth spurt and they are now vegging under MH vs T5. I threw away about 6 plants total.

4438B5EB 9EC9 40BA AAC7 ACD4C23BD5F1

Latest posts

Top Bottom