What is going on with my plant!!!

• Thread starter Kevn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kevn

Kevn

Hey guys. New here. I've grown for a few years but still a newb. I was wondering if anyone knows what this is. I can't find anything that looks "exactly" like it.
background:
Outdoor grow
Seed found in 1/8 medical motor breath
Is about 14' tall, 5' wide
No slow nutrient soil. Planted next to rotten tree stump. Soil was beautiful.
add fox farm 1/2 strength twice a week. Slf100, added gypsum today.
well water
Has been hot and humid/rain but other plants look good around it.
no signs of pests besides the new tree frog 🐸
Water when dry
Seems to only effect the new growth. Still growing. No signs of flower but others are all flowering including a clone i took early in the season.
any help would be appreciated let me know if you need more information or better pics. Thanks!!!!
What is going on with my plant
What is going on with my plant 2
What is going on with my plant 3
What is going on with my plant 4

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Examine closely the bad areas. Use a loupe of USB microscope. Look for tiny little broad mites.
Let us know what you find.

Kevn

Kevn

That was the only thing i saw that was close. But i use neem oil regularly since week 4. And all other plants are fine. Or is this still a possibility? I'm going to look first thing tomorrow just didn't know if that info changes anything. Thanks

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

That could be a web but its too blurry to tell for sure.
Some kind of critter I'm pretty sure.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Agree with others it screams mites to me. Almost 100% certain broad ot russet mites. Clear nutrient issues, major stunting in buds and that curling is not like heat imo.

Kevn

Kevn

What nutrient looks low? I put some leaves under my scope. I saw 2 of these on one of the leaves. Which type is it? Is it too late to turn the plant around?

D2B781CC B72C 4917 98F9 21B5801B6961
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What nutrient looks low? I put some leaves under my scope. I saw 2 of these on one of the leaves. Which type is it? Is it too late to turn the plant around?
The nutrient deficiencies are caused by the bugs.

I can spot the signs of bugs but I sure ain't the guy you wanna ask how to treat em.... cause I wouldn't.... I'd

Images 2
Churchill Crocodile 01

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I don’t think you’re even flowering yet so as a Hail Mary you could try dousing them with some kind of miticide. Hit them top and bottom for three days and see what happens. You don’t have much to lose except a few bucks. Might also try hosing the hell out of them and then blasting them with a leaf blower if you have one. Hate to give up on it too early.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Have also felled A lot of dead trees and snags and noticed that ants like to colonize the roots of the stumps. Seeing them just come pouring out.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

It looks like you took a picture of a screen.
Its hard to tell what anything is out of focus. Can you give us a clearer pic?

Kevn

Kevn

I'll try to get some better pics. The only thing i have is a digital microscope. I use for coins. The strongest loop i have doesn't show any.

DosGatos

DosGatos

Think that "mite" be a red spider mite, i had those unwanted guests before.
There are 2 types, orangey red or brown spotted. The reddish ones are easier to get rid of. The good news is there are lots of treatment options in veg/ early flower.
Personally I used "Mighty Wash", Diatomaceous earth, home made pepper spray and a chemical treatment that I foliar sprayed them with every 3 days for about 2 weeks.

Kevn

Kevn

The weird thing is i only found 3 after 2 hours of looking through the scope. Should i just google "mighty wash" for the specs? Thanks

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Good to rule it out. Time to start barking up another tree. Maybe moisture is collecting in the new growth areas and sitting there too long. Seen other people that had problems with that area being discolored. Mostly and high humidity areas. I know it is a weak suggestion but you might go out every morning and shake the moisture off of them. I DK

Kevn

Kevn

That is very possible every morning the past 2-3 weeks the grass has been soaked until about 9 am. I will continue neem oil and i ordered some cucumeris predatory mite just in case. Also my fertilizer may be off. I water a gallon every day unless it's wet when i get to them at 5 pm. I feed twice a week with fox farm trio their online schedule not the bottle. I mean how much should i be feeding a plant that size? I've never had one get this big.

Top Bottom