What Is Happening To My Greenhouse?

• Thread starter Desertbuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
katelyn

katelyn

I'm with the guy that suggested Aphids. I had 2 die and 2 more badly damaged this year. did not touch 7 others. @ just drooped and died. They came in from my tomato's that were just on the other side of my fence from the pot.
But as for nutrients, I have found a 2 part nutrient that delivers everything a pot plant needs. KISS is my motto. Keep it simple stupid. lol no cal mag no ph up or down nothing but it. the plants are never any color but green. My head was dizzy reading everything you put in. lol
Simple is good. I use only maxi grow and bloom works wonders for me

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Low temps won't cause that. pH is a possibility. How wet is your soil? Did you let your dry ferts compost before planting? Perhaps the addition of bottled salts (age old isn't organic) slowed the decomposition process and the increase in moisture might have triggered the soil to heat up with uncomposted dry ferts. It looks like hot soil burn to me, but don't quote me on that.
I will, because I agree. They look like someone dumped a qualified metric shit-ton of salt-based fertilizers on them.

Man, am I sorry to see this. Heartbreaking.

I have gypsum. Would dolomite lime work faster? And how should I administer. Mix with water and flush, or make a weird tea haha
No, don't use anything with more carbonates in it. Dolomite lime (CaMgCO3), oyster shell flour (CaCO3), and the like are to be avoided here. The issue @Bulldog420 is discussing is caused by carbonates and bicarbonates. If you dump dolomite lime (CaMgCO3) then you're loading up with even more carbonates. The molecule you need to watch out for is expressed as CO3 (can't recall the expression for a bicarbonate).

Edit: I see @Slownickel @Blaze @Bulldog420 gotcha covered. Listen to these guys. Seriously. If they correct me, listen to them, not me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom