What is ideal pot for supersoil to grow?fabric or plastic?

• Thread starter Simba1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TryingToGrow

Supporter
Lights just came on, better pic with a plant getting roots to the sides now

4C599E63 C845 425C B531 8449C1C55F71

EC693FCA 11CD 4367 949C 52DE3151250B

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

Do we need to have runoff for super soil?I have heard you dont need run off.
For living soil u don't want run off point of it is to reause it eventually I'll get better in time . Grab some mulch that dryness u worried about won't b an issue. Layer of mulch will keep top layer moist . Like outside.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
curently have clones in both fabric and plastic in a tent and maybe can see some differences. tbh I like plastics more because they evaporate less water so less work less rH and soil stays more moist. I can't think how MO's stay alive at the edges of the fabrics plus the root pruning effect means roots dry out, die and have to be recreated again from within. that sounds cool for veg but in flower plant should focus on putting her energy into buds.
also repotting with fabrics is such a hassle as they just don't release the ball easily.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
btw it's still possible to get good root growth at the top of plastics but that requires to not let the soil dry out there (mulching)
IMG 20200503 101125

a layered Original Malawi

just sprayed the top once in a while in between full waterings

Jacohlamusic

Jacohlamusic

I have heard the fabric pots are getting dry faster and the idea of supersoil is to keep the soil wet all the time, so which pot is better ?Fabric or Plastic?
I grow outside using a mix of organic garden and potting soil boosted with organic compost. I chose to use BPA free 7 and 5 gallon fabric pots so I can move my plants around my patio for optimal sunlight. They drain well, dry out quicker than clay pots and are more cost effective. I think they allow more oxygen to the roots. Great for my autos. Everything is growing great after 7 weeks. BTW. I water (just until I get a slight runoff) every other day when the conditions are hot and sunny.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Something went wrong. Usually a finished pot is full of roots. What happened?
not in fabric, no roots to be seen, they grow in the soil not around the inside of the pot like in plastic.....

Top Bottom