What is really important for my grow?

• Thread starter mikkel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikkel

mikkel

Im new to growing. Im trying to start off basic. i have a growtent, some good light, and a fan. will it be possible to only use that? or do i need anything else thats super important for the plant to succed?
I am growing a strain called AMS, (anti mold strain) the plant itself is pretty protective. but is there anything else i need to make sure the plant will live and flower?

Blastfact

Blastfact

So what do you have a for a tent, light and fan? Doing a grow on a shoe string/basic can be done. But with the challenge of being new. Basic only complicates everything you know nothing about,,, yet. Your going to need a PH meter,,, buy a good one. Drops, strips and china super junk ones like on Amazon will bite you. Your going to need a exhaust fan and grow area circ fan. Pots, elevators and saucers. Something to measure temp & humidity. Soil, coco, hydro? Your going to have to feed and water. Welcome to your new addiction!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I have the same set and the same questions 😁
What's the name of the strain?
Basic growing to me is a peat based mix like Promix, a line of nutrients for the entire grow cycle I use General Hydroponics 3 part flora. Keep a record of what you do to them, when you feed & when you water and how much you give them. transplant up as needed from small to large, good light, good humidity & temp with lots of gentle air movement......

and read the forums for questions you didn't know you had ...........................my grow buds easy method...Get help when needed...lots of good info and folks here willing to share...Good luck

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Another basic grow would be to plant your seeds into a high quality, pre-mixed organic soil, like Coast of Main or Lush. Depending on how often you transplant, you might be able to get away without adding nutrients until 3 or 4 weeks into flower.

2Bad

2Bad

Your grow light is the most important. If you do many smaller plants they will grow faster than one big plant but that's a choice only you can answer. You can choose bottled nutrients or Dry nutrients.

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
Don't underestimate water quality and it's direct connection to a successful grow. Know what's in it and what needs to be removed or added to make it high quality or plants can go thru a myriad of issues from pH lockouts to toxicity issues

2Bad

2Bad

Don't underestimate water quality and it's direct connection to a successful grow. Know what's in it and what needs to be removed or added to make it high quality or plants can go thru a myriad of issues from pH lockouts to toxicity issues
If you can drink from your water you don't have to worry

mikkel

mikkel

Another basic grow would be to plant your seeds into a high quality, pre-mixed organic soil, like Coast of Main or Lush. Depending on how often you transplant, you might be able to get away without adding nutrients until 3 or 4 weeks into flower.
That would be perfekt because i used alot of money on the setup and I’m not going to spend more until next paycheck

mikkel

mikkel

Your grow light is the most important. If you do many smaller plants they will grow faster than one big plant but that's a choice only you can answer. You can choose bottled nutrients or Dry nutrients.
What is better, dry or bottled?

2Bad

2Bad

What is better, dry or bottled?
Bottles is more work/ mixing. I've done 21 plants in coco with bottled nutes and I was watering SOO MUCH. I switched to dry nutrients and i'll never go back. With dry nutrients you don't have to ph adjust anything if done correctly.

mikkel

mikkel

Bottles is more work/ mixing. I've done 21 plants in coco with bottled nutes and I was watering SOO MUCH. I switched to dry nutrients and i'll never go back. With dry nutrients you don't have to ph adjust anything if done correctly.
Thanks friend

Top Bottom