What is rhe most resin or trichomes ever gotten from your bud ?

• Thread starter johnsmith_559
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

just curious to what people have gotten.
over the past 30 years 10 to 15 gram resin from 100 g material is the normal for me using water extraction and a final cleaning with a 50 micron and a 150 micron bag .

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
The most? Jeez i dont know. But the last run i did i got 48 grams of oil from 10 oz of popcorn buds and tight trim.

Water extraction<solvent extraction.

Edit.. Since i know where this is going, Phytatest labs in Cobble hill says the oil was 87% total cannabinoid and 84% THC.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Also i should add, I dont do chem solvent extraction anymore since the penalties got so harsh for doing so without a license. (Im looking at you govt lurkers...). I do shit by the book these days.

Water hash extraction yields are small. Ive seen methyl hydrate, butane, iso, and supercritical Co2 extractions nearly double the yield and cannabinoid % compared to water extractions.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Also i should add, I dont do chem solvent extraction anymore since the penalties got so harsh for doing so without a license. (Im looking at you govt lurkers...). I do shit by the book these days.

Water hash extraction yields are small. Ive seen methyl hydrate, butane and iso extractions nearly double the yield and cannabinoid % compared to water extractions.
What about rso?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
What about rso?
RSO is a Naptha extraction. Its what i grew up on living in NS in the mid 90's. Its all we could get. Also high yielding and possibly close to a perfect solvent, but the RSO method itself produces a very crude extract full of all kinds of stuff besides cannabinoids and terps.
Great for edibles. Not so much for smoking or using as a pure dosed extract unless you test it out.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
RSO is a Naptha extraction. Its what i grew up on living in NS in the mid 90's. Its all we could get. Also high yielding and possibly close to a perfect solvent, but the RSO method itself produces a very crude extract full of all kinds of stuff besides cannabinoids and terps.
Great for edibles. Not so much for smoking or using as a pure dosed extract unless you test it out.
Ya but the penalties?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I have a 120 micron silk screen, I'd assume making pucks using it is fine if water extraction is. Do you think 120 is good for that?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I have a 120 micron silk screen, I'd assume making pucks using it is fine if water extraction is. Do you think 120 is good for that?
120 is fine. Honestly i make my hash on the dirty side. Im a jojnt smoker not a dabber. Ill use 220 as a work bag and keep everything between 190 and 33 micron, and collect it all off the single 33 micron screen.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
120 is fine. Honestly i make my hash on the dirty side. Im a jojnt smoker not a dabber. Ill use 220 as a work bag and keep everything between 190 and 33 micron, and collect it all off the single 33 micron screen.
I really hardly know anything about sifting, do I need multiple screens? what's a big range, medium range and small range for the screens?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I really hardly know anything about sifting, do I need multiple screens? what's a big range, medium range and small range for the screens?
Honestly im not much help there. Like i said i just keep the 33 and up all together. Ive never really seen much point in seperating all the different grades unless you are processing a ton of it, or you want full melt bubble for a dab rig or something.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Honestly im not much help there. Like i said i just keep the 33 and up all together. Ive never really seen much point in seperating all the different grades unless you are processing a ton of it, or you want full melt bubble for a dab rig or something.
I get maybe14g of trimmings from my plant each time so I'm sure just having one is enough.

johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

The most? Jeez i dont know. But the last run i did i got 48 grams of oil from 10 oz of popcorn buds and tight trim.

Edit.. Since i know where this is going, Phytatest labs in Cobble hill says the oil was 87% total cannabinoid and 84% THC.
that's excellent! unfortunately I want resin yield not oil. oil ca. be very erratic. even without thc you would get a fair amount of oil from any plant as they do now for botanical extracts .
but will put that result on the list and hopefully we can get 50 replies or so to get a nice average . obviously one or 2 would be useless and subjective . in figure skating they toss out the highest and lowest scores to weed out over biased ipuonins

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I posted a thread about this but nobody answered so I guess I'll ask here (doubt you'll have any idea though)

I shaved the outside of a bunch of lemons and oranges (just the dark outside part of the rind) and then I followed the steps of rso to try to extract the limonene? maybe?
I'm waiting for my next harvest to try it and see if it works but do you guys think it will do anything? Worst that can happen is it's not psychoactive but it makes it taste like lemons.

johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

now do you have their number? I tried googling but found nothing. they would be an excellent source of info as an explanation of testing procedure. I would also be quite happy to pay for a test on some of your bud . I will pay for all expenses.

also want to know test .hopefully hplc and not that frsudelnt T check thing .the Tchekc does not actually test thc. what it does , as a VOC METER ( or volatile organic compounds) it sends a light signal out and a sensor reads how much light makes it to the sensor and decides the rest is bio gas or vapour and gives the reading .now because it is not specific as it's just one led spectrum and measures vapour the same way a ec pen reads salts , as a whole but not specific.
it cam only give a % of total light recieved. nothing to do with individual spectrum. now it sends this reading to the company data base and that company tcheck semd a premade desciption of what it thinks that Strain is .it DOES NOT test the sample IT SENDS A PRE MADE MESSFAGE INDEPENDSNT OF RHE SAMPLE .
TH3 company and the reviewers know this and vaguely reference it in the description.
the CHECK meter is fraudulent...so hopefully it's not that.
But I can ask when I call to pay for the test if 5ou or ANYONE who want to do it

johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

Water hash extraction yields are small. Ive seen methyl hydrate, butane, iso, and supercritical Co2 extractions nearly double the yield and cannabinoid % compared to water extractions.
ok fair enough but I would like resin numbers only , NOT oil .

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
now do you have their number? I tried googling but found nothing. they would be an excellent source of info as an explanation of testing procedure. I would also be quite happy to pay for a test on some of your bud . I will pay for all expenses.

also want to know test .hopefully hplc and not that frsudelnt T check thing .the Tchekc does not actually test thc. what it does , as a VOC METER ( or volatile organic compounds) it sends a light signal out and a sensor reads how much light makes it to the sensor and decides the rest is bio gas or vapour and gives the reading .now because it is not specific as it's just one led spectrum and measures vapour the same way a ec pen reads salts , as a whole but not specific.
it cam only give a % of total light recieved. nothing to do with individual spectrum. now it sends this reading to the company data base and that company tcheck semd a premade desciption of what it thinks that Strain is .it DOES NOT test the sample IT SENDS A PRE MADE MESSFAGE INDEPENDSNT OF RHE SAMPLE .
TH3 company and the reviewers know this and vaguely reference it in the description.
the CHECK meter is fraudulent...so hopefully it's not that.
But I can ask when I call to pay for the test if 5ou or ANYONE who want to do it

I havent used them in a few years, they may have closed doors or merged or changed names, i dont know. Here is a report i had saved in my photos on my phone for an MCT concentrate i had tested. At the time they were the most trusted lab on the island.
Their phone number is on here.

And how do you define resin vs oil? A cold wash oil extract is pulling mostly resin. And a hell of a lot more of it than bubblehash.

20190608 205207

johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

I use 55 gallon drum as it has a large open water area and you can put a few 100 g of material and it won't cake up.. Stiring lots .evey 20 min or so I scoop out the floating leaf and put it a second drum next to it .I know filter what I got through a 200 micron bag to pre screen and then through a 150 micron bag and catch it in a 50 micron bag .there may be some resin below that but there would not be much the stuff between the 150 200 bags of just small leaf. I use a microscope I got years ago .older but solid Russian unit 100/ 200/400 1000 (oil immersion )
we keep extracting until we do5j see resin .

Top Bottom