What is she telling me?

• Thread starter Undertow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Undertow

Undertow

Still bad at reading the signs my plant is showing me and every time I think I figured it out something new points me to another possibility so any help would be appreciated.

Strain: Forum stomper (auto flower)
Week : 7
Lighting: 300W LED, 24/0, 100% power@24”
Medium: 70/30 coco perlite
Water schedule: once per day to runoff(will be upping to 2x starting tomorrow with them drinking more now)
Environment: ~75F and 56-60 RH
Nutrients(ML/g): currently- GH flora trio. 1.5 Calimagic, 1.875 Micro, .75 gro, 1.875 Bloom, 2.0 hydro guard. (~530ppm)

What is she telling me

What is she telling me 2
What is she telling me 3
What is she telling me 4
What is she telling me 5
What is she telling me 6
What is she telling me 7
mikeross

mikeross

I don' know GH but have you outruled the possibility that these plants are drying back to much. You mentioned its time up the feeding to 2x daily. If those pots are very light the following day your not watering enough, specially in veg, they like it moist bud.

11Hick11

11Hick11

Looks like a lock out to me with that slight tip burn. What's your PH going in? Also what's the PPMs/PH for runoff?

11Hick11

11Hick11

ALSO, just noticed the other plant. Those claws look like "N" toxicity to me. I'm going to stick with "lock out" and would say a nice flush and light feed would help. This is just my opinion though and would wait for more experienced growers to chime in.

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

It looks to me to be a pretty common coco problem, which @mikeross touched upon above.

Your coco is getting too dry between waterings. This causes the coco to lose its CEC and become overly salted, which in turn damages the root zone leading to lockout of certain critical elements. I would suggest running a low dose cal/mag solution through those pots to reset the medium. Get like 25% runoff, dump it out, then water again to get like 10% runoff and check the EC and PH of the 2nd batch of runoff. Adjust accordingly based off your numbers (should try to get in the same ballpark as your inputs).

Let the medium sit for a day, then those plants should be getting prob 3 doses per day (lights on, 5hrs, 10hrs) or whatever works to keep the coco moist with some runoff every time. Coco should never be totally dry. Don’t be shy about checking runoff readings once a week.

Other than that your progress looks retry good!!

Undertow

Undertow

ALSO, just noticed the other plant. Those claws look like "N" toxicity to me. I'm going to stick with "lock out" and would say a nice flush and light feed would help. This is just my opinion though and would wait for more experienced growers to chime in.
lol yea that other plants given me a hard time this ones a lot healthier so just putting most my effort into keeping this one as healthy as I can. PH in is 5.8-6.0 PPM in is 530 and was getting runoff at a slightly lower ppm so planned on upping the feed over the course of this week as I’m not at 100% anyway. Will definitely be flushing tomorrow though, thanks for the input

Undertow

Undertow

It looks to me to be a pretty common coco problem, which @mikeross touched upon above.

Your coco is getting too dry between waterings. This causes the coco to lose its CEC and become overly salted, which in turn damages the root zone leading to lockout of certain critical elements. I would suggest running a low dose cal/mag solution through those pots to reset the medium. Get like 25% runoff, dump it out, then water again to get like 10% runoff and check the EC and PH of the 2nd batch of runoff. Adjust accordingly based off your numbers (should try to get in the same ballpark as your inputs).

Let the medium sit for a day, then those plants should be getting prob 3 doses per day (lights on, 5hrs, 10hrs) or whatever works to keep the coco moist with some runoff every time. Coco should never be totally dry. Don’t be shy about checking runoff readings once a week.

Other than that your progress looks retry good!!
I had a feeling letting it get to dry could be a cause but I didn’t know what the exact damage it does so good to know. Will definitely be listening to your advice and resetting the medium tomorrow. Thanks!

Top Bottom