What is the 1 thing you wish you knew when you started

• Thread starter NairnM16
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cannon1

cannon1

I’m making this post for the new people who are looking for knowledge from more experienced growers,

The 1 thing I wish I knew at the start was higher watts don’t mean higher yeild

Ppm is one of the most important things to keep track of
Could you elaborate on the importance of PPM and keeping track of it?

cannon1

cannon1

Can't stop at just 1 thing........

1. The importance of dialing in the proper pH

2. The importance of having good genetics

3. Less is more with regard to fertilizer

4. Be proactive with bugs (use a preventative before you have a problem)

5. Solicit advice from proven growers only

I have 20 more items but that's a start.
'Less is more' on the fertilizer, that sounds like a more complicated statement than 'as little as possible'.....

NairnM16

NairnM16

Could you elaborate on the importance of PPM and keeping track of it?
When I first started I was following the information on the bottles so In my head I was feeding 2 plants 3L each so I’d mix the nutes at 2ml per L so I was adding 12ml of nutes to my 6L total sending my ppm away over 3000 I was toxifying my plants, keep the ppm low nd you can’t go wrong start around 700 nd work up to 1500 late flower

OlBallcoach

OlBallcoach

It really depends on a couple of things.........PureCrop1 is normally my go to but I have a new recipe that's probably better AND MORE EFFECTIVE. Use only up to 1st week in flowering:

Ingredients:

1. Dr. Woods Peppermint Castile Soap
2. Dr. Woods Tea Tree Castile Soap
3. 70% Alcohol (no higher)
4. Hydrogen Peroxide (1%)
5. Plain water
What do use after the first week of flower till harvest?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Thats a great question. So @DeepCoverInDisguise stated that this was preventative.

I guess the better question is (which I am guessing might be debatable) should I do anything preventative if I see no signs of bugs/mold/mites?
As already mentioned, "prevention" starts before a problem begins. I start with a clean tent. Then I spray insecticide around the outside perimeter of the tent. That alone goes a long way towards preventing problems. I do this BEFORE any plant is placed in my tents. Problems can still come out of the soil so be careful where you source it prior to bringing it inside your house. In my experience, potting soils like Miracle Grow is frequently full of gnat larvae. I use FFOF and don't have insect issues. I'm using FFOF as an example, not an endorsement. I have other issues with it not related to bugs and I'll be using a different mix once I use what I have left of the FF.

TheWalkingPlant

TheWalkingPlant

It really depends on a couple of things.........PureCrop1 is normally my go to but I have a new recipe that's probably better AND MORE EFFECTIVE. Use only up to 1st week in flowering:

Ingredients:

1. Dr. Woods Peppermint Castile Soap
2. Dr. Woods Tea Tree Castile Soap
3. 70% Alcohol (no higher)
4. Hydrogen Peroxide (1%)
5. Plain water

Mix 2 quarts warm water (not hot) with 1/4 cup Tea Tree Oil,1/4 quarter cup Peppermint Soap, 1 tablespoon peroxide and 1 cup alcohol. Over spray the shit out of everything. This is effective at killing every type of mite there is, including eggs. Use weekly (or every 4-5 days if you have a bad infestation). Lights must be off and room/plants MUST be cool. Don't run room fans for a few hours, but exhaust fan is fine. When everything is dry, you can put you lights back on. Room will have a wonderful peppermint smell for a couple of days, plants will look terrific.........
Hey man this is a cool recipe I’m going to give it a shot. You got me hooked with the pure crop 1 mention cause I love that shit.

question for you: is there anything you think you could ad to the mix to feed the plants while you’re spraying? Or will it all burn? Like some sort of amino, si, or calcium? I’m trying to find recipes that do both at once, figured I’d ask before diving into the ingredients / burning my plants experimenting. Either way I’m going to give it a shot, thanks again.

cannon1

cannon1

I’m making this post for the new people who are looking for knowledge from more experienced growers,

The 1 thing I wish I knew at the start was higher watts don’t mean higher yeild

Ppm is one of the most important things to keep track of
And what to be mindful of with PPM into flower?

NairnM16

NairnM16

And what to be mindful of with PPM into flower?
Early Flowering: 950 to 1000 PPM — As your plants grow, they need to eat more. PPM readings will reflect the particles in the increased nutrients. Mid-Stage Flowering: 1000 to 1100 PPM — Your plants' nutrient intake continues to increase at this stage.

Best to start off lower and slowly increase until u see a slight tip burn, then go back about 100 ppm, this will help u find out your plants ppm intake as all plants and phenos enjoy different amounts of nutes,

if your rdwc keep the ppm around 450-550 for better results,

I’d also run some pk booster around week 3/5 will increase your bud growth massively, hope this helps

Latest posts

Top Bottom