What is the best bulb?

• Thread starter Drizzle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
To be honest, I have tried, Horti's, Sunmaster, Ushio, Digilux, and Ultra Sun... I could not tell you which is better because there isn't a better bulb. I only buy $25 1k Ultra Sun bulbs now.. Saves me a lot of money.

:character0180:

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

I've been using almost solely ushio or sunpulse bulbs for 5 years now no plans on changing anytime soon. Sunpulse 10k bulbs mixed with ushio super red bulbs is the king shit mix of bulbs!!!!

purpleberry

purpleberry

Ive used hort and ushio next to plant max with no difference. Ive done whole runs with plant max that came out very good, even on the 4th run with them. I think i pay $40 for them. Id pay extra if i thought it was worth it. or if someone could prove it to me.

pork

pork

ultra sun, plant max....$30/1000w for each bulb...replace bulbs after each run or every two runs....all brands have roughly the same initial output and their intensity degrades over the same period of time (in most cases)...and with how HPS bulbs work, after 6 months of usage, you'd be lucky to be pumping 2/3 of the lumens compared to when new...So, basically, you should be replacing your bulbs, regardless of brand, every 2 runs...That's where the $30 bulb makes a huge difference...good luck

SweetTooth

SweetTooth

ultra sun, plant max....$30/1000w for each bulb...replace bulbs after each run or every two runs....all brands have roughly the same initial output and their intensity degrades over the same period of time (in most cases)...and with how HPS bulbs work, after 6 months of usage, you'd be lucky to be pumping 2/3 of the lumens compared to when new...So, basically, you should be replacing your bulbs, regardless of brand, every 2 runs...That's where the $30 bulb makes a huge difference...good luck

I will second that, you can run a plant max in a digi ballast with no worries too

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Man i bought a couple cases of the ultra sun bulbs from my friends shop and had a big problem with the bases cracking and blowing out. That said I still cant pass up the cheap price and wide kelvin range. I still have a dozen 10k ultra sun bulbs sittin in my closet.

I tend to run ushios but add another light and ended up having to use a hortilux. the lux output was less than the ushio by about 10% at the same distance. interestingly, the hortilux has a very blue light. still flowering and running a different strain under the ushios so I can't say the impact on yield. obviously having a par meter would be nice, but lux works for me

OGONLY

OGONLY

Hortilux super HPS and Quantum digital ballasts kill it. I go 4 rounds per bulb and killer results every time. Never had a blow out or had to change a bulb mid grow. Thank God, what a pain that would be. Worth every penny and more.

dankworth

dankworth

I'm trying to get them for 65, shiiiit

Plantlightinghydroponics has digilux 1k MHs for 54.90. I have one right now, on a used magnetic, and holy shit is it bright. Brightest MH I have seen. I dig the color output as well.
Those Gavita hps are supposed to be best at PAR watts by a fair bit, even over hortilux. But they are all red, so they must be balanced by a blue light to the canopy as well.
Hortilux is supposed to have better par watts than digilux, I do not like their prices.

squarepusher

squarepusher

Digilux i believe have the highest lumens, at 155,000 for the HPS

I am partial to their bulbs

Venom818

Venom818

Plantlightinghydroponics has digilux 1k MHs for 54.90. I have one right now, on a used magnetic, and holy shit is it bright. Brightest MH I have seen. I dig the color output as well.
Those Gavita hps are supposed to be best at PAR watts by a fair bit, even over hortilux. But they are all red, so they must be balanced by a blue light to the canopy as well.
Hortilux is supposed to have better par watts than digilux, I do not like their prices.

do you use digilux bro,my boy was just telling me he's going to try them out he always uses hortiluxb so do i

Top Bottom