What Is The Best Light Dep Greenhouse On The Market?

• Thread starter MendoGiantZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blaze

Blaze

High temps during flower really aren't that big of a deal with a greenhouse unless you start getting into the triple digits in my experience. As long as you aren't drying in 90+ temps the smells comes out just fine. Our new one will have an evaporative cooling wall so we should be able to keep it under 90 in the future though.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

You were right we chopped that place right before it got over 100 and the quality was still awesome. We are sitting out until the end of August probably because it is like 110 in there right now. We need some a/c

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

You were right we chopped that place right before it got over 100 and the quality was still awesome. We are sitting out until the end of August probably because it is like 110 in there right now. We need some a/c
Yup way to hot to bad they do not make auto top openers like foot ball stadiums lol anyways here is my Diy green house..
Only thing that costed me was the green house poly made balanced window openers incase it gets to hot as for light dep its manual set up
but its solar powered :) one day when my new house projects are done , You know got to keep the wife and kids happy so its been landscape this year and many black finger nails i am going to lose as well as fucking Cuts n bruises
Not bad for first time :)
Gallery 11738 5402 42880
IMG3206
IMG3389
IMG3948
IMG4026
IMG3992
IMG3993
but have shit load of land to eventually put couple serious top end light dep green houses
On parents farm we have the bad boy green houses but we start seeds in march so oil heating is a must , we use meshed black canvas sure helps keeping temp in check during the day
Gallery 11738 5402 42880
IMG3206
IMG3389

Blaze

Blaze

Cool, so was this the first harvest in the Gro Tech GH?

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

Cool, so was this the first harvest in the Gro Tech GH?
Yeah all in all it was good. Only problem was those shitty tarps light leaking. It is hard to notice because they didn't separate right away. It took a while of opening and closing. It also was not very noticeable since the inner and outer layer of the tarp were good. Just the center layer pulled back from the hemmed edges about a foot.
We are supposed to be getting new tarps soon and then be back at it at the end of summer

R

robz

RIMOL greenhouses look pretty good. We just got quoted 47k for a 30x60 with automated light dep. fans, furnaces, co2 & pretty much the works for our Oregon Rec. Grow.

wesk

wesk

We're going with the Gro-Tech, Sierra series, light dep mo frankie (including all the environmental controls and controller). Can't wait for construction to start, but have to cause there's a _lot_of prep needed first. Will be starting that right after I get back from my fishing trip.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Decide on something? I have a 10k, 100 light greenhouse on the ready at Farmtek. Laws need to open up before I drop 700k however.

wesk

wesk

Our greenhouse materials are due next week. We ended up going with the NextG3N commercial gable structure. Pretty sure we ended up with the greenhouse that is the best fit for me...I'm stoked any old way (for lots of related and unrelated reasons). Everyone I talked to mentioned Conley, and these are purpose-built cannabis greenhouses from the Conley plant. I hesitate to call them a Conley greenhouse, since they aren't and don't call themselves that, but they are structurally similar and the guys know what they're doing (as did Gro-Tech). Best part is I have zero qualms about working with them.

I'll be taking and posting pictures. As everyone knows this is _not_ the best time of year to be building anything in The PNW, so I'm expecting it to take a full six weeks and I'll be happy if we're done in eight. Construction starts in Jan/Feb...I know, right...sucks for them.

I used to be a carpenter (different era), and know enough to know my limitations. I found a builder with the help of NextG3N who I'm happy with. I expect this decision to be almost as important in the end as the manufacturer (almost). If I were young, I'd definitely look into getting my foot in the GH construction bidness...these guys are slammed with work. If you're good there can be travel, and it's construction work so there's more than just a living wage involved. What's not to like about that? Oh yeah, building a f$#%ing greenhouse in the middle of an Oregon winter. Sorry guys.

jimmywall

jimmywall

I can second Emerald Kingdom as worth it, they hold up and have (surprisingly) good customer service which you may end up needing more than you think.

I don't like Farmtek at all. I got a carport from them a while back which was total shi#t, started to fall apart too quickly and (semi literally) broke down and blew away. Admittedly circumstantial and maybe their greenhouses are amazing, so I'll just leave it at that.

I'll also suggest WeatherPort light dep, with the caveat that I only have personal experience with their standard form greenhouses (which I loved). Might be worth at least investigating their light deprivation builds, which have the rather nifty advantage of being fully automated which keep in mind a lot of these other builds don't.

wesk

wesk

I said I’d post some pics so here they are (if I figured out how to do this right). The material was delivered a couple of weeks ago, there have been a few more pieces delivered since. Lights are next and they're going someplace drier.
Greenhouse pieces small

The greenhouse is going on this pad with the exhaust fans and the bolts; the barn is being remodeled for processing.
Pad barn small

Five smoking buckets. That’s a lot of bolts.
Five smoking barrels small

The view into the lower pasture.
Lower pasture small

Plenty to do before the builder shows up. We have no lack of work over the next four months or so.

iKharon

iKharon

Hey everyone, I am looking to invest in a new light deprivation greenhouse.. I want it to be 30x60x15- and have the blackout plastic be fully automated... What are the best companies to order from in the northern california area??? What other things should I consider when buying one??
Check out FFG

Menehune

Menehune

I am sure you have tried this and all, but it that hill exist already where you flattened out the greenhouse, and the city/county wants a retaining wall......well the answer to that is existing non conforming. Not sure why that matters anyway, because any greenhouse will have to have hills leveled...... However, I am sure you know everything I just said.

That is why I really like Farmtek. They will help speck anything the county throws at you. I bought a poly tunnel type thing from farmtek, and I love mine. It's been perfect, and paid for itself 10x.

I will check out grow tech, but it sounds like if permitting isn't an issue, Farmtek and Conley are the way to go?

What about just digging out a hole in the hill where the greenhouse goes? Need 3ft retaining wall then dig 3ft deep haha.

No but seriously, I don't know your exact situation but it's worked for others I know.

So, back to the topic... can someone please identify the manufacturer of these fixed motors? They are the same ones listed in both humboltlight dep and emerald kingdom kits.

I'm trying really hard to do this myself...so easy if I could just find the motors!

You Doodle 2017 08 04T10 21 27Z
You Doodle 2017 08 04T11 04 20Z
SpiderK

SpiderK

that looks like an electric motor with reducer ( gear drive slowing it down / tork control )

the box below it on ground is just electrical.

if you call a manufacture and say you need some replacement parts. or ask for as much info as you can about speeds ect .... ask about rpm's. they use the same thing on portable pig cooker it turns the spit ...

AC GEARMOTOR, 4.1 RPM, TEFC, 115V
Z08uqzfo5oy

( link )

Last edited:
Menehune

Menehune

that looks like an electric motor with reducer ( gear drive slowing it down / tork control )

the box below it on ground is just electrical.

if you call a manufacture and say you need some replacement parts. or ask for as much info as you can about speeds ect .... ask about rpm's. they use the same thing on portable pig cooker it turns the spit ...

AC GEARMOTOR, 4.1 RPM, TEFC, 115V
View attachment 726678

( link )

I flippin found it! Yes! lol. ok so... just so everyone knows. Emerald Kingdom and Humbodltlightdep greenhouse auto dep kits come with this motor. They come from China and cost.... $15-$50/each! Haha.... minimum order of (10). So if you buy 10 @ $50 = $500 annnnnnd....you get 8 replacement motors if any of them ever go down.

Check it out:
Motor: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Electric-greenhouse-curtain-gear-winder-roll_60478942091.html
Emerald:
Humbodlt:

Props to @SpiderK for pointing me in the right direction. Love you bro/sis!

I hope this helps anyone else out who is looking to recreate the auto-blackout mechanism that many of the greenhouse companies are using.

Mucho Mahalo

SpiderK

SpiderK

try finding the " very best " equipment and pictures being produced for these automated greenhouses. then copy them ....

because they should have better structure ect for more idea's .....

im thinking the tarp will fold up, wrinkle in spots then let in leaks on edges over time. or does the large span of the greenhouse require a support so the center of the long rod w/ tarp does not sag causing massive pressure on the center of your structure. Because in a machine shop all the longer pieces / cylinders always have center support when turning .... so you might need a steel / metal support that holds the center true - its gonna be a stress point for sure over time.

Menehune

Menehune

try finding the " very best " equipment and pictures being produced for these automated greenhouses. then copy them ....

because they should have better structure ect for more idea's .....

im thinking the tarp will fold up, wrinkle in spots then let in leaks on edges over time. or does the large span of the greenhouse require a support so the center of the long rod w/ tarp does not sag causing massive pressure on the center of your structure. Because in a machine shop all the longer pieces / cylinders always have center support when turning .... so you might need a steel / metal support that holds the center true - its gonna be a stress point for sure over time.

It seems they are designed in a way that keeps the tarp taught. These are my thoughts from looking into this system:

The center of your blackout tarp is pinned to the center ridge (using emt or wood). The "flap" edges on either side of your greenhouse are attached to emt using wiggle wire and base channel. I feel like the weight of this emt roll bar is what pulls the tarp taught between the ridge and the side. In my case our greenhouse is 52ft long so the roll bar is slightly longer.

I can calculate the weight of my roll bar by taking the total weight of a 1ft section of the emt (whatever size I'm using) and multiplying it by the length of my greenhouse. Luckily my brother, who I'm growing with, is an engineer and can do the hard math on how much pounds of pressure this applies to the center ridge where the tarp is pinned.

In most situations I see people having issues with the end wall edge seam. Some growers have overcome this by extending their end-wall film about 2ft-4ft into the interior of the greenhouse along the top. This helps to dissolve any potential light leak. Vic versa the blackout tarp is cut about 2ft longer than the actual greenhouse.

I noticed in Emeralds design that the motor is mounted to a self adjusting pole. This means that the motor can move up and down at will according to gravity. Maybe the weight of the motor will also help to keep the tarp tight.

I have also seen people attach bungies from the bottom of the greenhouse on one side and up to the ridge. Besides the weight of the motor (and possibly added weights?) you would also have these bungies guides keeping your tarp pressed to the surface of your grow film.

So really, besides trying to innovate a bulletproof solution for light leaks at the edge seam near the end walls, I think it would work. The standard factors of the quality of blackout cover would apply and you would need to change it out when it gets worn out. Obviously I wont know until I get into it but I will 100% share my build as we set it up. Getting input from everyone will really help!

Here's a doodle:

View attachment Auto Black.pdf
Top Bottom