What Is The Best Light Dep Greenhouse On The Market?

• Thread starter MendoGiantZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Menehune

Menehune

Here's a pic for anyone sketched out by downloading a pdf ;)

Auto Black
Menehune

Menehune

@SpiderK I looked at the "very best" and I think people are over-engineering this...a little. Pulling tarp by hand works just fine but obviously takes effort, especially for larger greenhouses. Most of the complicated systems use internal blackout curtains and cabling. I'm looking for low cost, efficient, and easy (relatively).

These motors could be applied to so many functions too...I haven't even thought of it yet. Maybe I'll automate my air-lock lol.

Oh..and while I was sourcing materials myself to replicate emeralds greenhouse, i noticed that the price was already drastically lower. I went ahead and added hoops to beef up the structure itself and went with a larger gauge pipe. (Emerald = 3/4", Me = 1 1/2"). This cost savings also will allow me to spend more on my blackout covers. If I get high quality tarps/covers then this system will hold up better over time methinks.

I'm going to start a new thread when we begin construction. I'm just going to open source the whole build. Don't get me wrong, Emerald Kingdom is a great deal compared to their competitors. Monster Gardens is a great avenue to go through if your interested in just purchasing a kit. I think they are very fairly priced considering the cost of the materials and the hassle to go get your top hoops bent.

Still, when considering that you'll have to assemble that kit they send you anyway then might as well get the materials yourself and locally too. Or pay them way more to fly/drive out to you to assemble it for you. I source materials for a living so it just makes sense to get everything I need myself and build the dam thang. I can see myself paying the big bucks for a state-of-the-art setup in the future. For now, until the feds sort out the tax nonsense, ballin on a budget lol.

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

The guys over at Forever Flowering do a pretty nice job if you're looming for a one stop solution

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

Give my boys over at Forever Flowering a call. Extremely professional and quality work. Also, blackout curtains are not plastic when you start getting into gutter connected instead of hoop houses

jaredman

jaredman

I can't believe nobody has mentioned next gen. This is a canna specific greenhouse company by the son of connelys greenhouses. They are the best at fully integrating all aspects from rolling benches, trellis, light dep, lighting, and cooling. Check them out

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

I can't believe nobody has mentioned next gen. This is a canna specific greenhouse company by the son of connelys greenhouses. They are the best at fully integrating all aspects from rolling benches, trellis, light dep, lighting, and cooling. Check them out
They're definitely good, but I wouldn't say they're necessarily the best out there

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

If Conleys is the best and they are the same greenhouse with better add ons who builds a better one?
Systems USA has done right by us on this project, but that is only 280,000 sq ft of flowering.
There are a lot of companies out there banging out some seriously advanced gutter connected greenhouses

IMG 2019
DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

If Conleys is the best and they are the same greenhouse with better add ons who builds a better one?
I've definitely seen some nice Nexus spots. GGS has also built some absolute monsters. There are a ton out there that just don't flaunt their cannabis projects because it's still frowned upon by a lot of the agricultural world

SpiderK

SpiderK

the pic i posted was just from kubo's website. that set up would be for tomatoes, kubo has the largest cali greenhouse for those already ... tomatoe production.

the real art comes in regarding bug control , nutrient delivery, environmental co2 controls ect ....and the reason a smaller kubo still cost 25 million.

my buddy grows orchids in his totally different environment. he controls clones ( 100,000 new orchid clones per week ) then it goes on for 8 months, 5 climate zones during an orchids stay in his greenhouse. total it was 22 million in 2005 then another 30 million as it now covers 28 hectares. then selling now after upgrade 300,00 8 month old plants per week into market place in europe)

so be very careful spending money. because this is whats coming.

the bug controlling....., nutrient delivery / environmental delivery systems within these elite greenhouses can't be beat. so the guys in the one, two million dollar green houses will soon be in the same boat as black market basement guys regarding price / profit / per sq meter , quality...... bug issues are gone at this level .... just as strict testing/chem's now unfolding.

Last edited:
Top Bottom