What is the best PH meter?

• Thread starter DankNugz420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madmax

Madmax

Decided to check the blu lab soil pen last nite ph 7.0 it was spoton checked in 4.0 and it was 4.7..LOL..so i recalibrated it to 7.0 yep perfect tried 4.0 and...nope err is coming up.so sleaned it again..nope not working ..this is where i started swearing going off haha.so had a couple caps..f%^#@ thing still not working.so went to store today..... the C/%#@S shut more swearing so came home and checked the pen again...WOOHOO she working...LOL.

Madmax

Madmax

Woo.i cant remember the soil pen working that fast..
Do you guys store the blu lab pen upright instead of laying down..just thinking if the storage solution would run out of the hole..

MattyC

MattyC

Milwaukee MW802 best meter on market. Never needs calibration even though I always check it. I see so many bluelab returns and always recommended the mw802 and I've never heard anyone complain after that purchase. Besides the guys at milwaukee have great customer service and been doing it for years.

shitwinds

shitwinds

for hydro

i tried the vivosun and had the same issues of fluctuating and used the general hydro liquids to confirm the pens inaccuracy........i switched to the apera and it seems to have cured the fluctuations........but seeing as how important ph is, im going to upgrade, prolly bluelab guardian wall mount so i can just look at the monitor instead of using a pen in a cup

MattyC

MattyC

Hanna is new to me but I see alot of ppl switching over to them. I work at a grow shop and we have been starting to sell their products out of request for them.

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
I use a Milwaukee and it’s very basic, but better than the cheap ones on amazon. I’m at least able to calibrate it with a tool instead of pre programmed crap. Really want me a blue labs next

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

Bluelab all the way. It's expensive but you get what you pay for. Why save money on something that could potentially effect your entire crop.

gristle

gristle

Kicking up an older thread to save a new one.
My trusty Hanna 9813 probe is acting up. Had it 15+ years, original probe, with no problems. The replacement probe is nearly $200 so I am debating something different.
Does anyone run a continous pH meter that can offer feedback? Pros and cons they have experienced. On the fence about buying probe that I know is accurate and low fuss vs slightly cheaper but new unit( blue lab or Milwaukee) vs a continuous meter I can just leave in resv.

Top Bottom