what is the best powder nutrients to use on a commercial size grow

• Thread starter Techs221
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Techs221

Techs221

Hello
I am trying to get input from you guys to see what is the best powder nutrients to use on a commercial size grow. I have done small personal grows using the general hydroponics flora in the past but I have seen the powder bases is better for large scale grows.
thanks

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

Hello
I am trying to get input from you guys to see what is the best powder nutrients to use on a commercial size grow. I have done small personal grows using the general hydroponics flora in the past but I have seen the powder bases is better for large scale grows.
thanks

I use jacks 321 & I love it, I go thru 10 gallons of nutes per day & with jacks its damn cheap. I do supplement it with humic acid, silica, microbes & enzymes. No complaints what so ever! I'm sure veg+bloom or even General Hydro's powder maxi gro & maxibloom would be just as good

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

In traditional food production greenhouses, typically you would send a water sample to a manufacturer and they would make a specific dry blend to match your source water. I imagine this is or will become standard practice in large scale production facilities.

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
JR Peters and Med-Tek tailors custom fertilizers based on water and tissues samples. There's not an off-the-shelf retail product that is going to get you dialed in better than a company that will do that for you.

B

Burned Haze

Brand choice= Grow More/Mendocino producer choice (it’s one company, mendo is their liquid side, GM = DRY )

I compared jacks and a few other brands but man grow more has the plan and I must say, it def works and def in my price range !

only negative vs jr peters is the company got bought out by Hawthorne, but their quality and costumer service is still the same as when they were independent (Same tech reps )

a great commercial tip:
Use pond zyme!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000OVCI2S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_DoXuEbCXKEFBY

I would 2x ( the companies reps told me I can use as much as I want I’ve used up to 4x their slugged rate ) the rate suggested, you can get 16,000 gallons what they state, so 8,000 gallons for bucks. You tell me find a enzyme at the hydro store that’s equal price and equal quality

Last edited by a moderator:
BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
only negative vs jr peters is the company got bought out by Hawthorne, but their quality and costumer service is still the same as when they were independent (Same tech reps )

In 1995, federal regulators told Scotts to sell the Peters Professional retail line or face anti-trust laws. They bought it back and are again family owned.

BigCube

BigCube

In traditional food production greenhouses, typically you would send a water sample to a manufacturer and they would make a specific dry blend to match your source water. I imagine this is or will become standard practice in large scale production facilities.

It should be. There are a lot of people trying to start something big, but have done absolutely zero research on what it a tually takes to do something on this scale.

If you're on a forum asking basic questions, if should be a HEAVY indication that you are nowhere near suited or ready to do something of this magnitude.

Just the way I see it. Food for thought.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
It should be. There are a lot of people trying to start something big, but have done absolutely zero research on what it a tually takes to do something on this scale.

If you're on a forum asking basic questions, if should be a HEAVY indication that you are nowhere near suited or ready to do something of this magnitude.

Just the way I see it. Food for thought.

100%.

I'm sure the greater majority of us would love to have the opportunity to run commercial scale ops.

The truth is cannabis is still decades behind commercial ag simply because it's still federally illegal. Add to it the whole organic/vegan/all-natural mentality a lot of growers have and suddenly you have this battle of ethics and morals leading to cognitive dissonance. Case in point: look at sustainably running a fully organic, commercial scale veggie op. The numbers don't work without massive markup.

Asking square one questions on a forum is a massive indicator of (a) lack of research, (b) instability in decision making, and (c) sheer inexperience, which at scale will lead to massive financial loss.

Not to be hating, but I've seen it in startups and I've seen a lot of people come on here with grandiose ideas, investing tens to hundreds of thousands into warehouses and greenhouses to just fall off with the sad reality that they ran out of cash/didn't plan for x, y, z/had too many questions still when they should've been executing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom