What is the best recipe for cannabis butter?

• Thread starter gdnoob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

• ----

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ----

• ----

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gdnoob

I plan on using a 1/2 lb of clarified butter (ghee) from whole foods and 14 grams of dank. That being said, which one of these recipes should i use?

I have my own house so time and or smell is no problem

E

edux10

im not going to read all them links, but best way to do it is to make oil first then put that oil in budder and make something with the budder.

If you cant make oil, just boil the weed and budder together with a little water for a while, and strain it thru a cheesecloth and freeze that shit.

EDIt: oh yeah, do like 1oz to one stick i you can.

F

Fracked

I read all three of these and the 2nd and 3rd ones seem to have the best chance for success. I have had great luck with almost the exact same thing as item 2. I have ne ver cooked it that long thoug so I am not sure if 22 hours vs 4 hours really gets you much bank for the buck.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
I added vanilla to my butter last time it really helped with the smell and even the taste a bit. I just was taught a way to purify it also. make the butter like normal put in fridge. once it hardens take it out pour excess water and scrape bottom of chunk. then put block into hot water so it melts stir it around. put back in fridge until it hardens. keep repeating until most contaminants are gone. I'm gonna try it my next run see how it does.

edit for spelling

Blaze

Blaze

^^ It works really well. Helps a lot with the funky flavor. I was amazed how much crap was actually left in my butter just separating it one time.

The best way to hide the flavor though is with a good recipe =)

E

edux10

i still say make BHO. makes it soooooo much easier, and not messy at all. Not to mention the treats are a lot stronger and purer. Not having to deal with plant matter/chlorophyll is awesome. I have been hearing to heat treat the BHO prior to making food to activate THC and make them a LOT stronger. Im still messing around with it, only down side is seeing soo much BHO go into a treat when i would want to vape it.

Blaze

Blaze

Yeah if you are using hash it helps a lot to still heat it in the presence of some fat. Lately if using hash I still bind it to butter or oil and then use that.

E

EZnot

unlike jelly, you can go ahead and squeeze the cheesecloth that the cooked butter is in. Have had some in the fridge for almost a year and it's still good and potent. I use it in banana bread, cookies, and fudge, anything that calls for at least a 1/2 cup of butter.

M

mrhouston907

I like to use bho as well, way more potent, and tastes alot better.

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

sugar cookies use 1 cup of butter to 3 cups of flower :D lots of butter for cookies

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

i think hands down the best way to make butter will be to just melt loose powdery kief right into the butter with no water. this way there is no plant matter to turn the butter green or add that nasty flavor! i know some guys use oil or hash but keif is the easiest to make and i think it will produce the cleanest end result. l've not tried this yet but i have many lbs of trim waiting for me to quit being lazy and build a tumbler for this very reason.

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
1 1/2 oz bud per lb of danish or european butter as it has a much high fat content. Fill the crockpot the rest of the way with water. This will remove the chlorophyl. Slow cook on warm setting 3-5 days. After a few days the water and material will turn brown another day after that happens and strain and squeeze material good to remove all the oils. Put in fridge until hard. Pour off water and scrape bottom of dark layer. You will be left with a very strong light green light flavoured butter. The low and slow method allows the time needed for the plant matter to break down and decarbolize.

hiboy

hiboy

just made some
in crock pot
1 lb butter.
one ounce
5 cups water
On low 12 hrs stirring every hlf hr.\
pour thru cheese cloth into bowl and put in refridgerator for 24 hrs
drain excess
awesome

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Can u use vegetable spread or does it have to be real butter?

hiboy

hiboy

Dont know that one mitten, but i will tell ya what happened to me in Vegas Superbowl weekend. Made teh butter in the crockpot, put like 2 oz in per lb of butter. I got my ass kicked with just one cookie. Fuckin crushed me, was done. period. Now im too frickin chicken to eat them anymore. Gona stick to a nice crips B-rip.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Just talked to my buddie that gave me the day ending sugar cookies. Says he uses country crock veg spread. Off to the kitchen to make some budder. Hiboy I have to say a good couple cookies will wreck me. I ate two before a flight to Dallas and was fd up before we took off. Interesting flight.

hiboy

hiboy

Just talked to my buddie that gave me the day ending sugar cookies. Says he uses country crock veg spread. Off to the kitchen to make some budder. Hiboy I have to say a good couple cookies will wreck me. I ate two before a flight to Dallas and was fd up before we took off. Interesting flight.

thats frickin funny mitten. Looks like you were flying hiiiiiiiii
i use to think more the merrier but not anymore. felt like a bad trip on shrooms from the old days.

M

mellokitty

i'm partial to the oven set on 'warm' rather than a stovetop element. the heat distribution is more even that way. alternately, you can take your covered mixture and leave it in a sunny spot for the day.
i recently bought a handheld sieve/press thingy from ikea for $12 and i don't know how i lived without it before. (i think it's actually for jam-making, looks like a garlic-press on steroids) (i also tend to make 5 or 6lbs at a time -- lots o' squeezin)

@ mitten: anything with a high fat content will do, you can use any kind of edible oil. i've had great success with olive, grapeseed, and pure coconut (i really like the pure coconut for my vegan bakers because it resolidifies into a butter-like consistency at room temp).

right now i'm experimenting with high-fat creams for confectionaries (i live down the street from a dairy). the canna-cream isn't quite as potent as cannabutter (for obvious reasons), but now i have a liquid to use in recipes that don't call for added fat. among the projects i'm working on right now are real canna-whipped cream and canna-devon cream. experiments galore with cream of tartar and soy lecithin. the local 2-legged guinea pigs are pretty happy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom