What Is The Best Way To Camo A Plant Grown Outdoors?

• Thread starter EventHorizan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I just want some food for thought. I have a setup inside and am perfectly happy with that. But I got a buddy I have known for a long time that is a good hard working honest guy. I trust him. With that said, I have told no one of my indoor grow and will continue to keep it that way. But I would like to share my passion of growing with him and allow him to enjoy the life cycle of this beautiful plant, along with the enjoyment of tasting the fruits of your own labor. So here is my question.
How would the best way to grow 2 plants outside by our favorite fishing hole which is quite secluded as is most strip pits and outer coal mine areas, meaning just off the coal mine's property. Would I be better to leave them in like 7 gallon grow sacks or put them in the ground. I will just start 2 clones inside around feb and top the shit out of them till i can put them outside. And at that point, i will take them to the woods. Any advice would be appreciated. And if they need to survive on there own for a week at a time after that, is there a better soil mixture i should use to handle me not being able to tend to them as often?
And lastly, camo? What is the best way to keep prying eyes off my plants?

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

this way
IMG4168
IMG3732

BudBogart

BudBogart

In the ground, best soil you can muster, grown amongst other plants of similar color. Important...make certain the background plants will camo all season, not just spring greenery. Recover your planting holes so they blend back in.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

That is really nice camo you got there. I see you only got it getting sun for half a day like that tho. and that's enough? Eventho you can walk up to them under full canopy that way.

In the ground would be better for watering.
If in pots you might be watering twice a week or so.
Try planting around Bamboo if you can,it gives pretty good hiding.
STR8
Exactly what I figured I would hear.
In the ground, best soil you can muster, grown amongst other plants of similar color. Important...make certain the background plants will camo all season, not just spring greenery. Recover your planting holes so they blend back in.

Good point there, as some plants will die off quicker or thin out as the season changes. Now that was something I didn't think of! Kudos for that!

M

MamaBear

Plant them in a raspberry patch. Raspberry leaves look slightly similar, and not many people or animals are willing to climb through thorns to get at your plants.
Virginia Creeper vine is good too.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

I think the harder the spot is to get to is the best way to keep people away. We used to make a crawl path through some berries to make it difficult for people to get to. Kinda a pain but when u go to your plants you want to have a little privacy. Bring out some nutrients and mix them into the ground and plant. Use some rat traps as well

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I used that technique once, in the middle of a patch of thorn bushes and you actually had to climb under the plants. I had thrown some seeds in a 25 gallon planter that set outside my in ground pool, when I first bought my house. The water in the pool had been in there for 3 years. It had tad poles living in it, wit a foot of compost at the bottom of a 20 x 40 pool. Anyway I just threw some seeds in a planter and dumped 3 gallons of that water from the pool on them, and just went on about fixing the house so we could move in. But when I came back 2 weeks later they had grown to about 8' high and looked awesome. To this day I have never had plants take off so well. Anyway My wife at the time made me get rid of them fast! So I took them to the woods where I hunted, and put them in the ground. Came every week, and watered. Killed the males and left the females to just grow. I didn't know nothing about topping so they just grew straight up. When they were taller than me, I tied them all out and down like an umbrella. You could walk under the plants like you was under an umbrella. Was pretty cool to look at, but very stupid for trying to hide it. 3 weeks into flower, and when I came to check them out, they were cut a foot up from the ground. I think they spotted them from the scout plane that I know now spends our precious tax money out here looking for my few plants, when they could be worrying about all that Mexican shit weed coming across the border! Anyway so I relate to what you said.

BudBogart

BudBogart

For many, many years I dreamt of having a place with lots of blackberries where I could tunnel in and make a pot garden. We finally got just the place. After we settled in we learned "everybody" else around here just grows it in their garden where they get lots of sun, water and care. How times have changed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom