What is the highest quality grow tent

• Thread starter fractal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fractal

fractal

Looking for a 4x8 most likely. Want something heavy duty, industrial zippers and aluminium or steel frame. Something made in USA that does not offgass, what is the best tent on the market?

EveryOneSmokes

EveryOneSmokes

Secret jardin's DR series are very dope... But don't think there US made I believe there made in Spain..
They have tough zippers and little light leaks you might have to double check once assembled, I did notice at the corners you can get small light leaks from the stitching .. No off gassing they have a reflective
Inside coating, don't recall what they call it, similar to Mylar ..

fractal

fractal

Did some reading up on tents because I have never used one before. I was surprised it looks like a good 4x8 tent will cost almost $600. Gorilla, and HydroHut look to be the best with all metal frames. Secret Jardin is a little cheaper but has plastic corners on the frames and doesn't support as much weight hanging from the frame.

EveryOneSmokes

EveryOneSmokes

Is the gorilla a new brand? i haven't had the need for another tent..curious to know might upgrade.. ;)
Thanks for the info..

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

EOS is spot on about the Secret Jardin, they are super nice and they have one of the best zippers i've came across.. I'm currently using a smaller 3x3 secret jardin they do well for me and love it, i'm using them with a sun system 6"coolsun hood and 4 fans and are still nice sturdy even with the plastic connects ... i've used a hydrohut silver edition for a long time and those are heavy duty for sure.. the frames are all metal and have a ball baring that will snap in place and are very sturdy... The downside is the zippers aren't as nice as the Secret Jardin's and take longer to setup and breakdown, but still way better then other brands, no off gassing from both brands and are light proof enough.. I'd stay away from homebox or growlabs, those aren't as nice imo.

fractal

fractal

Gorilla tents look super nice, and have some features that other brands don't. It comes down to hydrohut or gorilla for me. Same price for a 4x8. And the gorilla comes with a 12" height extension kit and the floor liner is the best in the industry. You could use the floor as a flood tray basically, just put pots down and feed by pouring water on the floor though I'm not going to be doing that. But leak proof is a huge necessity, so that might be the thing that makes me go for a Gorilla tent.

pussOGbrah

pussOGbrah

bro sunhut all the way i have a couple 4x8 and a couple 4x4. they kick ass what more would u need.

foo

foo

I used to run the Hydro Hut Silver Edition and loved it until the stitching started unraveling after 6 months. Could have been a lemon but that's my experience.

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

Them Gorilla tents do look pretty damn nice, I might have to look into those when I get my next tent.. I like what they have to offer, and i'm diggin the extension...

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Gorilla tents look super nice, and have some features that other brands don't. It comes down to hydrohut or gorilla for me. Same price for a 4x8. And the gorilla comes with a 12" height extension kit and the floor liner is the best in the industry. You could use the floor as a flood tray basically, just put pots down and feed by pouring water on the floor though I'm not going to be doing that. But leak proof is a huge necessity, so that might be the thing that makes me go for a Gorilla tent.
well I have a 4x8 hydrohut, a 4x8 gorilla , and a 4x4 or might be 5x5 secret jardin, in reality the best choice is gonna be different for everyone, I really like secret jardins 5x5s's b/c all the different styles they have and overall it's good construction, the hydrohut gets the job the job done and has a removable inner section allowing you to convert the 4x8 to 2 seperate 4x4's, the fram is quite sturdy in the HH in comparison to secret jardin, and maybe a little less sturdy then the gorilla, but both use pretty much the same tubing. also after 3 years the mylars on the inside of the HH has begun to flake off here and there, nothing bad but something i noticed. I have also beat the shit outta that tent over the years so take that into account, the gorillas are pretty much the hydrohuts redone, The gorilla is a bit more sturdy and seems somewhat better put together, but i just got th gorilla where as the hydro hut is the old old model, the new models of HH and gorilla seem to me to be almost equal.....hope this helps ...goodluck

BudLightyear

BudLightyear

I happen to have a 5x5 Gorilla so I think I can answer some of your questions.

Gorilla is a California Company. The shipping box my tent came in said made in PRC. (No Clue What That Is)
The tent came packaged in a carrying case made of the same tent material - huge long rectangle duffle bag.
The tent can increase in height in 12" or 24" sections. I have a 12" addition and it is really convenient for 6' tall people.
I have hung from the top poles with my Raptor 8" and it held no problem - 250 lbs
It is very thick and is quite heavy material, I guess I got lucky because I have zero light leaks.
The floor liner is slippery as all hell when wet - similar to ice
The pocket is handy, but rather small and depending on layout unused most likely.
Ducting is easy with a horizontal reflector and has large holes for decent ducting.

I like mine and want another 5x5. Any other questions feel free to ask.

urbanfog

urbanfog

having tried generic tents, and gromedics the one thing Ill say is go with metal corners. The plastic roof brackets break down after 9-12 months and become brittle and need to be replaced. Only real complaint Ive had with lower end tents

D

Dulce

Htg.com= Agromax tents.

Super under the radar but all steel poles and corners with some really good design features and much cheaper than comparable tents ( 10x10 for $499!!).

ken dog

ken dog

I have a Lighthouse, a Secret Jardin, and an AgroMax.

the AgroMax leaks the most light, & I would not use it for flower.
The Secret Jardin is the most light proof, and is an excellent tent for flower.
The Lighthouse is a close second to the Secret Jardin, but the zippers are nowhere near as nice.

the Lighthouse and the Secret Jardin have double tubes for vents and wires, whereas the AgroMax has flaps, and adapters that must be attached to the tent, before a vent can be run out through it.

I doubt I will buy another AgroMax... if I had bought it for flower, I would have been very disappointed with the light leaks. I use it for veg only.

Top Bottom