What Is The Maximum Number Of Clones You Can Cut From A Mother Plant ?

• Thread starter CannaMorocco
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CannaMorocco

Easy answer and it was already given but I assume because english isnt your first language you didnt understand. U can cut as many as the plant gives you with no adverse effect on the mother plant. I cut 1000 cuts off of 12 mothers 2 weeks ago and the plants are fine and will be able to be cut again soon. If I were you I'd be more worried about cloning untested seed varieties
@CannaMorocco
Respuesta fácil y ya se dio, pero supongo que porque el inglés no es su primer idioma, no lo entendió. U puede cortar tantos como la planta no le dé ningún efecto adverso en la planta madre. Corté 1000 cortes de 12 madres hace 2 semanas y las plantas están bien y se podrán volver a cortar pronto. Si yo fuera usted, estaría más preocupado por la clonación de variedades de semillas no probadas.
Thank you for you detailed answer , As you said 1000 cut off from 12 mothers , that means something like 80 clones each mother , being cut at once ?
Can you tell us when they could be ready to be cut again ?
I used to buy untested seeds because they are cheaper . But now i'm planning to buy from Dinafem and cut my own clones.

C

CannaMorocco

They will still be untested. If I were u I'd buy seeds pop all of em kill the males and then take a few clones off each female. Flower the plants and keep the clones of ur favorite plant. Also it isnt as much a time thing as much as it is a visual thing. When my mothers have more cuts to be taken and I need to take cuts then I'll take em. Not everything can be quantified into time
Thank you. I appreciate it.
The problem here is that we grow huge quantities something like 20k plants , to decrease charges i'm thinking about going with clones instead of seeds.
For example :
Starting with 3 greenhouses , each one have 50 mothers , then start cutting till i get to the number of cuts you said 80 , so : 80x50x3=12000 clones
Can this work ?

Instead of buying 20k seed for 16k Euro, you only buy 200 for 1600€ plus cloning trays for 6000€ that I can use next year.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

I can’t help but feel you are getting ahead of yourself.. have you grown before? This sounds like a big endeavour If you haven’t, but i guess you could be the accountant for all I know

C

CannaMorocco

I can’t help but feel you are getting ahead of yourself.. have you grown before? This sounds like a big endeavour If you haven’t, but i guess you could be the accountant for all I know
From seeds ?? Sure. I've been growing for 3 years , but it is my first time with clones

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
This is actually a case where plant tissue culture cloning would be ideal.

ethcan

ethcan

You can think of "how many clones can you cut off of a mother plant" in terms of percentage. As a rule of thumb, I usually take about 50% of the shoots from my mother plant when taking clones. I find that on occasion they will be stressed and stunted for a few days, but usually they almost immediately look super happy shortly after that.

Seems as though they appreciate it. I follow up a heavy cloning session with a foliar spray of B1 and Canna Rhizotonic to help them be as stress free as possible.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Has anyone messed with plant tissue culture cloning? Kind of an interesting topic. Could be the future of cloning. Would be interested if anyone here has done it successfully.

Yeah something I have always been interested in. Just not a ton of info out there for us less inclined type of people. Was following a dude on the instaham for a while that was doing it but sadly he just turned into the sterotypical meme's and talking shit on other peoples genetics while trying to push his POS shit and didn't really have a lot of info out there after that.

If you ever see the "Mythical Lemon Cake" bullshit you know exactly who I am talking about.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah something I have always been interested in. Just not a ton of info out there for us less inclined type of people. Was following a dude on the instaham for a while that was doing it but sadly he just turned into the sterotypical meme's and talking shit on other peoples genetics while trying to push his POS shit and didn't really have a lot of info out there after that.

If you ever see the "Mythical Lemon Cake" bullshit you know exactly who I am talking about.

Ahh damn that sucks. If the kits weren’t so expensive I’d give it a go. But sadly I don’t have the coin to drop on a maybe experiment at the moment.

T

TC Guy

Ahh damn that sucks. If the kits weren’t so expensive I’d give it a go. But sadly I don’t have the coin to drop on a maybe experiment at the moment.
What would you like to know about cannabis tissue culture? That's what I do.

Dbear180

Dbear180

An entire breakdown of the basics. Teach us as if we know nothing lol. Nice to see this post come back!

Top Bottom