What is the most powerful strains for sleep?

I'm looking for strains that their main effect is they knock an insomniac to sleep. What strains would fit this category and why?

Totally go with an over ripe (mostly amber trichs ) indica strain. Decarb first and make butter helps me sleep more than smoking

Old weed. THC converts to CBN over time, which is why old stuff always makes you fall asleep. I make a Harlequin (CBD) gummy that's pretty good for sleep. The caveat is that it doesn't make you sleepy. Instead it seems to keep you asleep once you're down. So not sure how that translate to insomnia where you can't get to bed. Do a little reading on CBN and then look for a strain with it. The problem is that the CBN isn't produced by the plant, it only happens when the THC degrades. But you can still find product that is sold as high CBN, but you can't grow a high CBN plant.

And I agree with SmokerBwah, editable is better then smoking for sleep.

Last edited:
I have had insomnia and in the long run edibles work best but sometimes it take hours to get the desired effects.
Black Domina is my #1 strain for insomnia with Afgoo,Romulan,Herijuana also putting you down.

I have had insomnia and in the long run edibles work best but sometimes it take hours to get the desired effects.
Black Domina is my #1 strain for insomnia with Afgoo,Romulan,Herijuana also putting you down.
I totally agree on Herijuana. One of the most narcotic cultivars that I have ever run. Woodhorse is still selling those seeds. I spoke with him not too long ago. I might pick some up at some point. I have never ran a pure Romulan, but have grown it in a fuckton of hybrids. Positive vibes...

~nugzz