What Is The Peak Ppm In Flower Everyone Hits?

• Thread starter slimjimham
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
slimjimham

slimjimham

Just trying to see what the peak ppm everyone is hitting in flower?

I know lots of guys go no higher than 300/350ppm on a 500 scale. If so are you just running this ppm throughout flower or starting week 1 even lower like 200ppm?

slimjimham

slimjimham

No doubt, surprised this forum doesn't get much action... It's the one place specifically for rdwc/current culture systems

I think I'm going to run one system at like 350ppm on the 500 scale (250 to start)

And see how they do with that, if they're asking for more I'll give it.

Anyone else?

Thanks

ken dog

ken dog

I try to start at .2 EC (100 on 500 scale), and by the time I flip, I want to be at .3 EC (150), and by the time I'm done with stretch I want to be at least .5 (250) maybe .6 EC (300) and at peak Bloom I want to be at the most, .7 EC (350).

Last edited:
ken dog

ken dog

You risk major burn when you put the EC that high (1.8-2.1) in an undercurrent system that has a high concentration of dissolved oxygen.

slimjimham

slimjimham

@ken dog I like what in hearing from you, like me I assume you have 0ppm RO water you're using in your systems, how much calmag are you using (I'm currently using 4ml per gallon of magical but going to dial it down to 1ml per gallon with the low ppm schedule)

Also I have a float connected to ro for topoff to keep the levels consistent, is this what you're doing?

ken dog

ken dog

I have a float valve, but I don't use a dedicated top off Reservoir anymore... as I found that it gets funky after a month or so.
Instead, I top off everyday to the level that I set my float valve at, and dose it with a bottle that I connect to the rez float dosing hose.
For larger volumes of nutrient solution, I use an extra current culture Reservoir bucket that I have, instead of the bottle.

Yes...RO water... and quarter to half dosages of Cal Mag from Raw Nutrients...

I found that the proportional 1/4 dose of Cal Mag was a bit light for my plants... So I doubled up on it every other day or so.

Last edited:
slimjimham

slimjimham

@KillingTime that looks mint, give me the nutrient schedule, what's up with the addition of fjlvix and vitamins?

I'm adding these questions because I have a persistent deficiency that starts around week 5 of flower on the leaves then gets to the point where it actually burns the tips of buds, like the actual buds themselves have burnt tips, I'll post pictures tomorrow but I just use calmag and canna Substra a&b... Also uc roots... I know this should be good enough but I wonder if something like that would give my girls the extra boost they need... I'm stumped, every grow plants look perfect, then 5/6 weeks in flower I see seethe deficiency that progresses through harvest...

slimjimham

slimjimham

I'm interested, is it just a float or are you using it in the res? If so how much? Did you notice things getting much better overall after using it or have things just been good?

Thanks

slimjimham

slimjimham

And what form of humic? Is it liquid or powder? Any recommended brand? I've been told to stay away from organics on the system... Kinda scared everything would slime up

slimjimham

slimjimham

You aren't worried that your spraying stuff on the pants that you're going to eventually smoke?

I'm all for it in veg but very hesitant one flowers set... So I'd be comfortable the first week or so of flower. I'll look into it! What's the dilution rate?

Currently I've been using rhizotonic as a foliar in veg, sends to work great

slimjimham

slimjimham

And what are you using for base nutrients? How stable is ph?

ken dog

ken dog

Lights on... end of week 4... I think I can do better.

The close-up is a picture of my OG Kush.
EC is .5

slimjimham

slimjimham

@KillingTime how much calming do you use per gallon? And what brand... Sit looks awesome! Tell me more about the setup :)

slimjimham

slimjimham

If you could coffee up with the feeding schedule I'd be forever grateful :D

ken dog

ken dog

4 ounces dried on average... But I only keep the tops, and throw the rest away.

I get real close to 10 ounces with all tops.

Latest posts

Top Bottom