What is the quietest 6in fan on the market?

• Thread starter mets21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mets21

What is the quietest fan on the market? (6in)

From what ive heard its the eclipse. then vortex, then canfan.

I have only used ecoplus, but Im curious as to what others think.

C

cymbaline

I chose the sunleaves windtunnel, when I was looking.
But for a real quiet fan there is the whisper by panasonic.
Those are not really for mating to a carbon filter though..
Most likely I'm sure a method could be found if hellbent on that route.
Anyway I went with sunleaves when I was looking for the quietest inline fan.

Of course by the time this post is approve, you might have already bought one :P
Can't say much for customer support, I emailed them a question and haven't heard back
yet and it's been over a month. I emailed suncourt who I think actually manufactures
these and they replied within 24 hours.

M

MyRelief

Elicent

Elicent....Italian made although I've never personally used the windtunnel...couldn't you always build a muffler or how exactly are you running this fan or your application.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Elicent is the quietest and the pricey-est out of the inline fan makers:)
I ran a tent in my bedroom where i slept at one time, wouldn't have been able to sleep in there if it weren't for the elicent inline fans. any other brands would have been to much noise to sleep lol.

:passingjoint:

gtd

F

FileError404

I had an Elicent, and ran it in an apartment closet, really nice. Now I have a new Can MAX fan at twice the CFMs and it's only slightly louder and really light. I love the Max!

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

The vortex fans are very quiet, but I'm comparing it to an out of balance squirrel fan that I used to run. I've got 3 running next to eachother and it's not noticable from upstairs or even outside of the room. There's a thread on here where cannaguy27 covered a fan in dynamat to reduce noise. Insulated ducting does a good job at noise reduction as well.

Or build a box around it like in the 2nd picture. that's a can 780cfm and it's litterally whisper quiet in the box.

M

mets21

thanks for the pics,

I was mistaken, I confused eclipse for elicent. Elicent is what I have been recommended by various shops..

B

brizoke

Elicent is the quietest and the pricey-est out of the inline fan makers:)
I ran a tent in my bedroom where i slept at one time, wouldn't have been able to sleep in there if it weren't for the elicent inline fans. any other brands would have been to much noise to sleep lol.

:passingjoint:

gtd
I currently have a tent in my bedroom where I sleep. Did you ever run co2 in there? I am a little scared to.

sedate

sedate

Sputnik said:
cannaguy27 covered a fan in dynamat to reduce noise

That wasn't cannaguy. Jezus.

This is a really effective mod.

It's quieter than the occilating desk fan I have running next to it.

I'd imagine it's quieter than any commercially available fan.

Like I'd put up $100.

E

evertking

:bong-hits:
my vortex it self is very quite! the air it moves... well, thats another story! I have a small set up, so i use a speed controler on a 4in vortex and all is good!

M

mrdizzle

duct muffler and some accustic blankets and you are all set with any fan

S

Sudden818

The S @ P fans are really quiet.I only use Vortex on speed controllers and they are not to bad either.Quality as well.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

That wasn't cannaguy. Jezus.

This is a really effective mod.

It's quieter than the occilating desk fan I have running next to it.

I'd imagine it's quieter than any commercially available fan.

Like I'd put up $100.

Sorry about that sedate, props for the idea. :rastadancing:

M

Malachi

they make mufflers that silence just about any fan, just go with what you like and slap a muffler on it

I

InvisibleM

I mounted a 4" vortex to my ceiling over the sheetrock and it sounded like a truck was idling outside. So I set it on the floor for now. The sound resonated through the ceiling, a low rumbling noise. The air sucking is a different pitch, I can use a muffler for that noise. Most say it's on the intake side of the fan.

For my 6" Vortex I am just finishing a place for it, it will be up high with some kind of foam under it, a 2 x 10 board under the foam. Looking for more ideas...

Top Bottom