What Is The Top Three Strongest Strains You Ever Smoked?

• Thread starter Tetra
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
#1 Was Jamaican "Bible" pot from early 80s. We called it cartoon dope, because when you smoked, it was almost like tripping with weird visual effects and serious paranoia.
#2 was Vietnamese during the war...I was pretty young, around 14 I think, and my friends brother brought some home. We were at an air show, and I watched the model planes for an hour before I realized they weren't the real planes at the airshow. We went to the Dairy Queen instead!
#3 Was the current strain I still grow, given to me by the guy who showed me the craft. It is a mostly Sativa hybrid that has cemented me into the couch repeatedly!
As I get considerably older, I notice that the buzz changed majorly. It might be tolerance, since the smoke now is so much stronger than it used to be. Smoking 60% THC or more via dabs and vapes was damn near unheard of years ago, so when you got something decent, you really noticed it. Plus I nticed it more because I had to come home and deal with the parents, who always seemed to be looking me in the red eyes due to the enhanced paranoia!

E

eirI

Been smoking seed less weed since the early 70's bro. Not all weed was seeded and from Columbia or Mexico back in the day. My story and stickin to it. ;)
I remember some of that south of the border weed got me super baked. I think it was from the gas fumes being brought over in tanks or some had that strong ammonia smell probably from the brick being moldy. Times of the past.

FTCG

FTCG

Mk Ultra, grown by a molecular biologist. Paid $3850 an lb, ozs. flew off the shelf at $300 per.

Rockstar, grown from Maple Ridge, BC. Was a staple for decades, not so much anymore but I am going to purchase some seeds and try to bring it back to my collection. Tastes like the creamiest smoothest vanilla Bubba Kush you've ever come across.

Sour Jack, seeds from Karma Genetics. Me and a friend made some f2's and they were so uniform, 2 of 5 seeds came back with the lemon candy, pinesol fuel. If harvested early it smells of lemon and chocolate. It put all my friends into sickness it was so potent, myself included.

It's all about the grower who did them, I'm sure there are many strains out there deserving of top honors in the strength department.

NJPBG

NJPBG

Piff is the best weed i ever smoked. East coast trenton nj area piff. Other then that oldschool weed is jus nostalgic and if u are real with urself and take lack of tolerance into consideration u will realize weed gets better and better because of basic evolution of a plant that is being bred specifically for more resin and psychoactive effects. Old weed was like 6 to 15 percent thc and had seeds and shit now it is 18 to upwards of 33% so i dont know

You might remember that redline haze, shit was 🔥🔥🔥

sshz

sshz

I continue to see people say the same thing and I just shake my head.........it's not all about THC levels. I've been growing since 1979, mainly on a larger scale. I was regularly buying from Nevil's The Seed Bank stock of seeds, among some others. Most of the NL's, Hazes and Skunk's I grew back then were far better than any NL's and Skunk's available these days. I think the Kushes are better now and there's a whole host of new things. But the best stuff back then is better than the best stuff now- I truly believe that.

Some of the original Northern Lights strains were terrific in every way except one- they didn't yield for shit. Except the NL #5, which was better than the rest. I was growing a NL 2 X 5 hybrid (some people refer to it as NL 5 X 2). The NL #2 was the most sativa like of the NL's, and the NL #5 was the most indica leaning. This product was considered the best in the city, sold as the highest prices and went mainly to professional ball players, Dr's and lawyers, and basically people with money and the right connections. I was a very popular guy- as a joke people used to bow to me when I came into a room or house. LOL The stories I could tell............. but at 63, that was another lifetime now.

Wolfe

Wolfe

My crosses and some skunk #7 from a hippie in Leadville wearing a tiger tail and spinning in circles back in 1999. He was at the orientation for lift ops at copper mountain. The weed was so loud we had to leave orientation. I’ll never forget that weed. Stunk to the high heavens. And the smoke was dank as fuck. I’ve been trying for years to get close to that and came fairly close. Oh I used to love the weed from paonia back in high school also. P bud was the shit. Created Butte at one point was flooded with real diesel. Every type of diesel or sour diesel I’ve got from anywhere was no where close to Crested Butte diesel.

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

My crosses and some skunk #7 from a hippie in Leadville wearing a tiger tail and spinning in circles back in 1999. He was at the orientation for lift ops at copper mountain. The weed was so loud we had to leave orientation. I’ll never forget that weed. Stunk to the high heavens. And the smoke was dank as fuck. I’ve been trying for years to get close to that and came fairly close. Oh I used to love the weed from paonia back in high school also. P bud was the shit.

I lived in leadville and met guys who grew skunk. But it was called skunk 6 and they won a high times cup with it in 96 i believe. I was up there starting in 2001. It was our regular smoke back then. Man it stunk!

Later it was in South Park (Fairplay, Co)

“Legal” weed killed off all the best stuff in co.

Wolfe

Wolfe

I lived in leadville and met guys who grew skunk. But it was called skunk 6 and they won a high times cup with it in 96 i believe. I was up there starting in 2001. It was our regular smoke back then. Man it stunk!

Later it was in South Park (Fairplay, Co)

“Legal” weed killed off all the best stuff in co.
Yes it kinda did, it could have been skunk 6. I could be confusing it. The guy had white widow also. Which was unbelievable. I’m getting pretty damn close to that. I have had some stuff that was just as strong but not as strong smelling as that skunk. Probably the smelliest weed for sure. I for sure can’t find any weed anywhere even close to what I have been growing. I ran out for the summer and the dispensary weed in Denver is a big disappointment. I’ve tried shit loads of places around here. None of it is sticky, and it takes me like three bowls of their stuff to my head to get stoned. Mine takes one and done. And my stuff always burns clean white ash. The stuff I get even from organic dispensaries in Denver doesn’t bunt clean. Still some dark ash in there. Yes unfortunately many people don’t even know what dank really is.

Wolfe

Wolfe

Mk Ultra, grown by a molecular biologist. Paid $3850 an lb, ozs. flew off the shelf at $300 per.

Rockstar, grown from Maple Ridge, BC. Was a staple for decades, not so much anymore but I am going to purchase some seeds and try to bring it back to my collection. Tastes like the creamiest smoothest vanilla Bubba Kush you've ever come across.

Sour Jack, seeds from Karma Genetics. Me and a friend made some f2's and they were so uniform, 2 of 5 seeds came back with the lemon candy, pinesol fuel. If harvested early it smells of lemon and chocolate. It put all my friends into sickness it was so potent, myself included.

It's all about the grower who did them, I'm sure there are many strains out there deserving of top honors in the strength department.
I learned to grow from a molecular biologist who is now a professor at Missouri state. He had some fire. I could easily add it to my list of the best.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yes it kinda did, it could have been skunk 6. I could be confusing it. The guy had white widow also. Which was unbelievable. I’m getting pretty damn close to that. I have had some stuff that was just as strong but not as strong smelling as that skunk. Probably the smelliest weed for sure. I for sure can’t find any weed anywhere even close to what I have been growing. I ran out for the summer and the dispensary weed in Denver is a big disappointment. I’ve tried shit loads of places around here. None of it is sticky, and it takes me like three bowls of their stuff to my head to get stoned. Mine takes one and done. And my stuff always burns clean white ash. The stuff I get even from organic dispensaries in Denver doesn’t bunt clean. Still some dark ash in there. Yes unfortunately many people don’t even know what dank really is.

I agree and have the same experience. Mrss mmg went to denver to see her dying father. He wanted some weed to help while he was dying of cancer. Mrs mmg went to like 6 dispensaries. Flowers and esibles were useless. She wished she had me ship some of ours for him.

Haricot Vert

Haricot Vert

PeakSeedsBC Northern Skunk
Joey Weeds C99xA11
Some Northern Lights I didn't grow...

User TJ

User TJ

#1. Durban poison (original seed stock from the 70's)
#2. Afghani #1 (original landrace seed stock)
#3. Tied between white widow indoor grown and blue dream grown outdoor.

Mr.Dank

Mr.Dank

1. Cheesus-first pickup that put me to sleep immediately after setting down the bong. I only got this one time during my sophomore year of college.
  2. Incredible Hulk- This is the first time I realized cannabis could be a medicine. I definitely realized my love for the plant with that pickup. This was during my senior year of high school.
  3. '09 Headband- no idea which cut, but this has led me to grow every sour kush and chem hybrid I could find trying to recreate that high for years. Unfortunately, I have been unsuccessful.

GreenGrower5

GreenGrower5

(1) Lambsbread circa 1988
(2) Who's Your Daddy (Chocolate Chunk Pheno)
(3) Supergirl (Nirvana 2003) X Blueberry
(Grape creamcicle pheno bred by my good friend DaFarmer. Pheno was nicknamed the "Foot Shuffler" because it made us drag our feet when we walked.
(4) C99 Overripe Pineapple pheno I know the thread only asked for three but this pheno of C99 is a honorable mention. It was so good that we cloned it for years until I had to stop growing because of job in the offshore oilfield.(frequent urinalysis)

Last edited:
Matthewstever

Matthewstever

Skunk#1
Northern lights original strain from way back..good memories....
El Chapo. We started calling it "fuck you El Chapo" because it was lights out when we smoked it...every time.

HiDaze

HiDaze

White Rhino (true rhino - never seen a bud so covered in trichs)
Gelato - indica dom (who knows genetics - rec laws in my state ruined everything) yay hipsters...
Maui Wowie @ age 15 - lol - could have been weaker than shit. Boy, do I have some fond memories ✌

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

1971 Vietnam Black. Very intense introspective high, that lasted for hours. Buddies brother brought 10lbs back in a footlocker, along with 5lbs of opium. That shit would make you throw up, see cartoons, and itch yourself to death.
1972 Santa Marta Green Sensi. 1st seedless I ever saw. Reminded me of Honeysuckle. Super Choke, and paranoia. Also the most I ever paid at the time for an oz. $25. Usually I could get really good weed for $40 a 1/4lb. $140lb.
1992 Nl5/Haze x Sk1/Nevils Hashplant.. Got accused many times of lacing it with PCP. Would make some people sick as a dog. Probably drove their blood sugar level into the ground. Also super choke, and you knew you WERE going to cough every hit. Fds got those genes.

Honoable mention
1972 Oaxacan. Only shit that gave me auditory hallucinations.

HiDaze

HiDaze

1971 Vietnam Black. Very intense introspective high, that lasted for hours. Buddies brother brought 10lbs back in a footlocker, along with 5lbs of opium. That shit would make you throw up, see cartoons, and itch yourself to death.
1972 Santa Marta Green Sensi. 1st seedless I ever saw. Reminded me of Honeysuckle. Super Choke, and paranoia. Also the most I ever paid at the time for an oz. $25. Usually I could get really good weed for $40 a 1/4lb. $140lb.
1992 Nl5/Haze x Sk1/Nevils Hashplant.. Got accused many times of lacing it with PCP. Would make some people sick as a dog. Probably drove their blood sugar level into the ground. Also super choke, and you knew you WERE going to cough every hit. Fds got those genes.

Honoable mention
1972 Oaxacan. Only shit that gave me auditory hallucinations.
My best friend gave me weed I could swear was laced with PCP. Cannot confirm to this day.
If it wasntPCP, it would be on this list. No idea what it was called. Admittedly have reservations about the source.

Could have been the most amazing ganja on the planet or something I dont fuck with 😅

Latest posts

Top Bottom