What Is The Top Three Strongest Strains You Ever Smoked?

• Thread starter Tetra
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jonnyseeds

jonnyseeds

The top three strongest strains I ever smoked was back in the eighties and they just called it skunk funk or dro back then. I can tell you that I have never seen anything comparable to the late 80s early 90s bud.
Agreed

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Absolutely!! true..
thai weed from late 80’s
and i remember this Hawaiian too, pretty much the last time i smoked weed, hash and oil only ever since.
it was almost better than the purple micro dot acid, haha,.
nothing like the double barrel acid and white pane.. man how am i still around!! haha..,

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
I can remember a couple worthy of note...

I worked at a ... place, and they had some "research" facility. Well, without the secret stuff, I'll just say I arranged to get an oz. It arrived and it was one bud, stank so bad my grandmother thought a skunk got under the house. It was a once in a lifetime thing, but oh wow!

The other time was when I went to hawaii in 1975 to get married and live, I stumbled upon some great maui wowee. And woooowwwww! Mostly, I have no idea what type, it's whatever my guy is selling. One good reason to grow!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I can remember a couple worthy of note...

I worked at a ... place, and they had some "research" facility. Well, without the secret stuff, I'll just say I arranged to get an oz. It arrived and it was one bud, stank so bad my grandmother thought a skunk got under the house. It was a once in a lifetime thing, but oh wow!

The other time was when I went to hawaii in 1975 to get married and live, I stumbled upon some great maui wowee. And woooowwwww! Mostly, I have no idea what type, it's whatever my guy is selling. One good reason to grow!
i know that Hawaiian was killer for me too!
i remember exactly where we were smoking it!

shaganja

shaganja

Mid nineties. Michigan. Got smoked down with this strain with only numbers and letters. Strange. G13. Buddy grew it. We went to the local playground, and i was so stoned, that at first, I greened out on the drive there. They laughed at me, because I was a lying heap in the back seat. When we got there, I climbed into the driver's seat of this metal playground spaceship. I needed somewhere to go, to try and make sense of this overwhelming stone. I didn't know, but my buddy started banging on the bars really fast. The noise this made, had me believing this metal bar, playground spaceship was TAKING OFF with me in the driver's seat. I yelled at the guys, " guys! It's taking off!! They started laughing so hard. That's when I looked down and saw him banging on the bars. The most stoned ever.

RookieBuds

RookieBuds

Chemdog or Chemdog #4 almost no matter where you get it from, is a heavy hitter.

Peanut Butter Breath swings for the fences. I am legit OBSESSED with this shit right now.

Best overall effect I've had in YEARS was from my first grow, a Seedsman freebie labeled 'SEEDSMAN KUSH AUTO FEM'. (pictured). It was then, that i knew i never had to ever buy herb again ❤️

20201119 191057
Raf

Raf

Not a connoiseur here but:
Skunk. period. it was always a bad idea, no matter how much time i took to the effects to fade off nor quantity, my boss, a friend or someone else would end up mad at me, LOL.
Then a King Kong of Mr. Nice. A good high though not killer at all.
A brick that was marketed "horse killer" and it was probably adultered somehow, because the guy actually used to sell design stuff.
But tbh, the higher was when i was already worried, inhibited by someone i hardly could talk sober in my teens and the like. I remember though going to buy anything was an odyssey with the skunk, like worried about who knows what and in the middle forgetting what i was going to buy, and became rather strange looking just staring there, and worried more, LOL... Then ones gets old, and learns to give a F**K about what others may think or say (specially those not close enough) and realize wolrd doesnt turn arround oneself... So the stronger highs are probably gone no matter strain, in most cases, hopefully.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Going back through my history of Times I Got Unbelievably High, I have to wonder if I'd consider the weed in question to be great, today.

I take in a lot of THC now — a lot more than the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s… My cannabinoid receptors demand a higher concentration!

The highest I probably got from a couple of hits was in the late 80s. I had just gotten an 1/8 of a Thai/Skunk cross in the mail (yeah, we used to mail weed with impunity back then) after having nothing for a couple of months. I was doing the chef thing in my kitchen, when I remembered the weed had been delivered.

I broke up a bud and did a bong. Good, but I'd had better. There was about another hit and a half left, and that wasn't going to waste. So I finished the bud. Then I thought, "I wonder if this has a delayed effect?"

Next thing you know, I could no longer stand and could only say things like, "Holy shit, wtf, oh wow, holy fuck, oh man, holy shit…"

Had to pull up a chair to the stove to finish cooking dinner.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
And it wasn’t particularly fun.
I think the reminiscing of the old 70's 80's & 90's skunk is fun to talk about and we got really high of it ....But....we we're young, it was new and we had fun with it, sometimes in exotic locations or at events enhancing the experience. I don't think it was any better and I believe today's rocket science created supper weed blows the doors off the old stuff. I'm 69 and I've been smoking since the late 60's living in Vancouver, Hawaii & California during the 70's & 80's in the heydays of the pot movement. There was good smoke then but gees some of this new 30% + THC its like the old hash days potent. I just had some Kush Cookies 28% thc, rock solid pretty buds that knocks the old stuff out...even the Thai stick days can't compare with these new strains & crosses. With legalization now inevitable everywhere we've just begun to see what this plant can do.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I think the reminiscing of the old 70's 80's & 90's skunk is fun to talk about and we got really high of it ....But....we we're young, it was new and we had fun with it, sometimes in exotic locations or at events enhancing the experience. I don't think it was any better and I believe today's rocket science created supper weed blows the doors off the old stuff. I'm 69 and I've been smoking since the late 60's living in Vancouver, Hawaii & California during the 70's & 80's in the heydays of the pot movement. There was good smoke then but gees some of this new 30% + THC its like the old hash days potent. I just had some Kush Cookies 28% thc, rock solid pretty buds that knocks the old stuff out...even the Thai stick days can't compare with these new strains & crosses. With legalization now inevitable everywhere we've just begun to see what this plant can do.
I agree. I know a few younger tokers who like to hear about "the weed of the old days," but I keep telling them we're in the golden age, now.

Fuzzy_Buzzy

Fuzzy_Buzzy

When you got ahold of an exotic strain back then you really appreciated it.

First connect was a trucker, got a kilo of Mexican crap for $110, lol. Sticks and stems galore :D Then Columbian appeared, then Columbian Gold, Panama Red, Thai Stick, Chocolate Thai weed and if you got a pound of sinsemilla in 1973 u were KING of the town!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I agree. I know a few younger tokers who like to hear about "the weed of the old days," but I keep telling them we're in the golden age, now.
I mixed a lot of weed and alcohol back then but if I had todays pot back then....I don't think I'd of made it till today. The drinking driving smoking while drinking and driving.....up the THC......nope...I just missed them poles as it was any more and I'd of clipped them for sure.💀🤕 We had 10-15% thc at best and we thought it was good.

Booze and pot makes a funny mix and I'm too old for alcohol now, it just makes me sick.

I'd like to taste some of the old Hawaii grown stuff again...that was an eye opener to me with the sweet sweet buds, still fresh with no smell of rubber lol like the weed we brought across the Mexican border and drove to Canada did ...lol...ah the days...shit cheap Mexican weed that tasted like smoking rubber bands lol man did we get high and sick...but wtf we got high lol

crossfader

crossfader

Back to the early 80's....got a hold of an eighth of 'Black Gungi' that really got me incredibly high. From the same time period had the good luck to score some real Jamaican Lamb's Bread.
I can still remember how stoned those 2 got me and my buddies. Few years later some kick ass Chocolate Thai was in the area for a few months. Memorable!✌️

Wanda_Cosma

Wanda_Cosma

Let's see. There was some stuff back in the late nineties, rock hard, crystally, tasted like dirt. No name of course lol. But back in the late nineties, early aughts anything skunk or hydro or from Vermont or Canada was good.

I've had good Jack Herer and Mother's finest phenos. But the best "named" had to be Sour Diesel. Although recently I've tried some motor breath and gorilla glue concentrates that were pretty tasty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom