What is this bud site doing?

• Thread starter Fuzzylines
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fuzzylines

Fuzzylines

Hi everyone. So I'm coming along OK with my grow. Got 5 girls in the tent, 2 blue amnesia and 2 UK cheese autos.

One of my amnesia autos seems to be about a week or more ahead of the other 2 and the pistils have already turned on the main cola... any ideas why this might be and if its normal? She also didn't stretch anywhere near as much as the other 2. Been relatively stress free, only LST on all and fixed a slight p deficiency this week.

They're under a spider farmer sf4000 at 2ft. The rest are about 18 inches around the edge.
Feeding 3ml/l Bloom
1.5ml/l VitaLink calmag
1.5ml/l Bloom boost 1050ppm soil is 6.5 ph and feed is around the same

Any insight appreciated
Main cola
What is this bud site doing 2

Bud site next to main cola
What is this bud site doing 3

Back Left Plant
What is this bud site doing 4

Tent
What is this bud site doing

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Phenotypic variation would be my guess. There will always be a little variation with seed, even mores with seeds from less experienced breeders. Autos tend to have a bit more variation to them. It's not terribly uncommon. Most breeders would select the quick flowering plant and clone it to later make seeds and hopefully get offspring with a reduced flowering time. The leaves look a little bit light in color, but overall, the plants are looking nice.

Fuzzylines

Fuzzylines

Thank you, it is a new breeder and I've had a plant herm on a previous grow so I'm always weary.

Slowly recovering from a couple of deficiencies at the moment. They quite literally, exploded into flower...

Fuzzylines

Fuzzylines

So I though I'd double check? Fed the plants again today and this girls pistils are nearly all turning orange now. No signs of seeds or sacks anywhere in my tent. Got my microscope out to check the buds and trichomes seems quite far along to me? All the ladies are 43 days in.

This will be my first harvest able crop so I'm not 100% sure what to do or when to stop feeding lol. Any suggestions guys?

Heres the pics
IPC 2020 11 141321247500
20201114 131857

20201114 131842

linde

linde

stop feeding yesterday unless you want your buds to taste like shit. id check back next week with new pics.

Fuzzylines

Fuzzylines

Thanks. I actually fed today so I'm hoping she isn't too harsh. Caught me by surprise...

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Some people feed all the way through, generally, their weed doesn't taste or burn that great. I grow for myself, I do not focus on quantity, rather, I focus on quality. Because of that, I stop feeding two weeks before harvest and begin my flushing cycle at that time. Coco is a bit easier than soil to flush, so some coco growers will feed up until a week before harvest. Flushing is the act that many people do for a smoother smoke.

Once you are familiar with your strains, you will get a sense for when that proper time is. In the meantime, you can use the breeders recommended flowering duration as a guide. I also check trichomes on the sugar leaves because they mature faster than the buds. It can help me gauge when to stop feeding. So if I see some amber trichomes on the sugar leaves, I know that the trichomes on my buds will likely soon get some amber as well. Trichomes on the buds are your reference for when to harvest the plant.

As a side note, you'll want to reduce or cut off the nitrogen in the middle to late part of flowering. Still keep up with the PK in the NPK, but the N is no longer desired by the plant.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Some people feed all the way through, generally, their weed doesn't taste or burn that great. I grow for myself, I do not focus on quantity, rather, I focus on quality. Because of that, I stop feeding two weeks before harvest and begin my flushing cycle at that time. Coco is a bit easier than soil to flush, so some coco growers will feed up until a week before harvest. Flushing is the act that many people do for a smoother smoke.

Once you are familiar with your strains, you will get a sense for when that proper time is. In the meantime, you can use the breeders recommended flowering duration as a guide. I also check trichomes on the sugar leaves because they mature faster than the buds. It can help me gauge when to stop feeding. So if I see some amber trichomes on the sugar leaves, I know that the trichomes on my buds will likely soon get some amber as well. Trichomes on the buds are your reference for when to harvest the plant.

As a side note, you'll want to reduce or cut off the nitrogen in the middle to late part of flowering. Still keep up with the PK in the NPK, but the N is no longer desired by the plant.

This topic gets hashed out here frequently. Flushing that is. Ive gotta say im with you on this. Water only at the end makes a far smoother, tastier smoke in my experience.

Fuzzylines

Fuzzylines

Yeah I have seen the masses of discussions about flushing. I plan on just watering Ph'd water up to chop. This one just threw me. The other 4 in the tent aren't anywhere near as close to being done as this one.

I noticed my soil was sitting at 5.5 ph so I flushed a couple of days ago. May be my saving grace as its only had 2 small feeds since

Latest posts

Top Bottom