What is this?how does this happen to my leaves?

• Thread starter Cowabunga1998
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cowabunga1998

Cowabunga1998

I’ve noticed this two days ago and looks like it’s happened to a few other baby leaves and bigger ones as well, almost makes me think to high of EC possibly. Almost looks like the leave burned but is still green..?
70/30 coco/perlite
75f day 69f night
Light is 30” away from plants
Athena blended nutes
I spray ipm 2/3 times a week
Definitely don’t believe this is a insect of any sort but I’m not 100% haven’t seen any bugs. This is pretty concerning so any help is appreciated

What is thishow does this happen to my leaves
What is thishow does this happen to my leaves 2
What is thishow does this happen to my leaves 3
What is thishow does this happen to my leaves 4
What is thishow does this happen to my leaves 5
romulangenetics

romulangenetics

2nd Generation
Supporter
You've got something eating your plants.

Caterpillar, cat, rat.. I dunno but its not an ec issue. Ive only seen this from either: fans blowing crazy hard on new, young growth, or predators actually eating the leaves (the last picture looks a little like mutations, but it could be the same thing.. just attacked early on in growth and now its bouncing back while still showing the signs of its previous altercation).

Mugwort

Mugwort

I’ve noticed this two days ago and looks like it’s happened to a few other baby leaves and bigger ones as well, almost makes me think to high of EC possibly. Almost looks like the leave burned but is still green..?
70/30 coco/perlite
75f day 69f night
Light is 30” away from plants
Athena blended nutes
I spray ipm 2/3 times a week
Definitely don’t believe this is a insect of any sort but I’m not 100% haven’t seen any bugs. This is pretty concerning so any help is appreciated
Have you figured it out yet?

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

PESTS. I have same look on leaves and study my plants differences daily for quite extensive periods of time, and by being patient I was able to actually catch the bugs red handed. Fix it now. Trust what I say here as this exact look is how my plant has recently begun to look. I ignored the holes and bite marks at first thinking it was damage from when I burnt the plant but it kept getting worse. Finally seen a few aphids and gnats in soil. Ive been treating soil with dry neem and watering it down into root zone, and I take about 5 tablespoons of just dry neem into 5 gallons water and allow it to steep over night, no longer than 24 hrs as it will start to kinda ferment and smell like sulfur very strongly, but I havent added soap and i use the steeped neem water as a foliar spray. It leaves neem oil on the stems and leaves and when its ingested itll poison the pests. Only spray foliar in dark hours and add extra air flow so the water evaporates before lights back on. Then repeat 48 hrs later until their gone....WATCH YOU BAGGED SOIL, that is likely the culprit for where the pests came from. You can bake the soil in oven or microwave it to kill all the bad shit then inoculate with beneficial bacteria after the soil is sterile. I also have a shade cloth for these treatments so that while neem oil is on plant, the light doesnt roast the leaves then I wash off the neem and go back to normal

Latest posts

Top Bottom