what is this on my plant?

• Thread starter G420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

G420

I have a small plant into 16 days flower and notices little white spots on my leaves and it seems to be going away I looked really close and didnt see not 1 spider mite or bug but there was 3 of these little reddish sphere like things on my leaf near the spots......i took a pic with my camera phone sorry

What is this on my plant
G

G420

does it look like an egg that anybody recognizes? it has no legs and these thing appear daily on the plant.........hopefully its a seed from another weird plant or something

cannabeans

cannabeans

white spots....

those look like thrip damage.
not sure about the red spot, but i would assume its some kinda poop from a flying bug.

G

G420

those look like thrip damage.
not sure about the red spot, but i would assume its some kinda poop from a flying bug.

ive checked high and low and didnt see any little critters crawling anywhere on top or under the leaves so I hope its not thrip damage and hopefully the red spot is poop

K

kolah

Get yourself a loupe to better view it. Radioshack has a 5x-10x-15x for 10 bucks. You can combine all three lenses and get 30x out of it.

Looks like bugs, man. Don't wait around. Diagnose it asap so you can treat it asap. If its bugs, it's probably on other leaves.

G

G420

the thing is that I dont really want to spray anything unless im completly positive its a pest. Ive tried flipping it over and it doesnt appear to have any legs, acually looks the same all around ( similar to a sesame seed but smaller .ill buy a loupe just in case

M

mickeyspliff

I wouldn't worry about small areas of insect damage outdoors. Keep an eye on it though.

M

mickeyspliff

I'll add that insects can spread disease as well as weaken the plant from heavy feeding. All kinds of insects will feed on your plant outdoors, but I have found that the plants generally will be vigorous enough to not be noticeably affected. Catrpillers and slugs should be controlled during flowering, as they will eat buds and encourage mold. The damage on your leaf and the red spot might not be related.

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
looks like the damage is from a leaf miner not to worrie though they eat and move on ..dont know what the spot is might be .........man cant remember the name of them but they use laef parts to camoflage their body no danger either they eat aphids I think good luck and just keep an eye on em

G

G420

looks like the damage is from a leaf miner not to worrie though they eat and move on ..dont know what the spot is might be .........man cant remember the name of them but they use laef parts to camoflage their body no danger either they eat aphids I think good luck and just keep an eye on em

whew I have a few small manderins trees in pots accross the yard that had leaf damage earlier this summer, I didnt even think of that ....thanks

I sure hope the spots turn out to be good guys.......I need all the hel thanks againp I can get! thanks again for the reply

Top Bottom