What is this plant problem?

• Thread starter Phisherman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Phisherman

Phisherman

This same thing started to happen right before harvest on my last batch. Dark spots in the veins of leaves. Then the leaves die

What is this plant problem
What is this plant problem 2
Phisherman

Phisherman

Not it. I've used fish and seaweed emulsion. Bat guano. Worm castings. Happened like I said at the end of flowering in my last batch, and is happening now with a freshly sprouting plant. Seems fungal maybe, but doesnt look like most fungus I've dealt with.

BigChief612

BigChief612

Not it. I've used fish and seaweed emulsion. Bat guano. Worm castings. Happened like I said at the end of flowering in my last batch, and is happening now with a freshly sprouting plant. Seems fungal maybe, but doesnt look like most fungus I've dealt with.
Hows your Ph? I'm sure you probably know that if your PH is off it can cause nutrient lock out so even if your giving it what it needs it doesn't get what it needs due to PH being off. I guess it absolutely could be a fungal issue but like I said looks like k or possibly a cal/mag issue, are you using any kind of water filter or softener?

growsince79

growsince79

The orange perlite is a dead giveaway. What size container? How much water and how often?

ArmoredGoat

ArmoredGoat

This is the same plant today. And the leaves, removed
Hey, new to thcfarmer, long, long time grower. I am surprised at the answers provided to your request for help so let’s see if we can eliminate some of those below.

there are several elements we need to consider such as the ph & ppm going into your medium and the ph of ppm coming out. Also what soil are you using, feeding nutes? If yes, what kind, what dose. Also worth asking is this two different plants? Appears one picture show a plant in flower and the other in veg

to better assist you, having that information is critical to pinpointing the cause and solution.

based on pics alone this could be a few things

hot soil such as FFoF and you’re feeding nutes to a young plant that doesn’t need them yet. Could also be ph swings confusing the roots causing a lockout.
To me, without any other knowledge of the aforementioned this looks like a classic case of burn from calmag from to much nutes, excessively high or low ph or a hot soil. Why do I think that? These problems typically show themselves on the most mature fan leaves first (oldest growth at the bottom) and work their way up. It started as burnt tips and quickly spread.

not to stress at all, this gal (hopefully) is relatively young and a long journey ahead of her

Last edited:
Phisherman

Phisherman

I'm using promix. A millimeter of cal mag per gallon. Right now just using ph'd calmag water. Let it go bone dry in between and it's still happening. Here's a baby Maui wowie from 2 days ago, and then after I watered today. Same shit happening

20200913 131405
20200917 122349
Phisherman

Phisherman

This was my last grow. Everything was looking perfect,and whatever this problem is kicked in during flowering, and now is happening with new plants started from seed. I even scrubbed the tent in between and lysoled everything.

20200623 100804

Latest posts

Top Bottom