What is this thing I got from extraction?!

• Thread starter Haydar1984
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Haydar1984

Haydar1984

Hello guys this is my first time trying to extract something from the sugar leaves and low quality and small buds instead of throwing them , after drying I extracted with ethanol for 12 hours then strained the mixture and let the green liquid dry in front of a fan , I got a little sticky somewhat rubbery dark material that you see in the picture , can I mix this with e-liquid? I dont want to throw it away 😅
What is this thing i got from extraction

R

redshift75

looks like the resin i throw away every time i clean my piece lol. idk if you can mix with e liquid though. not my thing. Just had to stop and comment on the photo :)

Vogelrok

Vogelrok

Did you run the mixture through a filter or two. Looks like you have some of the waxes. How long was the trim in the iso wash.
would be worth rewashing with iso again. But but it in freezer for 24hrs. You should see white cloud in the bottom.
filter after 24hrs and then purge the iso off in a rice cooker, the degas in a vacuu chamber.

Haydar1984

Haydar1984

Did you run the mixture through a filter or two. Looks like you have some of the waxes. How long was the trim in the iso wash.
would be worth rewashing with iso again. But but it in freezer for 24hrs. You should see white cloud in the bottom.
filter after 24hrs and then purge the iso off in a rice cooker, the degas in a vacuu chamber.
I left it to soak for 24 hours 😬 , I decarboxylated it and filtered it with cloth then mixed it with e-liquid , but it has almost no effect 🥺

growsince79

growsince79

I left it to soak for 24 hours 😬 , I decarboxylated it and filtered it with cloth then mixed it with e-liquid , but it has almost no effect 🥺
You should have only soaked it for less than one minute. You could disolve it in ether then add water and shake well. Then let it stand until the ether and water separate. The good stuff will stay on top.

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
looks like mostly plant matter. Aka everything you don't want.

If using ethanol you need 190 proof and only wash for 10....MAYBE 15 seconds. Each second the material is leeching more and more nasties. After 10 seconds, with high enough proof alcohol, you've gotten most of what you're after. If you then still want more, do a second lower quality wash.

Cheers

Top Bottom