What is this?

• Thread starter Xdell420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
X

Xdell420

Always start with checking your pH.

My tap water was pretty consistently 7.0 and just over the last few months it bounced up to 7.4-7.5 which meant after i mixed my nutes it would barely bring it down to 6.5 most of the times higher around 6.8. But before it spiked up id add just nutes and it would take it down between 5.9-6.3 which meant i never really needed pH solutions to raise/lower it.

Took me a week or two to figure this out because my water had been consistent for years and just recently spiked so i probably havent tested the solution in months. I was also running a new strain and coming off of GG#4 which is a PIG when it comes to nutes. So i figured i was just heavy handed and this strain required less nutes. Backed off for a week did a couple feedings with just SLF-100 and it didnt fully clear up. Thats when i checked my pH. Calibrated my meter and sure enough .4-.5 higher than it ever has been.

Like Aqua Man said though without better light and an idea of your pH and nutrients being fed. I dont know as much about hydro as i do soil(less) systems but from the pictures it looks like both deficiencies and toxicities which usually means your pH is out of whack and is locking out a lot.

Let us know your starting water pH, after nute mix pH. Do you RO your water? Do you have well water or city water? Whats the average temp of the rez?

All of these things can lock out nutrients or in the case of well water raise things like calcium or iron which can further cause lock out especially if youre supplementing with them in your nute mix.

So assuming your other environmental conditions are ok ie. temp/hum/lighting its most likely the pH.
[/QUOTEi think your right about the ph how do I raise that? Just ph my next feed to 6.8?

Top Bottom