What is turning these Purple?!?

• Thread starter Joebuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Joebuds

Hello, I have new growth that is turning purple. Is this the beginning of grey mold? Doesn’t seem to be hurting the growth at all. Any info is appreciated
What is turning these purple
What is turning these purple
What is turning these purple 2
What is turning these purple 3
What is turning these purple 4

Mattyice

Mattyice

Looks like moisture burn from morning due on the leaves, sun comes out and burns em

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hello, I have new growth that is turning purple. Is this the beginning of grey mold? Doesn’t seem to be hurting the growth at all. Any info is appreciated View attachment 888968View attachment 888968View attachment 888969View attachment 888970View attachment 888971
Unfortunately I have a thread to refer you to, I hope it's not the same thing, but it's something you should check out! Good luck

Reactions: Ina
J

Joebuds

Thanks for the reply should those tops be cut? I have treated the plant with fungicide

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thanks for the reply should those tops be cut? I have treated the plant with fungicide
My friend go to the thread: I've read the whole thing I think you should too, and those are the people you should talk with, good luck with it bro

Edit: I just saw your other thread but even more threads aren't going to help, you'll just be more confused. You really need to go to that link and read and talk to those people who have been dealing with this for years because in my opinion you've got the same thing going on, and your info is at that link.

Flint_Fredstone

Flint_Fredstone

I have read all of that thread... a definite cause was never mentioned... unless I missed it... which I doubt after reading it over 4 times...

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I have read all of that thread... a definite cause was never mentioned... unless I missed it... which I doubt after reading it over 4 times...
I’ll see if I can find some stuff of the purple disease. Are you experiencing this now?

Flint_Fredstone

Flint_Fredstone

Yes.. started on one plant and is spreading. Tossed in some Bloom fert and see what happens. Local guy says it needs some nutes but didn't elaborate on any specific thing. Dif Forum posts say this was happening in Hawaii, eastern Canada, Nevada and Kentucky. some in 2017, 2019, and I see it 2020. At first I thought it was some freaky purple strain lol. Every post seems to describe the problem, then some posters comment on some different solutions, then the thread goes cold. I don't even see anyone say they lost them all, they pulled through, or anything. Its super weird. If I find the cause or cure, I could spend a week updating posts everywhere. Oh and thanks for the reply btw.

Flint_Fredstone

Flint_Fredstone

Looks exactly like the "purple potatoe top" phytoplasm in coloration. The leaves tend to resemble boron dif.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Think I seen this before.... yup found it.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
He didn’t find his answer from that thread. Oldskol said it might be P def. I couldn’t find anything on this issue.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Did you spray these with aything? The only other thing i can think of is a hyper production of anthocyanin

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Did you spray these with aything? The only other thing i can think of is a hyper production of anthocyanin
Good morning, I see this thread is popping again?!

good because this is the most interesting cannabis thread I've ever read; I don't know what mr. Flintstones issue is, but I know what Mr joebuds had going on above was the same thing as is happening to these outdoor growers in the thread I linked joe to..

it's a great read and I recommend everybody interested in cannabis read it, seems there's some strange unknown purple pathogen affecting outdoor cannabis crops in a big way in certain areas of North America?! Have a great day!
😎

Last edited:
Flint_Fredstone

Flint_Fredstone

Did not spray anything on them!.. My initial reaction was mold as I have never had any issues with PH using humus and a little fert here an there. It don't rub off!.. I have searched everywhere. Outdoor grows only... from what I can tell which means something environmental. Phytoplasma from insects?... Some dude on the original post "purple disease on new growth" says he knows the cure and is trying to sell the "cure"... Trimmings from the purple affected plants that shows no purple.. don't develop the stuff if the cutting is grown indoors. This is happening from Hawaii to Canada, west and east coast USA, its all over. With the advent of legal smoke in a lot of places, who is to say that this isn't just another case of the government spraying something that will kill unprotected outdoor grows. They actually did this to kill coca in south america.

It could be passed down genetically to not have any resistance to phytoplasma as it looks like some plants may have more resistance. I have no idea where the seeds came from but it would be like a needle in a haystack that 100's of people are growing the same "purple disease" strain.

1. 98% sure this only affects outdoor grows = environmental
2. I didn't see this problem in the 80's so It may be a new problem that cannabis has not had a chance to build up any immunity to yet.
3. People have stated that 100's of plants have been affected with total losses of crops.
4. It has been stated that if they do pull out of this stuff, the yield is only about 5% of what it should be.
5. This is accompanied by purple streaks on main stem starting from lower nodes, wide where the node starts, and the streak getting thinner as it travels up to the next node where it gets wide again just above the node to thin again... all the way up to where new growth dark purple.
6. The plants stop growing at this point.

Just my observations so far. Should the new trick to growing outdoors be to cover all the plants with some sort of small netting to keep the bugs off? I'm being sarcastic but this is serious stuff if we can't find a cure/solution.

Dr.B

Dr.B

Unfortunately I have a thread to refer you to, I hope it's not the same thing, but it's something you should check out! Good luck

Its a long read. Phytoplasmic disease? The pictures look nearly identical.

Olt

Olt

After 2 years of searching the net for answers, I can't find a definitive cause for this "purple". I'm ready to start looking for testing labs. I have 2 friends growing the same clones. Both have leaf hoppers, same soil and nutes, one spot is fine and the other has purple new growth. Only 5 miles apart too. I do believe this is a pytoplasma of some kind, but might be coming from something else nearby. The expansion of hops growing and/or industrial hemp farms in our area might be bringing unknown diseases to our plants. But only plants nearby or downwind perhaps. I think we need testing to know for sure.

Gash.B2020

Gash.B2020

When you have 10 degrees diff between day and night temps it will bring out colours if it's a characteristic of the strain. They normally start to go purple when they are a bit further into flower but I would just keep an eye on it bro. They look healthy otherwise and doesn't boron deficiency make leaves go weird shape?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

When you have 10 degrees diff between day and night temps it will bring out colours if it's a characteristic of the strain. They normally start to go purple when they are a bit further into flower but I would just keep an eye on it bro. They look healthy otherwise and doesn't boron deficiency make leaves go weird shape?
Nah not that.

Top Bottom