What Is Wrong With This Photoperiod Plant?

• Thread starter CLoob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CLoob

My first grow. I added MediOne Nutes 5 days ago at a 1/4 dose. 2.5mL per gallon. Next day leaves turned yellow. I flushed the soil and yesterday repot to a 5gal SmartPot with fresh Happy Frog soil. Confused as to why it was in the other 3gal SmartPot for 6 weeks with a Happy Frog soil so it should have been more than ready for first dose of Nutes.

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?

Seeds

Cheese Photo plant was started on 8/8 in FFOF 1 gal pot, 8/23 repotted in 3gal bucket, 11/14 repotted in a 3gal air pot with Happy Frog soil, 1/12 repot into 5 gal smart pot with a mix of FFOF and FFHF.

2 Blueberry Haze Autoflowers almost 6 weeks old 3gal SmartPots in FFHF.

2. How old are your plants?

Photoperiod Cheese is 5months

2 Blueberry Haze Autos are 5 weeks

3. How tall are your plants?

28”, 7”, and 3”

4. What size containers are they planted

in? 3gal x 2, 1 5gal

5. What is your soil mix?

Fox Farms Happy Frog

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?

Every two days using distilled

7. What is the pH of your water?

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?

Last week starting using Medi One at a 2.5mL per gallon

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?

No

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")

2x600w led lamps , 4 bulb T5 6700k

11. How close are your lights to the plants?

15-17”

12. What size is your grow space in square feet?

48x24x72

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?

75-77 daytime, 68 night. Use a humidifier at 42%

14. What is the pH of the soil?

15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?

No

16. How much experience do you have growing? 1st grow

What is wrong with this photoperiod plant
What is wrong with this photoperiod plant 2
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Looks mostly stunted from nute burn.

The soil was still a little too hot when you planted them.

They’ll recover and get on track but with autoflowering plants your yield will suffer.

Pics in natural lighting or enabling your cameras flash will help in the future. Good luck. Kudos.

C

CLoob

How long will it take for autos to use up the nutes in Fox Farm Happy Frog before needing to add nutes? They have been in the 3gal SmartPots for almost 6 weeks. I’m obviously not going to add nutes to the small auto. They have been
Looks mostly stunted from nute burn.

The soil was still a little too hot when you planted them.

They’ll recover and get on track but with autoflowering plants your yield will suffer.

Pics in natural lighting or enabling your cameras flash will help in the future. Good luck. Kudos.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

My first grow. I added MediOne Nutes 5 days ago at a 1/4 dose. 2.5mL per gallon. Next day leaves turned yellow. I flushed the soil and yesterday repot to a 5gal SmartPot with fresh Happy Frog soil. Confused as to why it was in the other 3gal SmartPot for 6 weeks with a Happy Frog soil so it should have been more than ready for first dose of Nutes.

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?

Seeds

Cheese Photo plant was started on 8/8 in FFOF 1 gal pot, 8/23 repotted in 3gal bucket, 11/14 repotted in a 3gal air pot with Happy Frog soil, 1/12 repot into 5 gal smart pot with a mix of FFOF and FFHF.

2 Blueberry Haze Autoflowers almost 6 weeks old 3gal SmartPots in FFHF.

2. How old are your plants?

Photoperiod Cheese is 5months

2 Blueberry Haze Autos are 5 weeks

3. How tall are your plants?

28”, 7”, and 3”

4. What size containers are they planted

in? 3gal x 2, 1 5gal

5. What is your soil mix?

Fox Farms Happy Frog

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?

Every two days using distilled

7. What is the pH of your water?

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?

Last week starting using Medi One at a 2.5mL per gallon

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?

No

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")

2x600w led lamps , 4 bulb T5 6700k

11. How close are your lights to the plants?

15-17”

12. What size is your grow space in square feet?

48x24x72

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?

75-77 daytime, 68 night. Use a humidifier at 42%

14. What is the pH of the soil?

15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?

No

16. How much experience do you have growing? 1st grow
Careful using that distilled water. I used it on my first grow. What I didn't realize, is that I should have been adding calmag to it. I ended up getting a deficiency because of it. So I ended up just switching back to tap water.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

That kinda looks like it could possibly be damping off.have u been letting the soil dry out between waterings?

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Careful using that distilled water. I used it on my first grow. What I didn't realize, is that I should have been adding calmag to it. I ended up getting a deficiency because of it. So I ended up just switching back to tap water.
If been growing in soil for 15 years and in that time only a handful of strains required calmag.i doubt that is the problem.i think there's a high possibility it's just over watering.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

My advice, don't follow a schedule when watering. Just water when the pots feel light. Or you can stick your finger in your soil to check.

Those big pots you got with the small plants don't need drenched completely either. Just enough water around the base of the plant or the soil will stay wet for too long.

This won't be the same for everyone, but I typically need to water every 3 to 5 days. Rarely will u need to water them every 2 days unless they are too big for their pots.

If been growing in soil for 15 years and in that time only a handful of strains required calmag.i doubt that is the problem.i think there's a high possibility it's just over watering.
Yes, I didn't think that was his issue, just wanted to throw that out there because when I was first starting, I didn't know anything about distilled water.

I dunno, it was my first grow, so it could have been something else. I just know when I added calmag to my distilled water, my leaves looked better. Whereas before I added it, they were fading between the veins of the leaves.

C

CLoob

Thank you all for your input. Truly appreciate it. I’ll switch to a 3-5 day watering schedule. Since I just reported the Photo plant to a 5gal I won’t water again for 7 days. The autos are getting a 1/2 cup around the outskirts of the base.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Your kinda missing the point about watering.dont do a schedule just lift your plants up wen they'r wet then each day pick each pot up a little to gauge the weight and wen it's light water then.youl get it mate.you just have to find the balance.dont let fuck ups put u off,keep at it and we,r here if you encounter anymore problems

C

CLoob

Thanks! Will do. It’s my first grow since Vermont legalized it late last year. I’m definitely learning a lot of lessons with this first grow but I have a passion for this.
Your kinda missing the point about watering.dont do a schedule just lift your plants up wen they'r wet then each day pick each pot up a little to gauge the weight and wen it's light water then.youl get it mate.you just have to find the balance.dont let fuck ups put u off,keep at it and we,r here if you encounter anymore problems

C

CLoob

AC0BB283 195F 42C1 92A1 F5A3EF357DCC
So an update. I transferred the plant to a 5gal SmartPot with a 50/50 mix of FF OF and HF. When i transferred the roots were really moist so I didn’t water for 7 days and the plant seems happy again.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
View attachment 852730 So an update. I transferred the plant to a 5gal SmartPot with a 50/50 mix of FF OF and HF. When i transferred the roots were really moist so I didn’t water for 7 days and the plant seems happy again.

Why are you not illuminating them from above? Or is that for photographic purposes :)

C

CLoob

I have 2x600w LEDs above but it makes the plants purple if those are on.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I have 2x600w LEDs above but it makes the plants purple if those are on.

Ok but why is the florescent fixture on its side i meant. And if you have that much light from above you can ditch the florescents alltogether actually.

C

CLoob

I’m actually going to experiment next grow with using just the LEDs. I do get a lot of side growth from those lights though

Top Bottom