What is your fav product(s) for root zone health in your RDWC system?

• Thread starter Chronic Monster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What is your fav product(s) for root zone health in your RDWC system?

• Total voters

215greenmachine

Anyone out there ever use a product called "Regen-A-Root" by a company out of new Zealand called CX Hydroponics?

ttystikk

ttystikk

Regen-a-Root did't work for me... but

Anyone out there ever use a product called "Regen-A-Root" by a company out of new Zealand called CX Hydroponics?

Yes, I used it, in what can only be called extreme conditions; an unchilled RDWC setup that was already rampant with pythium. I'm sorry to say it was not enough to get things under control, and I had to dump, flush and refill with DM Zone and H2O2. Lost half my girls. I used 29% H2O2 at label strength of 3ml per gallon, did it almost daily for a little while, knocked the crud out. Now, I use it occasionally, like once a week.

I found cheap nutes (thanks, Snowblind!) and now I don't feel like I'm pissin' away a Franklin every time I do a water change, so I'm doing it every other week. MUCH better now. Haven't tried Regen-a-root recently, since what I'm doing seems to be working.

ttystikk

ttystikk

hope nobody thinks this is a thread hijack, cuz it's still on topic; what can you use to keep things clean in your cloner while rooting fresh cuts? Anyone have good luck with any of the above products?

snoopytime

snoopytime

aquashield with roots excelurator seems to be a good combo anyone else using them together

I use them overlapping, not in UC though. Starting with RE then half n half for transition then to just AquaSheild for week 3 on. I can say that with a feed-only tank (ie timer\drip ring on coco) that is 200 gallons, my batch's PH doesnt change in around a week.

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

tea

There isn't really any likelyhood of over dosing plants with EWC Tea so dosages can be very liberal. I'd recommend sourcing the very best castings available, my favorite is Barefoot

UCMENOW do you crown feed the EWC tea or add it directly to the res. How often do you use the tea?

Thanks man.

S

sqydro

Zone FTW
flower_day_70_root_hand.jpg
flower_day_70_root_close.jpg

Stunning mate! What nutes were you running with the zone?

S

Stoner Smurf

I voted for Zone, cause that's what I used to use. But now I just use very small amounts Clorox bleach. Not only cheaper but more effective. The Cl in bleach not only acts as a preventive measure for root rot, it also can treat root rot (better than H202 in my opinion). Bleach is a growers best friend.

deacon1503

deacon1503

I voted for Zone, cause that's what I used to use. But now I just use very small amounts Clorox bleach. Not only cheaper but more effective. The Cl in bleach not only acts as a preventive measure for root rot, it also can treat root rot (better than H202 in my opinion). Bleach is a growers best friend.

U using the 5% or the 6%? What dosage?

S

Stoner Smurf

U using the 5% or the 6%? What dosage?

I am using Clorox with 6% sodium hypochlorite. Every bottle I buy says 6% I've never seen 5% Clorox except from other growers on the internet. Either or should work. I treat at 1.5 Tsp Clorox per 25 Gal of water. I add the Clorox to the epicenter every 3-4 days (mixed in with 1gal of RO added slowly.).

C

Cornelius

Canna Aqua+?

So i have my DIY UC system up and running, clones are in the EZ with a nice root mass ready for the system in a few days. I have ran a RDWC system a couple times before, but this is the first run with all canna nutes.

I ran a trial run(no plants) with the nute regiment i plan on using for veg(CannaAqua, Cannazym, Rhyzotonic) and within a few days,Inoticed a brown film.

Cleaned out and refilled the system, but before I add any nutes again, im wondering if I should add anything else (AquaShieldor Zone) besides Rhyzotonic? And does adding H2O2 cancel out any of the zyme?

Just trying to get it as close to perfect my first time and been reading my ass off on the forums. Any input is apprecated...

deacon1503

deacon1503

So i have my DIY UC system up and running, clones are in the EZ with a nice root mass ready for the system in a few days. I have ran a RDWC system a couple times before, but this is the first run with all canna nutes.

I ran a trial run(no plants) with the nute regiment i plan on using for veg(CannaAqua, Cannazym, Rhyzotonic) and within a few days,Inoticed a brown film.

Cleaned out and refilled the system, but before I add any nutes again, im wondering if I should add anything else (AquaShieldor Zone) besides Rhyzotonic? And does adding H2O2 cancel out any of the zyme?

Just trying to get it as close to perfect my first time and been reading my ass off on the forums. Any input is apprecated...

Pic?

C

Cornelius

wasnt able to snap a pic before i cleaned it out...i was mainly wondering if it was overkill(or not recomended) to add zone or aquashield to the mix as a precautionary measure, just to make sure that things run smoothly.

Dizzworth

Dizzworth

question about root zone polls

someone please explain to me why the polls have everything seperated when products such as voodoo and pirahna should be ran together?

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Have used ozone generators for years now to treat water for hydroponics. It eliminates the need to buy H202, bleach, chlorine, zone, HF Down Under, Roots excel, or any of those products on the list, for starters. Works REALLY well!!

What also made a HUGE difference was when we started to treat the water with a magnet array of opposing fields using a "vortex" method. Some called this "charged" water or "charging" the water for use. Simply amazing results!

C

Cornelius

using tap h2o, canna aqua a+b,zym, rhyzotonic in a 120EZ. forgot to plug the pump back into the timer (was running 24/7) and came back to browning roots and damn near 80degree water. dosed em with zone and BAM, next day, no brown and much more fresh white roots. zone is tha bomb!

Top Bottom